Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - November Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Amy :noway: Way to catch up! You just showed me who's boss lady! :laugh:

As for groups... I'm torn. I am really struggling to keep up with this thread lately since I am being pulled in a million directions in life. I regularly have about 10 mins a day to catch up with MFP, so "admining" a group is beyond my scope right now. If others think it would be a worthwhile endeavour and want to take on some of the admin work, moderating, whatever else is required, then sure! I am very flexible. But for now this is about the most I can commit to :ohwell:

Cynthia - AWESOME job! What a fabulous month - 50lbs lost is incredible and the NSVs always feel so damn good. You rock girl! :bigsmile: keep it up!

Jyop - I feel ya on having no time - but it's fabulous to hear you're kicking *kitten* with your Nov goals ! I'd say that's far more important than finding loads of time to post here. Of course, balance is everything, but I am trying to give my goals and personal life priority over MFP right now and I think it's working alright. I still feel guilty most days for "ignoring" my pals but it's all about priority. Sounds to me like you've got it wayyy under control. I endeavour to be as "pulled together" as you soon enough! :blushing:

Quick post for me - Booked my plane ticket to New Orleans last night :drinker: Finally! It's taken me ages to get around to it but yay! It's booked! Dec 9-12th I'll be heading down to LA for an awesome solo-adventure to ring in my 25th :bigsmile: Other than that, I hit up a very long CrossFit intro class last night and enjoyed it. Back and chest are a little tight this morning but nothing major. Hit the streets for 30 mins this morning and did a short run - 2.87 miles total covered, including some WU and CD. It was alright - focused a lot on my form to offset some sore and nagging muscle pain which I think may be attributed to the new shoes. Here's hoping it helps because I've got a race on Saturday and want to be feeling 100% ...

Anyway - Off to work! Have a great day ladies! :drinker:
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Abby- Congrats on the hike, it sounds amazing!! your photo is very inspirational!

Amy/Meag- I feel the same about gaining lately, i'm really trying get back on track and stay focused.Hopefully this week will be better for us. Also crossfit class sounds awesome!!

Greenhumanclay- good job on all your workouts, and the variety!

Guam- Definitely agree with you. when you don't workout you feel tired and sluggish. Definitely push through to get that workout in :) Good job staying udner calories

AFM everything is fine.. really liking my trx class. Abs are starting to show a bit more. Going to wine and food show this weekend, so will try and get a good workout in before hand and not totally go nuts!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Cynthia- AWESOME! 50lbs! :happy: congrats!! i'm only a few lbs away from 50 myself, so i know how you must be feeling right now! so exciting! And yeah, it definitely helps to have a partner to help keep each other motivated to keep losing weight. it also helps to have a great group of people on here to talk to too! :wink:
    b00b0084- Welcome! We have really gross water where I live too. My family invested in a big water cooler type thingy & we refill huge jugs every week at the grocery store for pretty cheap. It's worth the investment, when you can afford it!
    My mom used to have one of those. I loved it. I can not afford one of those right now or in the near future, but I am wanting to get the brita thing. I will just be refilling it multiple times a day!

Definitely invest in a brita then! It's totally worth it! :smile:

jyop- sounds like you're doing amazing! glad you're really seeing results with your new weight management program!

meag- i don't know how you make those super long posts all the time lol. it took forever (or maybe i'm just really slow lol). i agree with your opinion on the groups thing. i was just throwing it out there to see if anyone was interested. i don't really like how there's groups and the message board now. it seems less organized to me and harder to find stuff. i'm also sad they changed the signatures! i liked being able to post my goals and stuff in there! oh well. :ohwell: you must be super excited about new orleans! woo hoo! NOLA is definitely on my list of places to visit. keep us updated on your experiences there! and props to you for doing a solo trip! i've taken a few solo trips in my time and i gotta say, there's something freeing about being in a new city by yourself! my trip to san diego at the end of this month is going to be partly solo- i'm visiting a few friends out there but i'm going by myself and plan on doing some stuff solo. i can't wait! :smile:

eleanor- i think this week will be better for us! it's already better than last week for me anyway! you can totally do it, too! keep thinking of the goals you wanna reach! :smile:

asm: this week has been WAAAYY better than last week. the scale is behaving so far and i've lost what i gained last week plus a little more already so i'm hoping that means a great weigh-in this week. :bigsmile: the only downer so far this week was that i found out my court date is probably going to be in january, the day before i leave for my annual trip with friends to san diego (yes, i'm going there this month and in january lol). i'm worried about getting time off for that and the trip. our time off starts accruing for the year on january 1st and my manager loves to be a stickler and say "well you haven't accrued the time off yet" when she knows i take this trip every year, i don't ever abuse my time off, and i always have extra days to use at the end of every year but she won't let me transfer them over. it's so frustrating. there are people at work who abuse their time off all the time and she says nothing, but then gives me a hard time anytime i ask for time off. grr. it's kinda stressing me out to ask her for 3 days off because of this fact. i'm praying she'll be kind. she's off today so i think i'll do it tomorrow. if she gives me a hard time, i might end up going to HR about it and seeing if she'll be kinder. we'll see. i'll keep you all updated. :::fingers crossed:::

random question, but what kind of music do you ladies all listen to? anyone else here a huge music nerd like myself? just curious. :smile:
  • iamjenae
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am hoping to join y'all in your support/motivation board. My name is Jenae. I am 24 years old (25 on Saturday). I am in the middle of a messy divorce, ending a 9 year relationship (3 year marriage) and am ready to take my life back. I lost 65# on Weight Watchers about 3 years ago, and I found it all again when my husband came home from Afghanistan... and what do you know, I found about 30 more as well!! In any event... I am happy to get to know you (if that is OK!).

My scale goal for November is 5%. I would like to be down 11 pounds (212) total by December 1. I do think this is realistic--but not so easily attainable that I do not have to push myself.
    My non-scale goal for November is to continue to track all of my food and water. This is the hardest part for me, and if I do it I just know that I will lose.

I know that life can sometimes be stressful, but this is the best way for me get back to the me that I know is inside.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - Congrats on hitting 50lbs!!!! That is sooo amazing......treat yourself to something for that one....doesnt need to be food, maybe a new outfit or something....but you deserve something!!! So proud of you!!

Jyop - Awesome job doing 5am workouts!! I wish I had your dedication. Sounds like you have a busy schedule but youre doing great handdling it!! And wait-to-go on your nov goals so far!

Meag - So happy that you booked a trip for yourself!!! New Orleans should be awesome, whatever you end up doing there!! Glad to hear that you are making some time for yourself!

Amy - Glad to hear the scale is moving in the right direction for you this week....your weigh-in will be a good one!!! And hopefully your boss lets you go on your trip....San Diego sounds fun...I've never been, but would like to go some day. As for my music - I mostly listen to rock and alternative rock type music...what about you??

AFM - Had a crazy trail run today.....me and hubby got kinda lost and ended up on this trail that no one must ever go on...it was covered with fallen trees and I felt like I was jumping hurdles the whole time!! I had wanted a speed run but it did not end up that way, oh well we had fun! And I just booked our yearly vacation!! We are heading to Riviera Maya, Mexico in the end of February!!! I am super psyched.....and its extra motivation to get bikini ready in the next few months!!!
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Amber- Welcome! What part of Cali are you from? I'm heading to San Diego at the end of the month for a few days! I'm excited. I'm from Chicago so I know it will be warmer than here lol. I attempted the 30 day shred when I first started my weight loss journey last year and man was I sore! I feel your pain haha. Way to get your workout in though!

Hi! Thanks!

I'm closer to Los Angeles, but visit San Diego all the time. it's a great place to be! The weather should be fantastic (compared to Chicago lol)... have fun! What are you doing there?
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Members,

I wanted to direct your attention to this post about migrating your group thread into a Group using our newly debuted Group feature.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390510-support-groups-challenges-please-migrate-to-groups

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I think you'll find that transitioning your thread to an official Group is a major upgrade in terms of your ability to interact with each other.

If you've already posted an invitation to your followers to join a Group you've formed, forgive me for not seeing it in the thread!

Thanks!
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Abby Thanks I actually signed up for some bootcamp/yoga classes as a treat! Starts Nov. 21st super excited! I think once I hit the big goal i will definitely celebrate maybe a tattoo since I have been wanting one or a new look/clothes! The run sounds awesome and thats great that your hubby goes with you or vice versa lol since I remember you mentioning keeping up with him! You're doing awesome by the looks of it, your food diary/ trail running and hiking is all great! MEXICO ohh thats going to be awesome and I agree that is motivation for sure! Can't wait to see some pics!! :smile:

Amy Thanks!! :happy: I would definitely go to HR sounds like this boss of yours needs to be checked (professionally) IMO! I really hate if Im being treated unfair and speaking up usually helps! Sounds like she has her favorites which happens but should not be tolerated good luck tomorrow and be stern. Find out if you can transfer those days over to next year through HR, you might not be able to but if you are then she has to grant you that!! Glad to hear that your week is going much better than last week, BTW I love my music too, I listen to lots of different types it just depends what mood Im in or what exercise Im doing. But I love spanish rock, salsa, reggae and indie rock and lots others, commercial radio music I enjoy if I want to get pumped up lol!

AFM I have been on a sweet tooth craze not sure why but fruit hasn't been satisfying it unfortunately. I found these awesome snacks that are gluten free not that Im into only gluten free by no means they just happen to be gluten free, natural, and the list goes on about how good they are for you, straight up popcorn with drizzled dark chocolate, DELICIOUS! I also baked an organic pumpkin pie if anyone is interested I can post the recipe which is pretty straight forward and a pic, your typical pumpkin pie with a healthier twist to it about 157 calories per slice not too bad! Ran 4.5 miles today and enjoyed it, after I did some weight training and I think for next month I will focus more on weight training and trail running versus running outdoors/cardio at the gym. Im super duper excited because it's a short 4-day work week so tomorrow is my Friday woohooo! Not sure if I will workout tomorrow or just give the dog an extra walk aside from what my boyfriend does, we'll see how I feel I guess, might be my only day off from exercising since I will be doing a training run with team in training this Sunday! Checking out some books tomorrow either borrow a book from the library or purchase a book tomorrow, just finished "Running for Mortals" good book!

Anybody have any suggestions, Im looking for a more self-help book nothing specific but open to some suggestions ladies!

Hope everyone kicks some *kitten* and makes Thursday and awesome day, until tomorrow Good night! :bigsmile:
  • erialsea
    erialsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Where do I join the group?
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Where do I join the group?
    You just did! No need to join - This is just a thread where we post our goals and keep coming back to update everyone on our progress. It's super supportive and really a great way to stay accountable. We've been around longgg before the groups :blushing: So we're just keeping things rolling for now.

Post your goals for Nov and tag them onto the end of our growing goals list (can't re-post now for lack of time but perhaps someone else can assist?) then just rock out, work hard, and do your best every day to meet your targets and have a great month. Post back with your progress, questions, advise, or whatever else when you like. It's that simple!

Cynthia - recipes recipes recipes! Definitely post any recipe you try and love :bigsmile: I love to see what others are eating. I've heard great great things about New Rules of Lifting For Women - you may want to give that one a go! I just got Born to Run in the mail and when I get a chance to dig in, I'm going to do so! Life's been very hectic this week but hoping to find some time on the weekend...I'll keep ya posted!

Sorry ladies that's all the time I have today. Made it out for 30 mins at the gym this morning at 6am and heading into work now. Appointments all day and then going to get my hair "did" - ie. cut, washed and styled - tonight. It's been almost 6 months since my last cut :blushing: God the time flies! I couldn't get on last night due to a migraine and an incredible BAD mood syndrome, so that's why I'm so behind. Hoping to post and catch up some more later tonight or tomorrow. I'll be around!

Have a great day everyone! :heart:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    So, uh, are we being forced into making a "Group"? If we are, I can help out, but I probably won't be around every single day...

Jenae- Welcome! :flowerforyou: Good luck with your November goals! I love that you posted this: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." It's totally true! :smile:

Abby/Cynthia- I listen to a plethora of music haha. I love anything from singer/songwriters like Jason Mraz and Damien Rice to bands like U2, Coldplay and Incubus. I also have a soft spot for Indie bands and local Chicago bands. We have a great music scene here in Chicago, so I'm fortunate to be able to listen to great music right in my own backyard!

Amber- I'm actually going to SD to visit some friends. SD is like a second home to me. I'd love to move there one day if I ever get the chance!

Cynthia (again)- My manager is off again today, so I might just end up going to HR about it. The only problem with that is my manager always gets really mad when people go to HR instead of her. But the HR lady is way nicer. I'll keep you posted with what I decide to do!

Meag- I always slack with getting my hair cut, so don't feel bad. In fact, its been quite a few months for me as well. I'm trying to prolong it another week or two so it will still look decent for my trip, birthday, and the holidays. I definitely need it bad!
  • ambercanfly
    Options
    I can help with the official "group" if needed. I have some really slow days at work where I'm on here a lot :-)
  • abby459
    Options
    I would be willing to make/help with a group too....looks like they may force us to!!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Lovelies! My week kinda went downhill which explains my absence from our thread but I’m back, still kickin’, and so ready to make this work!!

Amy – glad that you didn’t have court last week but hopefully your anxiety about the situation won’t creep up again. I am sure it would have been better to get it done and over with rather than prolonging it. I hope that your week is still going great!! And hope everything works out with getting that time off. Office politics suck!!

Cynthia – great job on your victory!! Keep em coming!! And that snack sounds yummy!! You know I have quite the sweet tooth myself. Where did you get it? And that pie sounds yummy!! My brother wants the Thanksgiving feast without all of the people and is hoping that my mom will send home some pies with my daughter. But I will not let my daughter fly home from Arizona with pies for him so I’m hoping to make an attempt at making pies this year.

Meag – I am so super happy that you are taking some time for yourself. And also super jealous that you’re going to NOLA. I have never been but it is definitely on my list of things to accomplish. I am pretty sure that you will have an amazing time.

Eleanore – must be nice to see your hard work paying off. Keep it up girly!!

Abby – your trip sounds like so much fun!! And great that you have something extra to motivate you!!

Amber – where in Cali are you? I live in Orange County.

I can attempt to help with the group situation as well. Would keep me motivated to get on here more often.

AFM…despite being super tired the other night, I still ended up getting a workout in. It wasn’t my usual Turbo Jam but went for a mellower Yoga Booty Ballet. Still got me glowing and moving so I’m good with that. However, food choices have been anything less than stellar the last few days. I’m thinking of doing some extra cooking this weekend while I’m home so that I will have good meals throughout the week and won’t have to worry about not having time to make them. I should probably start my grocery list tonight and pull coupons so that I’m prepared.

Quote of the day - Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?
  • ambercanfly
    Options

Amber – where in Cali are you? I live in Orange County.

I can attempt to help with the group situation as well. Would keep me motivated to get on here more often.

AFM…despite being super tired the other night, I still ended up getting a workout in. It wasn’t my usual Turbo Jam but went for a mellower Yoga Booty Ballet. Still got me glowing and moving so I’m good with that. However, food choices have been anything less than stellar the last few days. I’m thinking of doing some extra cooking this weekend while I’m home so that I will have good meals throughout the week and won’t have to worry about not having time to make them. I should probably start my grocery list tonight and pull coupons so that I’m prepared.

Quote of the day - Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

I live in La Verne! Not too far from you then :-)

Great job getting in a workout despite feeling exhausted. I'm battling that right now. I just want to go home and sleep!
  • abby459
    Options
    OK I made us into an official "group"....here is the link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/579-kicking-a-in-our-twenties
    Everyone join there!!

I posted our november goals underone thread and then I figure we can start a new thread for each month just like before.

Amber, Guam - since you voluteered to help too I added you both as moderators and with editing priviledges for the group....so you should both be able to edit things
    We need to find a picture too!!!
  • ambercanfly
    Options
    Everyone join there!!

I posted our november goals underone thread and then I figure we can start a new thread for each month just like before.

Amber, Guam - since you voluteered to help too I added you both as moderators and with editing priviledges for the group....so you should both be able to edit things

Awesome! Looks great!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Everyone join there!!

Awesome! Looks great!
    I didn't think they were forcing us at all...? But what's done is done! Here's hoping the group situation works out. Sad to see these threads come to an end, if they do. I have loved them and I admit, I'm a little disappointed, but alas. :ohwell: It will all work out in the end.

Thanks to those who have offered to help :flowerforyou: See you on the other side!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's too soon but I like the thread way better!! Hoping it works out though!! Feel to impersonal!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I'm keeping an open mind :) I just hope we don't get WAYYYY too many members joining and not keeping up. The good thing about the thread is that people drop off every month...

Can we nix people from the group? Just wondering...