WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER

Options
[img][/img]1127168qo8basv9g8.gif

This is a thread for women who are looking to change their lives through weight loss and new habits and attitudes. The title says “Women Ages 50+” but all women are welcome.

:flowerforyou: We have started a new thread on the first of the month every month since I started here in February 2009 and each month we have reflected on our goals from last month and set new goals for the new month. Some of us set weight loss goals and others set goals for new behaviors and attitudes.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals for October? What goals have you set for November?

:flowerforyou: We are in a new month that begins a season of holidays that may inspire or discourage our healthy eating and exercise. I hope we can all find a way to make the changes we desire.

:flowerforyou: In the US, November is the month for Thanksgiving. I write in a gratitude journal every morning so being thankful is a way of life for me……in November, it is even more significant. My friends on MFP are frequently part of my gratitude list.

:flowerforyou: It’s a new page on the calendar and a new opportunity to change your life………let’s go.

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'm Nita. I'm 53yo. Started my journey on Sep 9, 2011. So far I've lost 15 lbs. I have a long way to go but I'm going to get there. I already feel better. If 15lbs can make a difference imagine what 68 lbs more will do!

I joined November move your a** challenge. I intend to walk a minimum of 50 miles.

Today I reached in the back of my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in over a year. They fit! I didn't even have to struggle to zip them! I don't know what size they are because the size tag has faded. I don't care what size they are. I'm thrilled to be wearing something I couldn't even get zipped prior to Sep 9th!

I plan on trying to be more consistent with my water and vegetable intake.

Good luck everyone in reaching your Nov. goals!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you ladies, I am 48 and a mom to 7, only 3 still at home and i have 5 grandkids. I started my weight loss journey july 2010 and have lost 88 lbs I would like to lose another 12 lbs, so I can make it to my goal of 100lbs then I will decide if I want to lose more or work on maintaining. i dont want to yoyo diet anymore so I dont want to lose so much that i can't maintain it. I really want to concentrate on firming up now that I am so close to goal. So for now I want to add more strength training into my workouts
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    X marks my spot for later. Happy November my friends! x
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Happy 1st november friends:heart:

This would have been my mothers 80th birthday today (she died from cancer 2 years ago:cry: )..... so lots to be thinking about and to be grateful for .... I love the idea of your gratitude journal barbie!

I am grateful to have found this MFP site and particularly this thread.... I have already benefitted very much from the support and motivation here.:bigsmile:

Although I had the wobbles a bit during October I now realise that in fact I have achieved some goals.... I started exercising regularly, including running (well more like a shuffle but I'm getting there).... I am making some good and healthy choices with my food (I've strayed a few times but have not given up and back on track).... and the scales did in fact go down ....not as much as I was hoping.... but I AM grateful for what I have achieved.

My goals for November are: to DRINK MORE WATER:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ..... I don't mind drinking it but often find I have just forgotten and then its hard to catch up.... I even keep water with me all the time but again I just forget sometimes... so I really want to aim to drink at least 8 glasses a day. TO KEEP RUNNING.... I should be on second last week of C25K by the end of November and almost able to jog 5K. TO FIT INTO MY VERY TIGHT BLACK PANTS.... I do fit into them now but only just.... they are very tight and look awful.... but I refuse to buy bigger ones.

Welcome to the newcomers.... you will love it here.:flowerforyou:

Lisa:heart:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone :heart: Welcome to all newcomers

Marking my spot for later and thinking of goals for November. Lost my way a little in October and didn't even have goals to aim for I was that discouraged!

November is a new month, time to dust myself off, pick myself up and get back on the journey. No one said it would be easy.

:heart: Barbie thanks for starting the new thread, I always look forward to your first post of the month.

Have a good day my friends.

Viv xx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Didn't quite make my step goal.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie starting us each month. You are right we all should look at what we have
    To be grateful for. Not what we don't have. I've come to the conclusion that I have way to much
    stuff. Been going through some things asking myself do I need it. It's amazing how much I
    don't need. Stuff hasn't brought me any happiness. Family, friends is where my happiness
    is.
    Best wishes to everyone in November
    Joyce
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nita! Congrats on your "gain" so far. Doesn't it feel so good when clothes you had suddenly fit. My problem is that by the time I can get them to where they fit, they are usually out of style....lol

I certainly kept within my calories yesterday, but had a 3 Musketeers bar, as expected today I'm showing a slight gain from the Wii. Why do I do this to myself? We had leftover candy and Vince commented how obsessed I was with returning the unused candy. That's right, I certainly don't need it in the house calling to me. Right now it's in the trunk.

Welcome themommie!

Going to post this so that I mark my spot. See, I told you that taking that decongestant meant that I would be up at all hours of the morning.

Going to do the bosu workout today, tomorrow am planning on going to the deep water class. The lady who took in my pants outfit should be bringing it back to me. What I really should do today is go to the bank and get money. I was going to get pizzas for Vince yesterday, but this place doesn't take credit cards, and I don't even know if my cards are debit cards, I doubt it. I've tried hard not to have a debit card since I would probably forget to put it into the check register. So I put back the pizzas.

I always looks forward to seeing your animations/pictures (welcome, etc) barbie. Thanks for doing this. It brightens up my day when I log in and there's such a cute "welcome" waiting for me.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Michele
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou: Hoping now that the cold weather is coming I'll have more time to read the posts. If not, I'm always thinking about my MFP friends. :smile:
  • rmsnipes
    rmsnipes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group....I'm 52 and just want to take off some extra weight that has crept on with the menopause symptoms. It's nice to have a group of women my age to share with.

My goal for November is to keep consistent with my logging on MFP, eating well and seeing results. Would like to see another 5lbs. lost by end of the month.

Look forward to getting to know each of you.

I too started keeping a gratitude journal about a month ago.....there are soooo many things to be thankful for!

Here's to the beginning a Great November

Ronna
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    thanks barbie for starting the new thread...marking my spot....:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NOVEMBER EVERYONE

Well, I did not make my ticker pass 160. HOWEVER November will be the month that it will happen you can count on it. :)

Do not have time to Read all of the post yet. I want to keep up with you all this time.

I will check in later when I finish my calorie and exercise log.

Kathy ( plantlady)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy November. This is when the tough challenges begin. The Holidays. The wine, the food, the treats and the weather that makes me want to cuddle up with a book. All not good things when you need to keep your butt moving and lose some weight. I will do my best.

this weekend I am off to Vegas for the baby shower. It still doesn't seem real that my baby is having a baby.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks Barbie, welcome to the newbies, hugs to those who have been here before.
    :huh: Back to ticker weight (just barely) but completely flopped on daily check-in so today is my fresh start.
    :tongue: Don't know how to say it but another goal is to let the fantasy image blurr til it fades away and be truly grateful for who and where I am now. One of the benifits of aging vision :laugh:

:heart: Thanks for all the reminders of what to be grateful for: not stuff ... but fun and memories and dear people like you all!
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for continuing the thread!:flowerforyou: I've been MIA but don't want to lose you guys!:wink: Happy November! A month to be grateful.:bigsmile: That is my goal. To try to continue this new walk but with an Attitude of Gratitude!
    God Bless:heart:
    BirdieM:heart::drinker: :heart:
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :flowerforyou:

I am Elaine and I am 52, (53 in a few weeks),

I only joined MFP today after searching online for how many calories in a Toby Carvery as my Dad takes me out once every couple of months or so and likes these the best, so I always try and select the healthiest food (although have an ice cream after as a treat)

Anyway I have a android app called Vida One Lifestyle Pro, which I bought a couple of weeks ago as I had previously used similar app from same ppl on my WM5 mobile phone....however despite it being a good program and having a journal which I liked most about the WM5 version, it is awkward to add the foods I mostly eat, ie Raw Vegan about 75% of the time and mostly vegatarian the rest with the odd bit of meat and fish once or twice a week at most.

I work shifts and these are the worse kind being currently on a 4 week cycle with a complete change of hours every 2-3 days making it tough on your body clock alone, & really hard to plan things also...

I think this site is fantastic and offers everything I have looked for before plus a fantastic android app and all FREE of charge which I find amazing in itself.

I tried spark people but couldnt get on with that for some reason, also in the past have joined various emotional eating forums/diet systems, and a couple of RAW vegan diet ones also....

But this is what I was looking for I think, a great and active forum, and brilliant way to add food and exercise (and ofc a droid app to keep the gadget side of me happy):bigsmile:

Hopefully in a week's time I will be reporting some kind of loss....:wink: ..is there a weigh in forum or do you just add it to your profile???

Anyway great to virtually meet you all, have sent a couple of invites to friends who are dieting on weight watchers but I think this is a great free resource which I will tell them about also :))

Best wishes and happy weight loss...:happy:

Elaine
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.:smile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Happy 1st november friends:heart:

This would have been my mothers 80th birthday today (she died from cancer 2 years ago:cry: )..... so lots to be thinking about and to be grateful for .... I love the idea of your gratitude journal barbie!

Lisa:heart:

Lisa - Today would have been my father's 84th birthday. He also died from cancer, but 12 years ago. I miss him every day, but I am very grateful to have had him in my life.

Elaine - Welcome! To answer your question, there really isn't an "official" weigh in unless you join a specific challenge thread. In this group, we just post how we are doing. Hope you enjoy us! Come back often so that we can get to know you! This welcome message is for you other newbies also, but I forgot to jot down your names. Sorry!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks so much for getting us started for the new month Barbie. You are very inspiring.
    this weekend I am off to Vegas for the baby shower. It still doesn't seem real that my baby is having a baby.

Robin, your baby is having a baby? Congratulations!! I must have missed if you had previously posted this.

My October did not result in any weight loss. Holding steady and likely will be doing just that for the next couple of months. That is my goal.

:heart: Rebel
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,761 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join? I'm Kathy, and I'll be 56 in a couple of weeks. I am relatively new to MFP and am very excited about it. I've lost 14 pounds since I started in August, but I have been working on losing weight for a good long time. Right now I am part of the Twilight Challenge.

I haven't decided what my goals for November should be. Lots is happening this month, and I just want to stay on track. I like the idea of a journal of what you are thankful for. When I was teaching, I had the students do a lot of this type of activity, but it doesn't happen so much now that I'm not in a classroom. So, goal one: remember to be thankful! :smile: