NO NOVEMBER NONSENSE!! (Closed Group)

Alrighty! Looks like we have 27 members for our Challenge this month! There may be some stragglers that wil pop up on the spreadsheet later today but i think thats a pretty good number. :o) I'm excited to have many of the October Shredders being part of the group as well as new additions!

I would like to explain how i imagine this all working. lol. We should all aim to do SOMETHING everyday. I dont care if its a 10 minute walk, 15 minutes of push-ups during commercial breaks or an all out hour long gym session (or more if your a crazy person lol). I dont want this challenge looming over your head everyday...."ugh, i have to do...name your least favorite exercise here... at some point today!" As i have learned from my Zumba classes, "Fitness should be fun not a chore!"

SO after you finish your activity for the day, visit our wonderful accountability spreadsheet (if you didn't get it yet, shoot me a message and ill fix ya up) and log whatever you did. AND heres the important part. If you didn't do anything for the day put in EXCUSE in the box for the day! This is important because i think people will be less inclined to skip a day if they have to write down why they didn't. "i didn't feel like it today" is a lot harder to put down than "10 minutes of crunches"

Alright, so you went all week checking in on the spread sheet and now its Monday again....oh wait, there is no slot for Monday!? Just weigh in and do your measurements and ill get the new activity spreadsheet out to you sometime Monday. I will transfer your measurements from week 1 onto the new spread sheet and you just have to log your activity just like week 1. and the cycle begins for 4 weeks. If this is confusing, let me know, but you'll understand after the first week and it will turn into second nature.

Lastly, in the October Shredders group there were mini challenges daily. If you think this would be a good idea let me know and we can set something up like that, i thought it would be good for those of you who need ideas for daily activity and you can participate or not. Let me know your thoughts. :o)

I was thinking about having Wednesdays as "Healthy Hump Day" where we all could post our favorite healthy recipes on the forum. God knows ya always need help with new healthy ideas and what better way. Let me know about that too!

Ok seriously, im done now. Hope this explains everything and your all as pumped as i am!

NOW GO WORKOUT!!!!!!!!

<3 Meg

Replies

• phej
    phej Posts: 1
    How does one join this group?
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    Meg I have (2) things to say:

1. I love the daily challenges... but please make them challenging and not just walk for an extra 10 mins - for examples today everyone needs to do 10 push - ups... mind you I can't do one even if my life dependent on it - seriously no joke don't laugh :sad:
    2. Can we post our calories burned during whatever activiity we did - the reason I suggest this is because I know this is a motivating factor for me and also I would think people would want to burn more once they know it will be posted. THere are no goods and bads in this, but I know for myself if I burned 300 calories today, i would want to burn 350 tomorrow! What do you think?

just saying...:blushing:
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 522 Member
    Meg I have (2) things to say:

1. I love the daily challenges... but please make them challenging and not just walk for an extra 10 mins - for examples today everyone needs to do 10 push - ups... mind you I can't do one even if my life dependent on it - seriously no joke don't laugh :sad:
    2. Can we post our calories burned during whatever activiity we did - the reason I suggest this is because I know this is a motivating factor for me and also I would think people would want to burn more once they know it will be posted. THere are no goods and bads in this, but I know for myself if I burned 300 calories today, i would want to burn 350 tomorrow! What do you think?

just saying...:blushing:

Sounds good. I completely agree with you on easy challenges. I was thinking more of a 15 min circuit post.
    ex. Do each for 1 minute repeat 5 times:
    Pushups
    Jumping jacks
    Crunches

Do you want me to add a calorie burn column to the sheet? that shouldnt be a problem, or i see people are just adding their calories to the activity block already. Either way could only help! :o)
  • timadotcom
    Meg,

Whatever way is best, I am already adding my calories to the activity block.. you have more experience with this than me.. whatever way you think people will respond best
  • MegSommer
    Meg,

Whatever way is best, I am already adding my calories to the activity block.. you have more experience with this than me.. whatever way you think people will respond best

Columns are added and a total calorie burned column that will add up the totals for the week. :o)
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    LOVE the mini challege idea and the healthy hump day!

Also, I'm keeping a blog for the month of November...I know it's helped in the past and I really encourage everyone to try it out! Also, it's a good way to gague how you're feeling and look back and see how you were feeling at the beginning when we're at the end. This way we can keep up with each other on a more personal level as well!

But yeah, totally loving the mini challeges and healthy hump days!
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 140 Member
    Sounds good! I'm all for daily challenges as well.
  • MegSommer
    Alright so we like the mini challenges. How should we post them? Is the forum a good place or should i post them from my wall? Does anyone want to contribute to the daily challenges and have a few days where you are in charge of posting a circuit for the day? Not sure i can come up with one every day. lol Keep all the feedback coming!
  • timadotcom
    Meg,

I am very creative today - thus all the suggestions :D

Anyways, my opionion since you're asking; if people do have suggestions maybe they could email them to you and you can post them on your wall - perhaps a separate thread so we do not have to look through endless pages of threads or miss a mini challenge by mistake --- again just sayin...
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 325 Member
    Please I need the banner info and the spreadsheet too :) I messaged you a few days ago. thanks love
  • MegSommer
    Please I need the banner info and the spreadsheet too :) I messaged you a few days ago. thanks love

Sorry!?! Must have missed ya among the million messages. Its on its way!! :o)
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 454 Member
    Good morning friends! What are you doin' to get movin' today? lol :)

I was supposed to babysit after work and now I don't have to... I really have NOOOOOO excuse now !!!

I am going to go for a run when I get home. And if it rains... to the gym with me!!!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 459 Member
    sounds great.. love the healthy food recipe swap idea.... Lady - you are on fire this month!! lol.

xx
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 801 Member
    i was thinking jillian, but now im moving towards elliptical, lol..ill keep you posted!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 454 Member
    Oh, and I too love the healthy recipe idea!!!!!!!

and the mini challenges! that way if you are feeling like not doing a workout - you can do the mini challenge and at least have done something!!!!!!!
  • MegSommer
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podrunner-intervals-workout/id272591768

For those of you who were asking about C25K i found this for FREE on itunes. They are exactly the same as the c25k program and gives cues on when to run and walk and have at least 1 for each week up to 10 weeks i think. The music is techno-ish which is fine with me, i think i seen a christian music one too if thats more up your alley.

If your unfamiliar with this program is a 3xs a week running program that increases your stamina little by little until you are able to run a 5K. and i believe each pod-cast is 28-40 minutes depending on how far along in the program you are.

Thought id share. :o)

And since everyone likes the idea of "HEALTHY HUMP DAY" everyone think about your favorite healthy recipe weather it be dessert or dinner and post it tomorrow....ill open up a new forum for it so we dont have to search. :o)
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 458 Member
    All sounds good.

Oh and for the daily challenge you can list them all for the week at once. Then people can print it off and have it. That might be simpler then you getting on and posting before everyone in different time zones get up. I do love mini challenges.
  • ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    CAN i JOIN???
  • MegSommer
    All sounds good.

Oh and for the daily challenge you can list them all for the week at once. Then people can print it off and have it. That might be simpler then you getting on and posting before everyone in different time zones get up. I do love mini challenges.

I love that idea!!!!! Would make it so much easier! If anyone has any challenge ideas please let me know through a message and ill get them all together. So far i have 1 great one! (Thanks Ljo628!!) Keep em coming! Im going to ask my husband tonight if he has any ideas for good circuits and ill put together something with Mini Challenges for the rest of the week!

Does everyone have a plan for todays activity?!? Great! Now go workout! lol!
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 155 Member
    i love the challenges... and i think the weekly list is awesome... i have a hard time logging on at the same time EVERY day and i dont want to MISS them. :D

i have one idea that ill message to you :D