C25K Training

Options

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sue.

I guess I am not too far off of what you said. I had the incline at 1% but went to 2% today. I am walking at the 3 or 3.5 and jogging at 4 and 4.5. I am not a runner and a few months go I was scared to death to let go of the treadmill so my short legs aren't doing too bad for just starting. I will keep this all in mind when I think about going faster.

Denise
    I completely understand. I was afraid of running faster because I was afraid I might fall. Then a friend of mine who also recently started running DID fall and bust up his face. That didn't help my peace of mind. LOL I still don't all out sprint and probably never will.
  • debee2000
    Options
    w1 d2 complete.

Any suggestions for doing this on the treadmill?

looks like you got your answer
  • debee2000
    Options
    This is perfect - I just completed W1D1 yesterday! Love the community here and all of the accountability partners it gives you. First day was rough and my legs are super sore today, but I'm looking forward to doing it all over again tomorrow!

Don't forget to stretch your quads and hamstrings. I do after my lil walk/runs. Lets just say I learned a lesson from squats and body-4-life
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    w1d3 YAY!!
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    w1d3 YAY!!

Great Job. Today was my off day...hope to complete this tomorrow!
  • Mama2CnR
    Mama2CnR Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2D3 today :)

I've been doing it on the treadmill lately and my run pace is generally 5.2mph-5.5mph, walk pace 3.7 mph... hoping to increase these soon and looking forward to starting W3 :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Just finished W2D3 today :)

I've been doing it on the treadmill lately and my run pace is generally 5.2mph-5.5mph, walk pace 3.7 mph... hoping to increase these soon and looking forward to starting W3 :)

w1d3 yesterday day, I upped the run to 5.0 for the last minute usually do 3.5 walk and 4.5 run . . . is this fear realistic, I am afraid I am going to fall off the treadmill. Totally serious . . .this is my biggest fear! I am totally stoked for w2 though :bigsmile:
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm up for this - I downloaded the treadmill version of this yesterday. If you google C25k there is a programme specially written for treadmill that gives you the timings to use. My personal trainer suggests an incline of 2.0 because he says this mimics road conditions best. I am starting to run on 8kph (about 5mph). Please add me if you want to motivate and encourage each other.
  • debee2000
    Options
    I didn't do W1D3 today but will do W1D3 on monday. Way too much Saturday trying to get the last 2 Saturday's stuff done in 1 Saturday.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I didn't do W1D3 today but will do W1D3 on monday. Way too much Saturday trying to get the last 2 Saturday's stuff done in 1 Saturday.

Hi Deb! just 1 more training day and your on to w2W Great job! I start w2 monday and am so looking forward to it - friday I was able to do 1 minute at 5.0, that is a first. Today I was able to walk 3.7 for 20 minutes! That is a first as wwell. So far my spine is dealing with running pretty well!
  • M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    Whats c25k mean or stand for??
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Whats c25k mean or stand for??

Its couch to 5 kilometers a programme designed for people who have never run
  • CanadianMag
    CanadianMag Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4. when I turned the program on on my phone yesterday I almost died, it wanted me to run 5 min TWO times! I survived, and was proud of myself. Normally I do not go to the gym on Sundays but I am heading there to see if I can do it again!
  • CanadianMag
    Options
    w1 d2 complete.

I downloaded an app on my phone its free C25K is the name. I love it as it tells you when to run and walk and no keeping track of the time. I can only run on a treadmill, it kills my knees when I run outside
  • CanadianMag
    Options
    I do 3.5 walk and 4.9 or 5 run.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    w1 d2 complete.

try this link http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what a C25K was until I just now looked it up.... and found one for the treadmill... hmmm... i'm thinking about being IN!
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 today. I was pleasantly surprised that I did as well as I did. Gonna give week 2 a try! I may end up liking this running stuff yet.:bigsmile:
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I finished week 1 today. I was pleasantly surprised that I did as well as I did. Gonna give week 2 a try! I may end up liking this running stuff yet.:bigsmile:

My exact feeling! I have always wanted to be a runner and before I gained 85 pounds (for the second time :sad: ) I was able to run a 12 minute mile. That was a few years ago. My goal is to run that 12 minute mile and keep on going for another couple of miles :bigsmile:!