WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER

Options

Replies

• TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pam, it’s amazing how quickly candy calories add up!! Track and move one :bigsmile: .

Joyce, congrats on the size 12s, nice. :happy:

Jeannine, congrats on winning the iPad and the warm house.:flowerforyou:

Sally, good to hear the swelling is going down but sure hope they find out what is going on soon.

The thai food was very good and I ate a little bit less than planned. Today was tiring, played golf in record cold weather (for this date anyway) and wind. Soooo cold we ended the round after 15 holes. I think we must have been tensing up because both of us are stiff and sore right now, and it’s not like our first day out, lol. Now I think it is time for sleep, this is the hard part of the time change, that and the early darkness. Ah well, time to relax and plan some food for next week. Decided it’s back to grains and beans instead of salads, too cold for those things right now.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post. I am very busy, and still not feeling real great, so I have just skimmed your posts. By the way, if you remember MacMadame, she posted to us, but accidentally put it on the November 2010 thread. I sent her a message and hope she finds us.

I will be gone the next couple of days, and I can't wait. My daughter who lives in Kansas City has bought me a ticket to see PAUL SIMON tomorrow night!! I will be calling in sick to work for the next two days - don't tell on me! (Should be pretty convincing, since I have been so sick recently.) I think I will be driving in the rain, but plan to leave early in the day, as it may turn to snow here, and they only have rain forecast, so I want to get out of here before it gets colder and freezes. Anyway, I am sure that the concert will be wonderful.

Have a good week all!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post. I am very busy, and still not feeling real great, so I have just skimmed your posts. By the way, if you remember MacMadame, she posted to us, but accidentally put it on the November 2010 thread. I sent her a message and hope she finds us.

I will be gone the next couple of days, and I can't wait. My daughter who lives in Kansas City has bought me a ticket to see PAUL SIMON tomorrow night!! I will be calling in sick to work for the next two days - don't tell on me! (Should be pretty convincing, since I have been so sick recently.) I think I will be driving in the rain, but plan to leave early in the day, as it may turn to snow here, and they only have rain forecast, so I want to get out of here before it gets colder and freezes. Anyway, I am sure that the concert will be wonderful.

Have a good week all!

have a fantastic time.....:flowerforyou:
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

I have been away for days and boy, does it show - so far behind in posts, I don't even know where to start!!!

I was up north this weekend spending the weekend with my best friend/step sister as she was having a 60th surprise party for her husband and then I went to spend some time with my step mother. It was a good weekend.

I had my weigh in on Saturday and I lost 2 more lbs last week too, so I am so happy about that too and it gave me the incentive to stay on track through the party as well, which I did do :wink:

I sure hope that all of you that are feeling poorly can get well :flowerforyou:

For those of you that had losses; Yay :drinker:

To all the newcomers, there are so many, sorry, I will try to get to meet you shortly and hopefully we can become friends as well :smile:

I am staying on goal with the girls at work, we are still doing well together and I am determined to lose this time and so far, it seems to be working for me. I have lost over 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I sure wish it were possible to keep that up, wouldn't that be great, Ladies? :noway:

Anyway, I have to go and get myself orgainzed for tomorrow. So much to do. Hope you all are well.

Talk to you again soon and I will try not to be away so long :smile:

Love, Cathy xx
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Had a great weekend! Two sister-in-laws had a 100 year birthday celebration this past weekend. One sister-in-law turned 40 in October and the other sister-in-law will turn 60 at the end of November. It was a great party! We went up to Catskills on Saturday. Started out with appetizers at the house, went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, and then the group went to Club Helsinki to hear & dance to Sarah Jones. Afterwards, 10 of us went back to the house to sleep. On Sunday, we had a leisurely brunch, hiked, and easy car ride back to Brooklyn...A good weekend in gorgeous autumn foliage.

Changes of day light saving time is adjustment for my body and mind...Today, I was right on target with food and exercise. :laugh:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,351 Member
    Options
    Count me among those who look forward to the daily workout. I don't know what's up with me, but this a.m (Sat). when I went to do my yoga, I got so dizzy, that I didn't do it this morning. I'll try again and see how it goes. I like to get my workout in in the a.m. and get it over with, but I just couldn't today. Not sure how I'll feel tomorrow so I'm not planning anything at this time.

barbie - you eating sweet potato fries and tuna/cheddar melt really helps me to constantly remind myself that it really isn't necessary to be 100% perfect all the time. We're all human, even the mighty barbie has a tuna/cheddar melt (on occasion). Thank you for posting this, it really helps to read it knowing how good you are most of the time.

Faye - talking about your brother who is squeemish about blood, I have a cousin who when she was a teen was VERY squeemish about blood. She even had a hard time changing her menstrual pad. Know what she became when she got older? An OR nurse! Yup, the same gal who couldn't change her pad from her period! Zumba isn't for me, either. I'm so uncoordinated. I could probably do it if there was a class that was small, I'm talking 3 or 4 people. There used to be one at the Y near me, but because the class was so small (which I would have loved), they cancelled the class. And I was just about to try it, too! I know the one time I took it when the instructor said to go right, I went left, when she said to go left, I went right. Of course, I wound up bumping into people.

Joyce - congrats on wearing the size 12! Awesome!

Am starting to do some baking for Thanksgiving. I think I told you all that Jess wants to have Thanksgiving at her place, which is fine only she's working the day after (when we're going to go) which translates into mom does all the cooking etc in a strange kitchen. So I'm starting to get the cookies made and I'll freeze them. Now is the absolute worst time of the year for me. One thing I just can't resist is raw cookie dough. When the cookies are baked, then I have no problem leaving them alone. But the raw dough....THAT I have a problem with. I'm going to try to make not as many cookies as I have in the past.

Last night I had this DiGorno 200 calorie pizza. It was pretty good (and filling)

Jeannie - how wonderful that you won that iPad!

Didn't do any yoga this weekend (thought I might get some in Sunday but it really wasn't meant to be). Did go to the extremepump class today. Still a bit light headed, but took the class anyway. I'm planning on doing some HIIT tomorrow. Then I'll return the social box (has the plates, etc in it) so it can be refilled for the next social (which is the 19th), then go to mahjongg.

Mary - have a great time at the concert

Gonna go take a shower and then watch DWTS.

Have a great evening everyone!

Michele
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hellooo Ladies!

I hope you all had a good weekend! My Monday started w/my son calling to tell me his car had broken down. I was at work...and hadn't even finished reading my weekend emails. Four hours later, I finally made it back to work. But at least Patrick and I had a good cup of cappuccino (mine was light) while we were waiting for the tow truck. I love having coffee w/my boy :happy:

This is a quick check in...I have so much to do tonite....and I'm already exhausted.

Congrats to everyone who lost on the scales!

Mary....Have a great time at the concert! We won't rat you out!

79Smudge....Welcome!

Jeannie.....Isn't it wonderful to win something? Only good and positive things for you from now on!:drinker: I love mac, too. I am an apple. They are soooo user friendly and I've never had a virus or any problems w/my macs...work n home.

Sally....Hopefully by now, you have your husband's results. If it is gout, cherries help reduce the flare-ups. My grandmother had great results with that treatment....and it tasted good too.

Time to get back to the housework. I was at work later than usual cause of having to rescue my son this am. I wasn't happy about driving home in the dark at 5:30.

Have a peaceful and restful night!

Rita
  • msh0530
    Options
    I forgot to mention that our seats for the concert are near the front. I told my husband that if Paul Simon tosses me his hotel key, I don't care if he is 70 years old, I am going! :laugh:
  • msh0530
    Options
    Sorry. Double post.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    GOOD EVENING, DEAR LADIES,

TODAY WAS OFF AND BUSY ALL DAY..(.I DID GET A FAST SHORT WALK IN THIS MORNING AND ANOTHER, LESS BRISK ONE IN THIS EVENING, BUT IN BETWEEN WAS GO, GO, GO.) I REALIZE WHEN I GOT HOME THAT I HADN'T HAD AS MUCH WATER AS I USUALLY DO OR AS MUCH FOOD. NEITHER ARE A GOOD THING FOR ME. IT REMINDS ME OF HOW I FELT AFTER WORKING ALL DAY, SO I FEEL FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL PUTTING IN THE LONG HOURS!:flowerforyou: IT'S HARD TO MAKE GREAT CHOICES WHEN YOU ARE EXHAUSTED. I DID OK, BUT NOT THE BEST. TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY:tongue:

SALLY: SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR DH IS FEELING SOME BETTER. I HOPE THINGS GET RESOLVED SOON!

CATHY: WTG ON THE LOSS...THAT'S FANTASTIC!

SWELTEWISHER: SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A FUN TIME...

RITA: SORRY ABOUT YOUR SON'S CAR, BUT GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO HELP AND ENJOY THE TIME WITH HIM!

MARY: HAVE A GREAT TRIP, AND SHHHHHHHH....WE WON'T TELL A SOUL:noway:

I DON'T KNOW WHEN I HIT THE "ALL CAPS' BUTTON, BUT I'M TOO LAZY TO REDO THE WHOLE POST!

HAVE A GREAT EVENING AND THANKS FOR BEING HERE:flowerforyou: KACKIE
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Mary, wow, what a great daughter. Have a wonderful time and drive safely, I lived there and it can get icy on the roads.

Cathy, congrats on the loss and wtg on staying on the plan during the party.

Michele, take care, have you had this dizziness before?

Rita, glad there was a silver lining to the car breakdown.

Had an interesting dinner. Don’t know if I’ve disclosed this but I am pescetarian, I eat fish but no other meat. One of my favorite cookbooks right now is Appetite for Reduction. It is by a vegan author (I’m not vegan) and has some of the most flavorful dishes I’ve had in a while. Any they are calorie conscious. I made blackened tofu (okay, but needs some kind of sauce as well) and the Butternut Coconut Rice dish which was wonderful!! If you are looking for some tasty whole food recipes, I definitely recommend it.
    I was much better today and had a great work out on the elliptical. I was hoping to walk with hubby but it was too windy. Sure hope that settles down soon.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone - where did the weekend go :noway: :noway: :huh:

:flowerforyou: The Indian meal on Friday was lovely, probably too many calories, as it was quite creamy, but it was tasty rather than spicy.

:flowerforyou: The kittens are settling in slowly, we've thought of a name for the boy "Logan" but keep changing our mind for the girl. So far she's been a sooki, Abby, Maddie and Maggie. We'd better make our mind up soon or she'll think she's called "little girl" :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:smile: Hope everyone is doing well, as I said not quite sure where the weekend went but it's Tuesday already and I need to get myself organised and ready for work.

Have a good day everyone I hope to be back later :heart: :heart:

Viv x
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just caught up on all the posts and I realised that I hadn't posted since this time last Tuesday and had to cut my message short because my students were arriving.

We have had some lovely weather here in Ottawa, Ontario and I was able to do my laundry on Sunday and hang it all out on the line. It smelled so good when it came in and the sheets were dry enough to put back on the bed which still smells lovely. So much nicer than all those artificial perfumes that they put in products these days. I always look for perfurme free stuff otherwise I can't breathe.

The lbs I gained when I went to the US for Thanksgiving weekend are almost gone - how come they jump on to your body over 1 weekend and then take 4 or 5 weeks to leave.

Still doing my aquafit 3 times a week and Knee Strengthening 1 day. I'm meeting up with a couple of friends from WW on Saturday. We have a chat group on the WW site and this same group of friends have been together now for 6 years through losses and gains, and losses, and gains - well you know the problems.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

I had a great day with the grandtwins today. We chose a rocking horse for their birthday, plus a shedload of other presents. I can't believe that the next time I see them they will be a year old!! The time has gone so fast.

We were looking through some photographs of them when they were newborns and I was shocked to see how much bigger I was back then. I think I've only lost about 30 pounds since they were born, but it has certainly made a difference.

One thing that my mind has turned to lately is new year's resolutions. This is the time of year that I normally start thinking about them. My standard resolution has always been 'lose weight' but I no longer need to do that, so I'm looking for suggestions for next year .... other than maintaining my weight of course.

Tomorrow I am working at the gallery, so I want to go and prepare my lunch to take with me.

I hope you are all doing well. I have only skimmed the posts today, but will try to read more thoroughly once I have time (perhaps when I'm traveling on the tube tomorrow).

Love to you all.
    Amanda x
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am home and exhausted. The shower was great. My daughter is all baby bump adorable and we had a great time together. I will post more about the trip tomorrow.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,351 Member
    Options
    techno - once a few years ago I was dizzy, but I know that was because I was really trying to lose weight, and I felt like c***. As soon as I got back to normal eating, even tho I wasn't losing, I felt so much better. That dizziness has gone now, don't know what it was. Maybe it was just my body's way of telling me "slow down". Took an extremepump class yesterday, did an hour of HIIT today, and am planning to do a downloadable workout on the spin bike tomorrow.

Rita - sounds like the broken down car was a blessing in disguise. I'm so happy for you

Got a question for you all. I usually have some books on my iPod that I listen to while exercising, like "The Body Fat Solution". Does anyone have any suggestions for other books that are weight-oriented?

genalace - you have no idea how many times I've wished that we could have a clothes line, the sheets and blankets smell soooo good. Maybe in the future things will change with interest now in conserving energy. I'm so jealous of you getting to smell those sheets!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, exercise, then the Newcomers general meeting, then the senior bowl, come home for a few hours, then the Newcomers bowling.

When I go to "my topics" the forum for this is listed twice, it's not like one has been locked out. Does anyone know why this has happened? Just clicked on the other November listing....it's at page 15! There's no way I'll be able to ever get thru it, so I'll have to suffice to say welcome to everyone who is new, congrats to all the losers, and I'll see you at page 15.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening

Michele
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Michele: The other "Women Ages 50+ for November" is from 2010! I think Macmadame, who hasn't posted in a few months, went to the "Old" one and it is now showing back up on our "My Topics"...threw me off too!

Another busy day for me but I did better on my water and eating...had a Boca Burger last night and frozen baked sweet potato fries and the sodium was so high my scale was up today. Hopefully all the water today will take care of it! I can tell SUCH a difference if I eat foods that I prepare from REAL food vs things that are processed!!!

Very sleepy,:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: so I'll say goodnight! Take care, Kackie
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Might want to add the year to the month for next month's thread. Eliminates confusion. :bigsmile:

I had a PD day. It was a mixture of boring-entertaining - boring- interesting- long- and- glad- it- was- over day.

:wink: I have set my weight goals to maintaining for now and reset my ticker to reflect actual weight. Until my medications are balanced out it is too stressful to try to lose weight.

:heart: Rebel :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I've read all the posts including the ones on the November 2010 thread that got reactivated by accident. My visit with my friend was fabulous and exhausting. She's a late riser and was staying in a motel so I was able to get up early and walk the dogs for an hour and half as usual which offset all the sitting and talking we did the rest of the day. We have talked on the phone once a week for years so we keep track of each other's lives but spending all the time face to face was a blessing

:noway: :noway: :noway: somebody asked how the extra weight could pile on in a weekend and take four weeks to go away.:noway: :noway: :noway: I'm wondering that too. I'm still fighting with the two pounds from some excesses in September and this weekend of restaurant meals and a gigantic turkey dinner potluck gratitude dinner on Saturday has caused the scale to have a higher number every morning.:explode: :explode: :explode:

:glasses: :sad: my hubby leaves tomorrow morning to for a weeklong trip to go turkey and duck hunting with a friend so I will be able to exercise more, eat less, and cook hardly anything. i hope that will be the chance to get my weight back where it belongs or at least get on the road back to my old structured eating.

:flowerforyou: Michele, I recommend "The Thin Commandments Diet" as a fabulous book about sensible eating. It's full of strategies for keeping your eating challenges under control.

:flowerforyou: I just finished reading "It's Always Something" by Gilda Radner
    not about eating, but about meeting life challenges and not going under.
  • qofsheba
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers. I'm trying to vary my eating more because it seems to help move the scale and also do more protein and less carbs. Is there a way to "reset" the counter to change the fat-carb-protein ratio?

Treated myself to shopping this weekend and was able to buy some smaller clothes. I know it is wasteful to replace clothes now because I have so much more to lose. But buying any non-X clothes was a treat.

Trying to do some Zumba at night in addition to the morning workout--but there are weeks when I'm not home until after 9 for several night. I need to figure out something to do at lunch other than work at my desk.

Scale wasn't friendly this morning, despite a very good counting and exercise week so far. I need to stop weighing every day but compulsively do---only when I'm "dieting" though. never when I'm overeating...

Happy Hump Day.

Sveltwisher: Brooklyn! Lived there for most of the 17 years I lived in NYC and still miss it every day. Now confined to the suburbs of D.C.