Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - November Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

WOW this post just took off so many new people it's awesome! Welcome everybody this thread is awesome I look forward to reading everyones post and glad I joined, these past few months have been better with more accountability for sure!

Bethany I agree a piece or two is enough I do plan on having one or two tomorrow since I didn't today!! :smile: I also make dinner and make an extra serving for the boyfriend and I, it makes it way easier to have lunch prepared and packed the night before since mornings can be a little crazy! if you have some salad I'd definitely add protein like meag said and maybe some fruit, cheese or nuts or all of the above! You definitely don't want to waste food mac n cheese is delish too, maybe even adding some broccoli or asparagus or ground turkey in it to make it healthier is also something you can try!

Megan Thanks I keep hearing about this adrenaline thing people get when they race, so I definitely don't want to get ahead of my self, i think i'm just nervous but I'll be fine and like you said the adrenaline will help push. Congrats on helping out your student that's awesome i used to also tutor up until i got a new job earlier this year, it is definitely rewarding! I think you will do just fine especially since you have already ran a 10k, just get out there even if it's on the dreaded treadmill man I hate that thing sometimes, at least until you purchase some new gear! Slowly but surely you will get back to your routine don't be discouraged! :happy:

Meag I think you're onto something, actually your right I do think it's because real runners don't walk lol! It's not embarrassment but more so pride because I can usually jog with out really walking at all and Im more so nervous of twisting my ankle, not finding a comfy rhythm but I don't know what the weather will be like and I will listen to my body for sure I was just hoping that I can run it all however long it takes since I don't know my exact speed outdoors! but mostly I need to remember that a year from today was a 180 and sometimes we forget how far we have come along since it has been many baby steps! :smile: Enjoy your sushi! TGIF!!!

Jennelle Thanks for the nutrition info and the 30 day challenge going to check it out! :smile:

AFM I woke up early to hit the hill and bike with the pops it was a success but i felt nauseous which i usually never feel i think i got up to soon headed out the door too fast since I didn't want to be late that i was literally half asleep plus it didn't help that I slept like under 5 hours which is horrible! I had a good day I finally got some great running shoes my other ones had cut my ankles even with good running socks and band aids so the new ones are much better so far! had a healthy day for the most part with lots of fruit and water intake! I made a healthy lunch for tomorrow and plan on running either in the early am which Im not looking forward to or run after work which sounds better since I get to sleep in, but sucks when work is over and Im thinking $*** I should've went in the am so i will set my alarm and see how I feel but either way it's getting done even with the rain! SV for me today was I weighed in @ 128 which means a lb away from my 50 lb loss for the year! it's crazy how one can lose weight but mentally still feel overweight and literally feel and see something different need to work on my body image and esteem for that matter, anybody else going through this or have gone through this??? Hope everyone makes tomorrow a great day FINALLY Friday!! oh yea! :bigsmile: Oh man for a minute there I thought I lost this post lol Good night ladies!
  • Rosa137
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just started MFP a couple of days ago, so I think this is a great way for me to start! My overall goal is quite high, I'm at my highest weight now at ~210 lbs. I plan on starting slow, because I've tried in the past to lose weight and jumped right into it, trying to change my diet, exercising every day, and I found that I lost momentum very quickly, and frankly just wore myself out! But I'm tired of hating myself and I'm ready to start making changes in my lifestyle so that I can live a fulfilling life. Plus, for once in my life, I want to walk into a room and have heads turn because I look so damn good! Hope to get to know you all over the next month, and good luck!

miss_amy- lose 7lbs (i'll be happy with 5-6, but 7 or more would be ideal!), LOG EVERYTHING & work out 5-6x a week
    abby459- Goals for November: I want to focus less on the scale....I still have the goal of being under 140 by the end of Nov. But I want to set some non-weight goals to focus on. I plan to continue my p90x and running hybrid program. I want to be able to run for 60mins without walking!! I want to eat at least 4-5 fruits/veggies a day. I want to stay in my calorie range everyday this month! And I want to drink at least 100oz of water a day!!
    GreenHumanClay: Continue working out 5-6xs per week (running 4xs) since I'm increasing distance 4xs is plenty, increase running to 8 miles, run a 10k, hydrate well, lose 3-5lbs, continue zig zagging and weight training 2xs per week!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Finish my 15k training plan since the race is Dec 3, be concious of the food I am eating and make healthy choices, maintain my weight
    meagalayne- not log more than 5 days for the month (eat well and intuitively), continue an effort to get 2x lunch breaks a week, more water, sleep and more reading (mental and emotional health win!), and work on enjoying every single working - getting back to basics!
    jyopchick- stay on the I-Diet exactly for three weeks (as promised), drink at least 6oz of water every day, take a vitamin every day, lose 8lbs by December 1st!
    eleanoreb- strike a balance between logging obbsessively/not logging, and to kick up my workouts, try new things and just have fun with it
    softballash525- 1. Log as accurately as possible every day. 2. Drink water, think about what I'm eating, then eat. 3. Work out 40 minutes/day. 4. Eat what I want, but stay under calorie goal/day. Scale goal: 6 pounds by 11/30
    annacataldo- excercise everyday or at least 6days a week. weigh 225 (to meet my 100lbs lost goal by thanksgiving). more clean foods; less eating out (if not at all), no treats (Even if i have the calories)
    GuamGrly (Bethany) – lose 5 pounds, drink 64oz of water per day, eat out no more than once per week, workout 3x per week, increase fruit and veggie consumption. NSG – read one book!! (Thanks Meag)
    lalonmeg000 (meghan)- drink 2 nalgene bottles of water daily (64 oz), by the end of the month I would like to run a solid mile no stopping
    emdavid - to drop 6 lbs, but to NOT focus all of my success on the scale; to drop 2% body fat at least; to squeeze an extra day a week into the gym when possible; to jog/run for 10 mins non stop; and finally, to continue to work on beautifying my soul, as well as my body! :D
    OopsieDaezie ~ Lose 3 pounds; Run a 5k at a 6.0 mph pace or better.
    KoriBarry - Do something physical each and everyday...lose 2 lbs per week.
    b00b0084~ Stay within my 1800 calorie limit for the day, start walking 5x a week, and give up my pop!
    AmberCanFly- Exercise for 2000 minutes (last month was 1832 minutes- almost!), no more fried food, drink 64oz of water a day, no TV during the week, running for 1 mile without stopping, and most importantly not stepping on the scale!
    Rosa137- Lose at least 5 lbs, start cooking or making meals at home at least 3 times a week, start eating breakfast at least 3 times a week.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Rosa - Welcome! :flowerforyou: Learning to *love* food and cooking was one of my biggest "keys" to success. When I first started losing weight I took up cooking as a full time hobby. Learning to make healthy, home-cooked meals helped me improve my diet and feel good about enjoying food instead of making it the enemy. Now? I'm an absolutely foodaholic! And with my running and exercise regime, it's even OK to indulge now and then and make something not-quite-so-healthy (and just have one serving of it, of course :wink: ). Home cooking is really the easiest way to get a handle on this whole healthy lifestyle thing so kudos and fabulous goals. Can't wait to get to know you as well!

** We should all get back to posting new recipes we try, whenever possible! See below for my most recent "test" - Quick pumpkin cornbread for ONE! :bigsmile:

Cynthia - Sounds like you've got a great plan. I know that once I got over the whole pride thing, I started factoring measured walking breaks into my runs (I do 9:1 run/walk intervals on long runs over 8-10 miles) and I stop to walk no matter how I feel. It's doesn't knock my pride one bit. It's akin to getting a really good bargain on something most people would usually splurge on - Some people are embarrassed by their frugality, while I am usually quite thrilled with my bargain hunting skills and want to tell everyone what a smart shopper I am. If it works and it improves your overall race and time, and makes you feel good, then it's not only OK but it's something to be proud of ! I walk because it makes me a better runner. And that makes me a SMART runner, IMO. It's not for everyone but I do what works for me. As long as you're doing the same, then who gives a damn what everyone else thinks! :happy:

AFM - Thank GOD it's Friday!

What a long long week. Today I am committed to being positive, happy and productive. I'm going to actually try and treat myself to some shopping tonight. I am still in need of boots and my wardrobe is really just not sufficient for the colder months ahead. I have so little to wear right now it's scary. People at work might start thinking I am sleeping in my car... Last night I signed up for the 91st Annual 10 Mile Boxing Day Race. I did the same race last year in the bitter, bitter cold and finished in 1:44 mins and change. I know for a fact that I can totally obliterate my time this year and so I am really pumped to run it. Just have to get back to training soon and really push myself to run well and smart. I've got another race coming up next weekend - an 8K - which is also a race I ran last year. Can't wait to see how my time improves! :bigsmile: It's great now that I've been at this for over a year and can start running the same courses again to see what a difference a year makes.

Alright-y folks. Hoping y'all have a great day. Planning a sushi lunch and easy night. Hope to make this weekend fabulous with lots of unplanned, social exercise, and a long run on Saturday. Otherwise just going to go with the flow! My journey un-logging continues...

OH - And btw, lost 0.9lbs this week. Just sayin :wink: It's a good thing too because I had fluctuated up 1.3lbs over the previous 2 weeks. Our bodies do some crazy crazy things....

Quick Pumpkin Cornbread (baked in the microwave!) - serves 1

3T corn flour
    1T corn meal (med/coarse grind)
    1T buckwheat or other GF flour
    3T pure pumpkin
    1/4 almond milk
    1/2T ground flax
    1/2T maple syrup
    spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice or pumpkin spice
    1/4t baking powder

Combine all ingredients (I mix wet and dry separately then combine) and spoon into a greased/sprayed microwave safe ramekin. Nuke on HIGH for 100-120 seconds. Pop our and enjoy! I topped mine with a little maple syrup but you can do whatever you like with it!
    Recipe source: http://edibleperspective.com/2011/10/winter-wonderland-quick-pumpkin-cornbread/
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i only have a minute so i didn't get to read everyone's posts (but again welcome to even MORE newbies! it's great to have you!) :smile:

it's friday, the end of the week (or the beginning, depending on how you look at it :wink: ) so i hope everyone is ready to enjoy their weekend, get in some sweet exercise, relax and unwind! i've got a lot to do today myself but i'm looking forward to a relaxing night in with my man :love: my new job reschedule our wednesday night meeting (due to power outages) for sunday at 8:30am, which means tomorrow is my only completely free day - better enjoy it! :happy:

while i had the second i wanted to come on here and see if anyone was interested in being part of an accountability program for the next two months, to help keep you focused through the holidays. of course this thread IS an accountability group, but i also just finished my fall bootcamp accountability challenge (7.2lbs lost in 8 weeks - not my best but still progress!) and am going to be starting another one this FRIDAY NOVEMBER 11TH. it's a great program - if you are eating well and exercise you don't have to change anything you are doing - it's just a way to keep track of it all and get "points" for what you do - it's a silly way to have pretend competition and motivate each other! anyway, if you're at all interested and want to learn more, check out the deets here - http://bootcamp-accountability-program.blogspot.com/

have a kick *kitten* friday everyone!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Right now I am just watching what I am eating and take a few short walks a week. I recently gained 20 pounds and when I walk it kills my hips and my left ankle and calf hurt (all within 15 minutes of a steady pace) But once I sit down for about 5 minutes the pain goes away. I hope within eatting better the weight will trickle off and take the pain with it!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Emily- I totally understand what being sick takes out of you. Don’t stress about your run and I’m sure you will do great. Even if all you do is get out there and finish it, walking or running, is a great accomplishment

Emdavid- 10 mins nonstop of running is amazing! Have you been adding in intervals of running and walking to help your workout go for longer? Something you might want to try

Abby- I am so excited for you and your half marathon! I think that is one of my future goals- we will see how this 15k goes and if I have the guts to do a half. I don’t think I would ever do a full marathon, but then again you never know…

Stephabee- welcome! I like your goals, however I would suggest that instead of staying under you cal allowance each day your goal should be to hit exactly you cal allowance for each day. Just a thought.

Jennelle- A jewelry party sounds like so much fun! And you already have a workout in- you are kicking butt that is for sure!

Kori- Weclome to the group! Its never to late to join! We have a lot of ladies with crazy busy schedules who can give you tips on the best ways to fit in the workout. But I totally feel ya on coming up with excuses- its always easier to convince yourself not to do it than it is to do it!

B00b0084- welcome to the group! Love the goals, especially giving up soda- you will be surprised at how much not drinking soda will help your weight loss.

Amber- Welcome to the group! I love your no scale goal- I did that a few months ago and it really helped me to refocus on the overall process and not just dropping the lbs.

Amy- I know you are under a ton of stress this week, but you can power through it! And today is Friday so that means today has to be awesome!

Bethany- Your pizza sounded like the best choice for where you went. And isn’t that half the battle, picking the right things even when it is so easy to pick something bad!

Meag- I am so glad to hear that you are making great efforts to take a lunch break. Its important that you still put yourself first even at work. Sometimes its almost impossible, I totally get that cause I am guilty of it as well, but it will improve your happiness.

Cynthia- I totally feel ya with the body image thing. I am also just a lb away from 50 lbs but I still see that I want to drop 36 more and I still doubt myself, but I think that it just takes positive self talk to get us to the better place. But it definitely is really hard when all we are used to doing is being negative.

Rosa- Welcome! Eating breakfast and cooking at home are great goals and things that will really help with your journey!

AFM- This weekend will involve some house cleaning and painting to get ready for the in-laws along with some cold gear shopping. And no matter what I am going for a run of some kind for however long I feel I can run for. It has to happen!!!! Hope you ladies have a great Friday!!!

Megan
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Lovelies!! We are having a gloomy, rainy day here in So Cal!

Meag – glad that you are able to just sit back and not worry about responding to everyone. Say what you feel you need to say and be on with it. I am fairly sure that you won’t be hurting everyone’s feelings by not responding to them. And I’m glad that you were finally able to have some good quality “us” time with Tyler. Your chores will always be there waiting for you. And I’m sure he appreciated you taking the initiative to invite him over and make him dinner. About your vacation, when are you planning it for? Arizona is still nice and warm this time of year. We are starting to get cooler weather here in southern Cali but still much warmer than where you’re at. And my salad-for-dinner-leftovers-for-lunch thingy was so that I wouldn’t be eating such a huge meal at night but can eat it during the day. I’m not a fan of leftovers but am willing to make it work. And I’m hoping to throw in some chicken, nuts, fruit, and veggies into my salads.

Cynthia – my goal for one or two pieces didn’t work out very well yesterday. I started with a few and then kept finding all of the different ones that I like. The plan is to not touch any of the candy today. Also because I have homemade pumpkin empanadas in the fridge waiting for me. I will have to try your mac and cheese additions. I try to keep at least one box in the house for busy nights and to give the kids some “kid-friendly” food every once in a while.

Emily – great job on the run! I can’t wait til I have time to get running again.

AFM…I feel as though a cold is sneaking up on me. I have been drinking my tea and had soup for lunch so I hope that I can send it on its way sooner rather than later. Hoping to try out a new Turbo Jam workout tonight. And then I will be making pizzas with the kids and cuddling up for a movie. Going out tomorrow night for a friend’s birthday but I’m only taking a limited amount of cash and driving myself so that I don’t drink myself stupid. And I also want to go visit the new boy since I won’t have the kiddos. We shall see!

Quote of the day – “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts; therefore guard accordingly.” Marcus Aurelius
  • b00b0084
    Options
    Im having a hard time with the pop thing though. The tap water where I live tastes like liquid metal so I add Mio and Crystal Light to it, but I ran out so the only thing for me to drink is my Dads Cokes :(
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Megan Congrats on your loss and you definitely can do it don't give up, plus you have extra motivation since your husband will be doing it for himself and for the baby. I noticed though once getting closer to the goal weight, the pounds do not drop as fast or as easy compared to the beginning. When we are used to negative thinking it doesn't matter how fit you are if your mental image is distorted I think one can feel they are never good enough! I'm trying to find that place right now where I can be nicer and more loving to myself, it's weird to know it's easier to be nicer to someone else yet bash one self, Im a work in progress. I am definitely learning a lot about myself through losing the weight and eating better in some many aspects of my life it's crazy!

Bethany That's a good idea to have the Mac n cheese for busy nights. I actually had some pumpkin bread today pretty dense and high calorie but super delish and it didn't put me over the calories so Im good! Enjoy your empanadas I love any kind of empanada! :wink:

Emily Congrats on your NSV your on a roll good for you! Keep at it with the running your race will be soon and let us know how the push up program turns out I need to work on upper body strength myself. Comparing pictures is a great way to see the difference I think once I get to my goal weight I might, might post before and after photos if Im brave enough! :tongue:

AFM I ran after work, did a trail run with some incline and timed myself since i wash;t sure how long a mile takes me and it was AWESOME then I decided to walk around the lake listen to some music and chill out, I plan on doing this every Friday alone from now on, having my friend be unable to run with me today was actually what I needed, a solo run, plus I downloaded some great music so I could've kept walking to just listen to that. I did not want to run too much since I plan on having a longer run tomorrow morning with my friend, our usual Saturday thing then coffee afterwards I look forward to that! My new shoes are great and they happen to be cute too which is a huge plus and finally got some good running socks and boy socks do make a difference! Had a so so healthy day had some pumpkin bread that was delicious but did eat my fruits and veggies so it balances out! I have a chill weekend ahead besides the usual dog training on the weekends, errands and cleaning it will be pretty chill and maybe if the BF and I feel like we can finally watch Paranormal Activity since last weekend was waaay to hectic to fit that in. That's all for me ladies hope everyone had a fabulous day make this weekend great! Good night ladies and don't forget to change your clocks Sunday morning we earn an hour woohooo! :bigsmile:
  • Rosa137
    Options
    b00b0084- Have you tried one a Brita filter? I don't know about where you live, but here in SC you can get one of those pitchers for about $20 and keep it in the fridge so it stays chilly. I love them! Then you won't have to add the extra stuff as much, either.
  • Donettem
    Options
    New to the sire. I joined about a month and a half ago. I have lost 9 PDS. The previous month and seeking to lose probably 5-10 more and then maintain it through healthy eating and exercising (mostly running and walking and a little body resistance training). Recently got a trial membership to a gym but it's def not the one for me but going to try a few more maybe in the coming weeks. I really enjoy being outside so I don't know if I'll ever join a gym. Outside is much more motivating and cheaper. Eating well is becoming much easier with time. It's amazing the amount a person can eat without thinking about it. Anyways, look forward to motivating and being motivated :)
  • Donettem
    Options
    By the way does anyone own or know anything about the sketcher shape up shoes that have the round bottom on the heal and toe (has a heart design on bottom). Was thinking about gifting them for myself for Xmas :) thanks for any feedback.
  • b00b0084
    Options
    b00b0084- Have you tried one a Brita filter? I don't know about where you live, but here in SC you can get one of those pitchers for about $20 and keep it in the fridge so it stays chilly. I love them! Then you won't have to add the extra stuff as much, either.
    I hav considered getting one, but with no money I cant right now. I live in Ohio and the closer I get to Cincinnati the worse the water tastes. When I lived in the country the water tasted good. But I do want to get one.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Good morning ladies and happy Saturday! Slept in today until 930am (apart from getting up at 730am to walk the dog before going back to bed) and am planning a long run this afternoon once it warms up a little. It's supposed to go up to 9C today but it's sitting around the freezing mark right now and that's just not of any interest to me at all... Instead Im planning on spending my morning with Ty going out for a bit and then giving the pooch a much needed bath, finally cleaning my carpets at home, and then eventually hitting the road.
    By the way does anyone own or know anything about the sketcher shape up shoes that have the round bottom on the heal and toe (has a heart design on bottom). Was thinking about gifting them for myself for Xmas :) thanks for any feedback.
    Yes - I've done quite a bit of reading about them and I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that they are totally worthless - Sorry to burst your bubble! Instead of spending money on those buy a really good pair of runners and just get out there walking/running. If you want more information on them google "Shape-ups research" or check out the threads here. My $0.02 - don't waste your money!

Welcome, btw, to the newbs since my last post! It's great to see you all here :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday. I'm planning to make some maple pumpkin quinoa granola today as well so if it turns out, I'll be posting that recipe as well. Keep up all the hard work ladies :heart:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Meg- I totally could have used you a year ago for calc help lol also thank you for reminding me to roll back the clocks! I would have forgotten :)

Emily- hope you are feeling better, and I know you will kick but in the race! Like Abby said, adrenaline will kick in and push you through :) And we are so glad you are here on this board! Thank you for always being so positive and energetic!

Abby- good luck starting your 1/2 marathon trainging! I have a friend that is about to run one on the 11th for 11/11/11, I am very impressed with y'all!

jyopchick- yay for early starts! I love it when you can get so much accomplished, makes you feel impowered to do anything!

bethany- thanks I will check it out tomorrow. The ab challenge isn't super complicated, but I could tell a difference after about a week...then I got side tracked with a research paper and didn't finish lol (starting that back this week). But essentailly you do 25 crunches 8 different ways and then a 25 sec plank hold. The ways you do them 1) normal 2) knees slightlghy lower than normal 3) legs totally parallel with the ground 4) right knee up crunching to the right 5) left knee up crunching to the left 6) legs perpendicular to the ground; then 7 & 8 are on you right and left side, doing side crunches.

cynthia- what running shoes did you end up getting? And yes I know what you mean about still feeling down about our bodies. I know that when I get that way I have to change my mind set and fast otherwise I get into an obsessive rut. I try to compliment myself (not personality) something on my body like today...wow I feel huge..but I could zip up my jeans that didn't zip 3 weeks ago! Hang in there, you have come so far! 50lbs woo hoo!!!

meag- totally trying that cornbread recipe for my thanksgiving tailgate! And the 10k will be a blast especially since you did the same one last year! It will be really exciting to see how your time has improved. Hope you are getting some rest this weekend!!!

booboo- I agree with Rosa, I know my apartment water sucks too, but that really helps! I think I paid like $20 for mine at target. I didnt get the faucet filter because they pop off really easy, but I like my brita. For now though at a lemon slice or 2 to your water, i also do that just to get some flavor in it

ASF: I woke up today, with no laundry clean...so I got in my closet and MADE myself try on a pair of jeans that I have so desperatly wanted to wear, but couldn't get them to button after I bought them THEY BUTTTONNEEEDDDDDD OMMGGG!!!!!! So I wore them today :)

Idk how I ate today, I am trying to get off the obssesion I have with logging and just make healthy choices. I know how to eat...I have been logging in my own little journal for over a year. I get sometimes to the point where even 50 cals over and it ruins my entire day. So I am attempting to make healthy choices without the log to back me up. We will see how long it last...it helps I still haven't fixed my iphone lol bittersweet.

I have a lot of projects due this week and rehersals for dance, but I will try to post a few days this week. Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend!

-meghan
  • Mommiebish
    Mommiebish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    abby459- see 140lbs on the scale, finish 5K race without walking and under 30mins, aim to run 5miles without walking
    meagalayne- drink more water than I did in September, continue to increase core strength, trail run and spin each at least once a week, and take a proper lunch break at work twice a week (ie: don't kill yourself working 9 hours straight)
    Lalonmeg (meghan)- start back with the c25k program! Keep eating breakfast or at least pack something to go, cut back on the coffee intake. Try and wake up at similar time even days I don't open for work to keep a normal sleep schedule
    Imarunner8908- Workout 2-3 days a week, continue tracking, WATER WATER WATER!
    Leela30 - get back to the measurements I had in April - losing an inch almost everywhere
    Mkingraham- keep up the 15k training program, stretch for ten minutes every evening, reprioritize strength training
    stephabee- get into the lower 130s, start run the running group 2 a week, track food and exercise
    miss_amy- lose 7-8lbs (or at least 5-6), log food every day & work out 5 days a week for at least 45 mins to an hour
    HelloKayla- make it to 130, drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, and work out at least 5 days a week!
    theperfectratio-155 on the scale, drop 1-2 inches around the waist, run 3 miles w/o stopping. Eat CLEAN.
    jyopchick - follow my bootcamp program all the way through the 8 weeks, continue to work out at least 6 days a week, with as many DOUBLE "LCWs" (last chance workouts) as i can squeeze, and a 4lb weight loss by the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay-Workout 5-6xs/per week with 4-5 of those workouts including running, increase my running distance to 7 miles non-stop, 2 5k's, consume more h20, and lose 3-5lbs and continue zig-zagging.
    Traverlerkate drink LOTS more water, incorporate more fruits and veggies, and hit the gym at least 3 times a week
    MissGolightly727(Emily) - Run 3 times per week with weight training after. Get the scale under 170. Run 2 miles without stopping/walking. Continue with no carbonated drinks plan!
    Mommiebish (Ashley) - Zumba every week, and walk/run on the treadmill 2x a week. I would like to lose 6pounds in November, weight goal of 164.

I think i did this right??
  • Lozzy_86
    Options
    I am in!!!

abby459- see 140lbs on the scale, finish 5K race without walking and under 30mins, aim to run 5miles without walking

meagalayne- drink more water than I did in September, continue to increase core strength, trail run and spin each at least once a week, and take a proper lunch break at work twice a week (ie: don't kill yourself working 9 hours straight)

Lalonmeg (meghan)- start back with the c25k program! Keep eating breakfast or at least pack something to go, cut back on the coffee intake. Try and wake up at similar time even days I don't open for work to keep a normal sleep schedule

Imarunner8908- Workout 2-3 days a week, continue tracking, WATER WATER WATER!

Leela30 - get back to the measurements I had in April - losing an inch almost everywhere

Mkingraham- keep up the 15k training program, stretch for ten minutes every evening, reprioritize strength training

stephabee- get into the lower 130s, start run the running group 2 a week, track food and exercise

miss_amy- lose 7-8lbs (or at least 5-6), log food every day & work out 5 days a week for at least 45 mins to an hour

HelloKayla- make it to 130, drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, and work out at least 5 days a week!

theperfectratio-155 on the scale, drop 1-2 inches around the waist, run 3 miles w/o stopping. Eat CLEAN.

jyopchick - follow my bootcamp program all the way through the 8 weeks, continue to work out at least 6 days a week, with as many DOUBLE "LCWs" (last chance workouts) as i can squeeze, and a 4lb weight loss by the end of the month.

GreenHumanClay-Workout 5-6xs/per week with 4-5 of those workouts including running, increase my running distance to 7 miles non-stop, 2 5k's, consume more h20, and lose 3-5lbs and continue zig-zagging.

Traverlerkate drink LOTS more water, incorporate more fruits and veggies, and hit the gym at least 3 times a week

MissGolightly727(Emily) - Run 3 times per week with weight training after. Get the scale under 170. Run 2 miles without stopping/walking. Continue with no carbonated drinks plan!

Mommiebish (Ashley) - Zumba every week, and walk/run on the treadmill 2x a week. I would like to lose 6pounds in November, weight goal of 164.

Lozzy_86 (Lauren) - Get under the 100kg Mark (220lbs), Currently at 107kg, be able to last 15min on the cross-trainer before the asthma kicks in, drink more water, hit the gym min 3 times a week. Other that, I have a dress on layby that fits ok, but not nice. I am aiming to fit it when I get it out of layby in 4 weeks :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    You both did it right! :bigsmile: Welcome!

I have a busy day planned today including a very exciting trip to the Oriental market in Mississauga. Yay for Korean groceries! :blushing: Love me some Korean food, that's for sure!

How's everyone else doing this weekend?
  • shelbyhi
    Options
    I am new to MFP, and I have had some success in the past with keeping a food diary so I decided to join MFP. I also am definitely in for this challenge if I'm not too late. Having other people trying to achieve similar goals is a great way to stay motivated. Just a little bit about me, I am 23 years old and am a grad student, living in North Carolina. My goals for this month are:
    -log my calories everyday
    -drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    -exercise everyday, even if it is just doing jumping jacks in my apartment
    -make the smart choices when I eat out
    -be under 145 lbs by the end of the month
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

hope you're all having a great weekend! i have had a very productive weekend, and am getting ready to relax and be a sloth on the couch for once ;) i was up at 5:30 to workout before a meeting that was rescheduled for 8:30 this morning!

how did all the runners do this weekend? i can definitely tell that the temperature is dropping, but its SO pretty out there! :)

i have no complaints on my front! my meal program is going great, exercise is going great, a whole foods market opened down the street from me this week and ive already been there twice this weekend! i am way more excited about buying food at whole foods than i am about buying new clothes! haha! maybe it's because november is my month to really focus on nutrition, or maybe it's just because there's something magical about whole foods! :)

anyway, i am exhausted and i don't feel like looking at my computer right now :) sorry for the lack of personal responses right now - hopefully i will have more useful things to say tomorrow ;)

also, if you're interested in some extra accountability for the next two months - don't forget to check out our challenge!
    http://bootcamp-accountability-program.blogspot.com/