Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - November Challenge!!

Options
Hey Ladies (and gents, if you're out there!) - Welcome to our 14th Challenge thread! Ready to kick some *kitten* this month? :huh:

Let's make this November the most successful, inspired and motivating month yet :bigsmile:

For those of you who know how this works and are coming back for more, this will just be more of the same, but skim over it anyway to make me feel important. For the newbs - Welcome! Here's the 'skinny' on our healthy living and lifestyle challenge...

As with the 13 challenges that have come before, this is a place where MFPals in their 20s can search out support, motivation, and advice while they are working towards their own personal goals. You're encouraged to set your own targets based on what is important to you and what challenges you face that you hope to overcome - set out goals for the month, make them attainable, and then just keep coming back to update us on your progress, help motivate others, and kick some serious *kitten*!! This group is home to Pals at all stages in their journey and there is plenty of advice, friendship and *love* to go around - If you have any questions or just need help getting moving, or you're a total veteran at this whole healthy living thing, you're welcome here! Just post whatever you like, show some support when you can, and enjoy the group :bigsmile:

Here's what we ask:

1) As our veteran members (and newbs alike) sign onto the challenge once again, a list like the one found at the bottom of this post will start forming. This is our “goals list”. If you want to join the challenge, we ask that you copy and paste the most up-to-date list and tag your own screen name and goals onto the bottom – this is so that we can keep things moving along and no one gets left behind! (If you notice that someone's been left off, due to a high volume of posting, please incorporate their goals back into the list whenever possible.)
2) Set attainable and realistic goals! I cannot stress this enough. This group is dedicated to supporting healthy living, first and foremost, and that includes physical, emotional and mental health. So set goals that you know you can reach, with hard work and persistence, and find ways to celebrate small victories whenever you can. This will help you stay motivated and on track! We recommend setting some non-scale goals along with a scale goal if you are trying to lose weight – seeing progress in your fitness, your measurements and your diet is a great way to celebrate small changes in your life that make a HUGE difference. Be flexible, know that things aren't going to go perfectly as planned every day, and allow some wiggle room for a bad day here and there. We all have them!
3) Once your goals are posted, stay active and enjoy the benefits of this awesome community. Oh, and invite your 20-something friends! Let's keep this group moving, ladies!

Now for the re-cap from our October challenge... Here's the list of our goals from last month. How did your results stack up? What do you still need to work on, what did you accomplish that you hadn't expected at the outset of the month, and how are you going to improve on your goals going forward? Let it all out! It's good for ya :wink:
abby459- see 140lbs on the scale, finish 5K race without walking and under 30mins, aim to run 5miles without walking
meagalayne- drink more water than I did in September, continue to increase core strength, trail run and spin each at least once a week, and take a proper lunch break at work twice a week (ie: don't kill yourself working 9 hours straight)
Lalonmeg (meghan)- start back with the c25k program! Keep eating breakfast or at least pack something to go, cut back on the coffee intake. Try and wake up at similar time even days I don't open for work to keep a normal sleep schedule
Imarunner8908- Workout 2-3 days a week, continue tracking, WATER WATER WATER!
Leela30 - get back to the measurements I had in April - losing an inch almost everywhere
Mkingraham- keep up the 15k training program, stretch for ten minutes every evening, reprioritize strength training
stephabee- get into the lower 130s, start run the running group 2 a week, track food and exercise
miss_amy- lose 7-8lbs (or at least 5-6), log food every day & work out 5 days a week for at least 45 mins to an hour
HelloKayla- make it to 130, drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, and work out at least 5 days a week!
theperfectratio-155 on the scale, drop 1-2 inches around the waist, run 3 miles w/o stopping. Eat CLEAN.
jyopchick - follow my bootcamp program all the way through the 8 weeks, continue to work out at least 6 days a week, with as many DOUBLE "LCWs" (last chance workouts) as i can squeeze, and a 4lb weight loss by the end of the month.
GreenHumanClay-Workout 5-6xs/per week with 4-5 of those workouts including running, increase my running distance to 7 miles non-stop, 2 5k's, consume more h20, and lose 3-5lbs and continue zig-zagging.
Traverlerkate drink LOTS more water, incorporate more fruits and veggies, and hit the gym at least 3 times a week
MissGolightly727(Emily) - Run 3 times per week with weight training after. Get the scale under 170. Run 2 miles without stopping/walking. Continue with no carbonated drinks plan!

Ok now for the fun - Let's get a new list going and kick off a new month with a bang, lovelies. Set some lofty goals and kick it for November. You're worth it! Let's see what you've got :bigsmile:

-Meag

Replies

• miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey all! so excited for november! my goals for october were to lose 7-8lbs (or at least 5-6), log food every day & work out 5 days a week for at least 45 mins to an hour. my results? i lost 8lbs, definitely worked out 5 days a week, but slacked on logging every single day (although i logged way more than many months). overall, i'd say the month was quite a success for me!

now for november!

my goals for november are going to be to continue the success i had in october. hopefully i can have another awesome month!

good luck everyone!

miss_amy- lose 7lbs (i'll be happy with 5-6, but 7 or more would be ideal!), LOG EVERYTHING & work out 5-6x a week
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am definately back in!!
    These were my October goals:
    abby459- see 140lbs on the scale, finish 5K race without walking and under 30mins, aim to run 5miles without walking
    I did not make 140....last weigh in was 142.7. I made my 5K goals!! And I am now able to run 5miles without walking!! I consider it a successful month!

Goals for November: I want to focus less on the scale....I still have the goal of being under 140 by the end of Nov. But I want to set some non-weight goals to focus on. I plan to continue my p90x and running hybrid program. I want to be able to run for 60mins without walking!! I want to eat at least 4-5 fruits/veggies a day. I want to stay in my calorie range everyday this month! And I want to drink at least 100oz of water a day!!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'm back! :smile:

October goals: GreenHumanClay-Workout 5-6xs/per week with 4-5 of those workouts including running, increase my running distance to 7 miles non-stop, 2 5k's, consume more h20, and lose 3-5lbs and continue zig-zagging.
    I definitely worker 5-6xs per week, included running at least 4 xs, realized this morning that I did not run 7 miles so I ran in the evening and I ran 7 miles new distance goal for me but it was not non-stop but still as success IMO. Did the 2 5'ks, drank more water than before and continued zig zagging and lost 4.2 lbs this month WOOOHOOO definite success now looking back!

My goals for November are:

GreenHumanClay: Continue working out 5-6xs per week (running 4xs) since I'm increasing distance 4xs is plenty, increase running to 8 miles, run a 10k, hydrate well, lose 3-5lbs, continue zig zagging and weight training 2xs per week!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! A new month and a fresh start!

Well October was kind of a bust, but I know why. The hubby and I are expecting our first child!! We are both very excited about this, but this adds in a whole new dimension to the exercising and eating right aspect. My doctor wants me to gain at most 15 lbs and she would be perfectly happy if I didn't gain any weight at all. So far I have actually lost about 1.5 lbs since finding out I was pregnant. This is going to change my goals slightly. The dr said I can still train for my 15k which I am really happy about since I have put so much effort into it. So I am going to concentrate on eating the right things and exercise.

miss_amy- lose 7lbs (i'll be happy with 5-6, but 7 or more would be ideal!), LOG EVERYTHING & work out 5-6x a week
    abby459- Goals for November: I want to focus less on the scale....I still have the goal of being under 140 by the end of Nov. But I want to set some non-weight goals to focus on. I plan to continue my p90x and running hybrid program. I want to be able to run for 60mins without walking!! I want to eat at least 4-5 fruits/veggies a day. I want to stay in my calorie range everyday this month! And I want to drink at least 100oz of water a day!!
    GreenHumanClay: Continue working out 5-6xs per week (running 4xs) since I'm increasing distance 4xs is plenty, increase running to 8 miles, run a 10k, hydrate well, lose 3-5lbs, continue zig zagging and weight training 2xs per week!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Finish my 15k training plan since the race is Dec 3, be concious of the food I am eating and make healthy choices, maintain my weight

Lets make November awesome!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies - Welcome back to our challenge! :bigsmile:

My goals for Oct were the following:
    meagalayne- drink more water than I did in September, continue to increase core strength, trail run and spin each at least once a week, and take a proper lunch break at work twice a week (ie: don't kill yourself working 9 hours straight)

I did alright - I didn't drink enough water, as usual, and I totally failed on core. Spinning and trail running was a win - I am really enjoying both and want to keep them up (weather permitting), and still working on taking breaks at work (that was a 1/2 win, I'd say).

November goal list:

abby459- Goals for November: I want to focus less on the scale....I still have the goal of being under 140 by the end of Nov. But I want to set some non-weight goals to focus on. I plan to continue my p90x and running hybrid program. I want to be able to run for 60mins without walking!! I want to eat at least 4-5 fruits/veggies a day. I want to stay in my calorie range everyday this month! And I want to drink at least 100oz of water a day!!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Finish my 15k training plan since the race is Dec 3, be concious of the food I am eating and make healthy choices, maintain my weight
    meagalayne- not log more than 5 days for the month (eat well and intuitively), continue an effort to get 2x lunch breaks a week, more water, sleep and more reading (mental and emotional health win!), and work on enjoying every single working - getting back to basics!

These may seem like weird goals but I need to work on being happy in November. Logging adds undue stress to my life and I need to cut it out. I also need to work on getting more sleep, more water and getting back to things I love - exercise for the sake of healthy living and enjoyment and reading for fun. I need to work on being happy this month and enjoying health in and of itself. Hope ya'll are feeling the same positive vibes! :heart:

Have a great Nov 1st everyone!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Congrats on the fabulous news Megan!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I are expecting our first child!!
    Lets make November awesome!

yay!! congrats! sounds like november is already going to be awesome for you!!! :)
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    so, this was a surprising morning for me! i posted goals for october here and started being an active member of this group again... and then got super busy again and forgot to check back in (I WISH THEY WOULD SEND ME UPDATES WHEN PEOPLE POSTED SO I COULDN'T FORGET!! ARGH!!! :grumble: ) :wink:

that being said... I MET ALL MY GOALS FOR OCTOBER AND DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT UNTIL RIGHT NOW :bigsmile: hahha yayyy!!!

my goals were....

jyopchick - follow my bootcamp program all the way through the 8 weeks, continue to work out at least 6 days a week, with as many DOUBLE "LCWs" (last chance workouts) as i can squeeze, and a 4lb weight loss by the end of the month.

this week marks week 8 of my bootcamp (last day is thursday 11/3) and i have followed it all the way through! it's not the best bootcamp i've ever had BUT my goal was to lose 4lbs in october and so far im at 4.8lbs and still have my final weigh in this week! i've also done double workouts every thursday this month, and will be again this thursday!!! i have worked out at least 6 days a week every week this month (though last week when i was sick i only worked out 5 and this week is a bad exercise week due to scheduling so i will only get 4 really good workouts in, other than walking) BUT i was so shocked/ happy to see the goals i set and actually REACH THEM!!! i completed a 30 day challenge this past month to master organization and achieve goals and it's so gratifying to see myself achieving all of my goals!! (btw i totally recommend the challenge, it's life changing!!!) :happy:

november is my month for health and fitness, so i am actually going to put "check kicking *kitten* thread" on my to-do list EVERY day because the support and motivation from all of you is SO wonderful and i want it to be part of my health and fitness focus this month!! (it's been added! it WILL happen!) :smile: my new job that i am starting training for now, part time in january, and full time once i finish my degree in july, is for a company whose product is a weight management program through nutrition alone (so freaking cool btw), and as part of my training my new boss wants me to do a mini version of the program (the program has 3 stages and usually takes 6 months to complete before members reach the "keeping it going" stage where the nutrition they learn is just how they eat, etc). basically, i am doing stage 0 for the first week of november, stage 1 for the second week, and stage 2 for the third week (all in time to be done before thanksgiving dinner haha). because the plan is intended for people who need to lose at least 30lbs and oftentimes much more, stage 0 is rather strict with a max of 1200 cals (part of the reason im not getting a workout in today - i needed this morning to plan out all my food and also want to see how i feel with these 1200 cals and no exercise). i am really looking forward to these next three weeks because i will be learning SO much about nutrition and hopefully finally getting rid of bad habits and stupid eating once and for all! :) sooooo long story...long (:laugh: ) here are my november goals....

jyopchick- stay on the I-Diet exactly for three weeks (as promised), drink at least 6oz of water every day, take a vitamin every day, lose 8lbs by December 1st!

November goal list:

meagalayne- not log more than 5 days for the month (eat well and intuitively), continue an effort to get 2x lunch breaks a week, more water, sleep and more reading (mental and emotional health win!), and work on enjoying every single working - getting back to basics!
    jyopchick- stay on the I-Diet exactly for three weeks (as promised), drink at least 6oz of water every day, take a vitamin every day, lose 8lbs by December 1st!
  • abby459
    Options
    Megan - CONGRATS!!!! I am sooo happy for both of you!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    congrats megan! how exciting! :) that's awesome you'll still be able to train for your race too!

jennelle- congrats on making your october goals and not realizing it! lol definitely is a great feeling when you're still on the right track! your weight management program sounds interesting. keep us updated with how it goes!

meag- i think the no logging goal for you is really good. i know for me, i can get pretty obsessive at times with making my macro goals & being under calories each day and if i was at maintenance like you are, i'd love to find a healthy balance to allow my focus to be on other things. you can do it girl! :)

asm: i don't have too much news today, just focused on getting through this week and making my goals everyday. i have to go to court friday (long story), which i'm not looking forward to, so i can't wait til that is over! it's kind of stressing me out a little bit so it will be nice to not have that hanging over my head. i'm trying to take every day as it comes, one day at a time. :)
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! We are really excited!! And the goodnews it is motivating him to get in shape and healthy! He started with me in the beginning, dropped like 30 lbs really fast, like guys do, and then stopped trying. He is using this as motivation which I think is great!

Loving everyone's goals so far!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am joining back after beeing semi MIA throughout the summer/

My goals for November are to strike a balance between logging obbsessively/not logging, and to kick up my workouts, try new things and just have fun with it.

eleanoreb- strike a balance between logging obbsessively/not logging, and to kick up my workouts, try new things and just have fun with it
  • softballash525
    Options
    I guess it's not too late since there's still daylight left on the first day of the month!

I've been using the app to track, but I've definitely been in need of some support and guidance. I started gaining weight after graduating college, and took up running. I'm (surprise!) actually good at it, and just achieved one of my new year's resolutions: complete a half marathon. I came in 3rd in my age group, which I'm also pleased about!

However, I've been slipping in regard to my eating habits. I travel for work, and can't seem to control myself around junk food. For a while, I was just substituting healthy snacks, and managed to shed some weight (about 25 pounds). Unfortunately, I'm back up 10 and that's not OK with me. I guess the real wake-up call was when I put on jeans that used to be too big, and they didn't fit because they were too small..it was because they had been shrunk in the dryer, but that feeling is pretty lousy.

I've posted my goals at the bottom, and I hope to help cheer you all on, as you help me take control of this binging and emotional eating that's been my downfall. I'm planning to go on a cruise in January, and if I compulsively eat there, I'll gain everything I've lost and then some! I hope to change my habits for good- maybe not this month, but through more mindful eating and living.

eleanoreb- strike a balance between logging obbsessively/not logging, and to kick up my workouts, try new things and just have fun with it
    softballash525- 1. Log as accurately as possible every day. 2. Drink water, think about what I'm eating, then eat. 3. Work out 40 minutes/day. 4. Eat what I want, but stay under calorie goal/day. Scale goal: 6 pounds by 11/30
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    softballash525- 1. Log as accurately as possible every day. 2. Drink water, think about what I'm eating, then eat. 3. Work out 40 minutes/day. 4. Eat what I want, but stay under calorie goal/day. Scale goal: 6 pounds by 11/30
    annacataldo- excercise everyday or at least 6days a week. weigh 225 (to meet my 100lbs lost goal by thanksgiving). more clean foods; less eating out (if not at all), no treats (Even if i have the calories)

i hope i joined the group the right way? nice to meet you guys; im 26 from oregon. i normally would never set myself with a 15lb goal in less than a month, but im really determined because my family has not seen me since ive lost a single pound and saying "i lost 100lbs this year" is a big number, and i believe it might be possible for me to lose that amount because i havent done much excercise at all in my 8months here so with the increase in activity im hoping for a miracle boost. i wont be upset though if i miss goal cuz its alot of weight to lose, but id still like to push for it. if i dont lose the pounds, maybe ill lose a bunch of inches and go down to a size 16, or even a 14?? only time will tell.

lets kick a$s girls!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy November Lovelies!! I am ready to own this month and come out on top!!

Megan – congrats on the pregnancy!! Since I am probably the only other mom in the group, make sure to take as many pictures as you can as you progress. I know its still early but once its done and over, you can’t get it back but you can always reflect on the pictures!! It’s truly a magical time!!

Jenelle – congrats on meeting all of your goals…especially without even realizing it!! You rocked it girly!!

Amy – welcome back girly!! You got this group started over a year ago and so many people have come and gone looking for motivation and inspiration. Glad to see you’re back for more!!

Meag – great goals for the month! You almost seemed calmer just by simply writing them out. I Loved your NSG so I had to steal it also. Can’t wait to see you kick *kitten* this month!!

Welcome to all you newbies!! I hope you all stick around for motivation, inspiration, and a good place to just vent when you need to!! And yes…this recommendation is for myself as well!!

AFM…never got around to setting goals for October because I fell off the wagon and got left behind somewhere. However, I’m ready to own November since my 30th birthday is in December!! So here goes my goals for November…

GuamGrly (Bethany) – lose 5 pounds, drink 64oz of water per day, eat out no more than once per week, workout 3x per week, increase fruit and veggie consumption. NSG – read one book!! (Thanks Meag)

Quote of the day - "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." ~Joe Sabah~
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    annacataldo- excercise everyday or at least 6days a week. weigh 225 (to meet my 100lbs lost goal by thanksgiving). more clean foods; less eating out (if not at all), no treats (Even if i have the calories)
    GuamGrly (Bethany) – lose 5 pounds, drink 64oz of water per day, eat out no more than once per week, workout 3x per week, increase fruit and veggie consumption. NSG – read one book!! (Thanks Meag)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey y'all! Well I'm grounding myself from MFP for the night, shutting down to get some reading in and to get a good night's sleep. I was up VERY late last night having yet another serious relationship convo with Tyler. It was tough. They all are... I'm pretty close to making a big, big regrettable move... We shall see what the future holds.

First day of my Nov challenge went well but I know that things are going to get so much worse before they get better. I can already feel the urge and pull to cheat. To log. I need to know. I need that crutch. It's such an unhealthy obsession at this point... Not good! To make matters worse I know i went over my cals today because I just could not get my act together to go out and run. My legs are majorly heavy and hurting from all my racing and running the past 3 days and it was just not in the cards. Hoping to get to the gym sometime tomorrow.

I did however take a lunch! Yeppers :bigsmile: Score one for the good guys! Work was heinous and miserable today and so I just said "*kitten* it - I'm leaving for a bit" and headed over to the shopping plaza for a quick tour around. Nothing exciting. Just out of the office!

Onto my comments for the rest of y'all....
    Welcome NEWBS! :flowerforyou: Looks like you're all doing it right! and welcome back to Jyop, Guam, and El. Hope you all keep kickin' it with us!

anna - Welcome to the group and incredible job with your successes so far! You goals look great, just be sure that you aren't stretching yourself too thin in an effort to meet really lofty goals at the expense of your health and happiness. You'll get to 100lbs lost eventually. 90lbs lost is really no less impressive, and making it to the 100lbs lost through deprivation and exhausting under-fueled workouts if going to end up causing you some troubles in the future. Steady, long term changes are KEY. You know that by now,, I am sure. Eating a balanced diet, along with moderate exercise, water, sleep and a positive outlook are the keys to success on this journey. Doing anything differently or making this journey about anyone but YOU is just *not* worth it! Just my $0.02 of course :bigsmile:

Then again, I'm the same girl who lets her results speak for themselves - I never tell anyone how much I've lost. I'm so much prouder of my every day healthy choices than all the bullsh*t hard work it took to un-do my terrible lifestyle choices from the past. I'd much rather be judged on how much *kitten* I can kick right now :tongue:

Guam - Great goals and god luck with the reading - What's at the top of your "to read' list? I just ordered Born To Run from Chapters and can't wait to get it in the mail! How are the kiddos? Hope everyone is well :bigsmile: Missed you darling and happy to have you back with us!

Softball - Another runner! Yippee! Lots of us here in the group run LOADS so you'll find a lot of support and camaraderie in that regard. Congrats on your amazing finish in the 1/2 Marathon. I just ran my first on Sept 18th - Where did you run? Your goals look great. Very well measured and easy enough to follow. I like it!

OK That's all I can catch up with right now. I'll try to get on in the AM with another something something. Til then my lovelies :heart:
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Megan CONGRATS on the pregnancy and that is awesome to be still be able to train for the 15k! I agree that men lose easily my BF lost 30 lbs or so after changing some eating habits, but that is great that your partner is going to use that as motivation! :flowerforyou:

Jennelle Awesome job on accomplishing your goals without even realizing it and on the new job I remember you posting about last month!! Your plan sounds interesting let us know how your doing! Can you tell us more about the 30-day challenge??

Amy congrats on all your SV and NSV for last month you can definitely continue what you have been doing and kick some *kitten*, as for court I feel you on that one it's no fun for sure hope your week goes by smoothly and court comes and goes that way it's not lingering around! You'll be okay hang in there! :wink:

Eleanor I like your goals "try new things and have fun with it"! I need to start doing that more often! Awesome job losing 40 lbs! :smile:

Softballash Awesome job on completing a half marathon first of all AND coming in 3rd place wow thats impressive. I to am a runner a novice runner for sure and I plan to complete a half sometime this coming year by summer the latest! I know how challenging running can be at least for me so wtg! I can soo relate to the pants shrinking in the dryer happens all the time lol Welcome and hope you stay motivated and take control of the emotional eating which I too have struggled with for many years sounds like you have the right mind set with your lifestyle change!! :smile:

Anna I couldn't agree any more with Meag! Losing 90lbs is not any less impressive than 100 as long as you are losing in a healthy way and moving your body to burn some calories the weight should come off! I wouldn't deprive my self or push too hard slow and steady wins! Like you said you haven't really been exercising for 8 months so that alone should kick start more weight loss! But I'd take it easy and gradually increase your workouts you don't want to get injured or burnt out! Congrats on your success so far and remember it's about you and your health not anyone else!! :happy: Keep it up !!

Bethany Welcome back and it seems your in full force! You can do it! Hope you had a great halloween with your kiddo! And btw love the quote!

Meag I know relationships can be tricky and sometimes that break might be whats best for you, but thats for you to figure out no one knows best than yourself! Awesome in taking a lunch break good way to start the month and as far as not running, you kicked some *kitten* running that hardcore trail give yourself some props, you have been doing great and if anything you are definitely in the top of my mfp peeps that are on top of their game with healthy eating/exercising and being motivating to others, so I think you're doing awesome trust yourself more! Get out the office when you feel like you need to and make time for those lunch breaks even if it's 10 minutes! Enjoy your book get some rest since it sounds like your body needs to recover and hit the gym tomorrow remember positive thinking tomorrow!! btw I did the 7 mile run but took two short stretching breaks! :bigsmile:

AFM I planned a 7 mile run yesterday to complete my goals for October, I did run the 7 miles but had to take two stretching breaks but hey I got it done and felt great afterwards, but not so much today since the trail is a new trail 2nd time running it and it has many small inclines and boy did I feel it today. Rather than resting today I planned another run was shooting for a semi long run 5-6 miles but ended up running 4 miles, my legs (thigh area) was pretty sore, so for tomorrow instead of running I will be hitting the gym and focusing on weight training and giving the lil legs a break! I had some pumpkin dessert but with justification not that I need one it was home made by me for a potluck yesterday and it was sitting there so I had some but at least turned down all the cupcakes and candy that is left over! Made a healthy lunch home made turkey meatball pasta yummy! need to continue cooking at home and not go out to eat more than 1-2 per week that will also be a goal! Need to also focus on sleeping better have horrible sleeping patterns and have for many years due to working a job that had crazy hours, that will also be a goal geez I need a lot of work lol! Until tomorrow ladies! Make tomorrow a great day halfway through the week! :bigsmile:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Good Morning Lovelies and Happy Hump Day!!

Meag - I have a few books around the house that I have yet to read so I imagine I will just grab one of those. I have been dragging My Sister's Keeper around with me but have yet to get into it. I'm one of those nerds that likes to read the book before I see the movie. The kiddos are doing great!!! My daughter is thoroughly enjoying 1st grade so far. I think she will end up a nerd, just like her mother. She's a lover of math, just like me!! My son just turned 4 last month and I am looking to getting him into tee ball. He lacks that male role model in his life cause when his dad is around him, he tries to buy his affection rather than teach him life lessons. So I think the structure and discipline will be good for him. And he :heart: baseball so it should be great!! Sorry to hear about your relationship woes :ohwell: but I hope that you are able to get things all worked out for the better.

Cynthia - turning down cupcakes definitely sounds like a win to me!! :bigsmile: I have a HUGE sweet tooth and have a hard time turning anything down. I haven't done too bad with all of the Halloween candy that my kids got though. My goal is to bring it to work and let the guys enjoy it. But the holidays are just around the corner and I :heart: to bake. The good and bad part of that is that my family will not be around for Thanksgiving. My mom usually loves to cook for a group of 20 when there is usually only 6 of us. But since I will be all by myself this year, no parents and no kids, I am hoping that I won't eat myself silly since I won't be surrounded by family that I am used to. We shall see!!

AFM...yesterday didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but I'm not letting it get to me. Already got a head start on my water for the day. Lunch is being bought by work today so I'm hoping that we can go somewhere healthy-ish. I need to get in the habit of eating breakfast sooner so that I can get my metabolism jump-started!! :bigsmile: I have come to the conclusion that going to the gym just isn't in the cards for me so I am sucking it up and gonna work out at home, even though I am not a big fan of it. But I need to make due with what I have rather than continuing to make excuses. So tonight will be a round of Turbo Jam. And I think I have decided to fit in the 100 pushup challenge and some ab work on the other days.

Let's do this ladies!! Make it a great day!!

Quote of the Day - "Life can be pulled by goals just as surely as it can be pushed by drives." Viktor Frankl
  • abby459
    Options
    I love reading everyones goals!! It gives me ideas for future months and things other then just weight loss that I should be focusing on!! Great work ladies!!

AFM - Just had to post a quick NSV!! I finally gave in a went to buy a new pair of jeans. I had wanted to wait until I was much closer to my final goals, but my current jeans literally will not stay on my waist anymore, so I had to give in and buy 2 new pairs. However, I went to Old Navy and I fit in a size 8!!!! The pair I walked in wearing was a 12!!! Down 2 whole sizes!!! I am flying high right now!!