C25K Training

Options
Anyone up for the challenge? I started today

Replies

• JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I started last sunday. Im on day two. Trying to do more days then just once a week.
  • tammyll3
    Options
    I'm up for it! :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight after work! :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I am thinking we can post what our length/intervals are on the days we train?
    Today I did 5 min walk then 30 sec run (4.5) walk 90 sec (3.5) then 5 minute walk for a total of 35 minutes.
    Hoping to be able to run the full 30 minutes by xmas.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    October 31
    Today I did 5 min walk then 30 sec run (4.5) walk 90 sec (3.5) then 5 minute walk for a total of 35 minutes.
  • triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    October 31

If you are following the standard C25K program, what we did on another message board I was on was post W1D1 and any information we had. Kind of a way to be accountable to everyone. THis program so works and I think I am going to start it back up with W4 this week.
  • bicyclenut
    Options
    w1d1 complete
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    [[/quote]

If you are following the standard C25K program, what we did on another message board I was on was post W1D1 and any information we had. Kind of a way to be accountable to everyone. THis program so works and I think I am going to start it back up with W4 this week.
    [/quote]

Swwet! Thank you for the help - much easier to post w1d1!
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i started yesterday too, after completing W1D1 I felt good...

I plan to do Zumba tonight then W1D2 tomorrow!

Whoohoo...
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Gonna do elliptical and strength training tonight then C25K w1d2 tomorrow
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I started today.

W1D1 completed.
  • katielynn46
    katielynn46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Motivation for all.... Im starting week 8 of my c25k program. Im actually above and beyond what it says. Im up to running about 45 minutes straight. Before i started i couldnt really run a minute without being out of breath or being ready to quit! Keep going and you will see results, just like it did. Im signing up for a 5k on 11/13! Im so excited!
  • smathias11
    smathias11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did week one last week and am doing it again this week. I'm in :-)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Whoohoo...
    Warning... you should not do another high impact exercise between running days. You risk joint injuries and shin splints because you aren't giving your body a chance to recover. Find something low- or non-impact for your days between running for at least the first few months, possibly longer. Swimming, biking or even walking are better choices than Zumba.
  • one_sixty_five
    Options
    I'm on W1D2 and I feel great!
  • learning2bfit
    Options

Whoohoo...
    Warning... you should not do another high impact exercise between running days. You risk joint injuries and shin splints because you aren't giving your body a chance to recover. Find something low- or non-impact for your days between running for at least the first few months, possibly longer. Swimming, biking or even walking are better choices than Zumba.

Yes thank you for that warning. I decided not to do Zumba after all. I did some walking instead! Gonna incorporate W1D2 into our CFC campaign fun run tomorrow at work. At least I'll get to run with some of my coworkers and keep it fun!
  • learning2bfit
    Options
    Motivation for all.... Im starting week 8 of my c25k program. Im actually above and beyond what it says. Im up to running about 45 minutes straight. Before i started i couldnt really run a minute without being out of breath or being ready to quit! Keep going and you will see results, just like it did. Im signing up for a 5k on 11/13! Im so excited!

This is very encouraging; thank you for sharing.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    W1D1 complete!

I found a free C25k podcast on itunes...This girl called Chubby Jones does each week and directs you when to run and walk. Her music is great! I tried a couple, but after I found hers I was hooked.
    Anyway it helps me, so I'm not constantly looking at my watch.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    W1D1 complete!

I found a free C25k podcast on itunes...This girl called Chubby Jones does each week and directs you when to run and walk. Her music is great! I tried a couple, but after I found hers I was hooked.
    Anyway it helps me, so I'm not constantly looking at my watch.

Did you find it through itunes? I really want to get it and give it a try - my ipod also track my walking and running - nike has the chip in the running shoes and it runs off the ipod
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! I found it on itunes...just search c25k. It's great!