Fall's Fab Five (CLOSED GROUP) - Nov 1st

Options
Welcome Team. This will be our thread for this challenge.

We are Fall's Fab Five...
1. BetterWithAge 
2. Npatel160 
3. DanceYogaRun 
4. LibbyBelanger 
5. Newdaynewme

I know I started this as a blog, but it might be easier to find as a thread. :)

From Belinda...
I will give a list of exercises that can be done at home for each day of the week (I will try to get to where I can give you a week out at a time). Your team earns 1 point for each day that you do said exercises. We will always have Sunday as a rest day so that should be 6 days of activity (4 this week). If ALL of your team does the activity EVERY day then you will earn a bonus 5 points for the week.

You also will earn points off of how much weight is lost and I will add in some extra bonus items for the teams to keep it fun and exciting like extra points for water drank, miles walked/ran, crunches or etc....

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    BONUS for this week is drinking 100 oz of water....It will run from Wednesday to Saturday....That means your team can earn an extra 4 point per person this week (20 points if everyone does it)!! DRINK UP!!!
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    ** FIRST CHALLENGE **
    Starting tomorrow, November 2nd through Saturday November 5th, Each of us needs to consume 100 oz of water per day. Please post here at the end of each day with a 'yes you did' or a 'no you didn't. :-D
    DRINK UP!! :)

Let's take an early lead and hold it. :)
  • LibbyBelanger
    LibbyBelanger Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    OK Jen... Water will be the easy part for me!! :)
    Starting weight this morning was 129.
    I have already had the water.
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I usually drink no less than 100being oz of water so this will be a breeze!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Woo! 100 oz is more than my usual, but i will get it done!
  • LibbyBelanger
    Options
    WE CAN do the water!!! YES
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I LOVE the enthusiasm :heart: :heart: :heart:

100 is a little more for me than usual, but not by much. : )

:drinker:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Exercises for Wednesday have been posted
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    AND WE ARE OFF...

Go Fab Five :smile:
    I am keeping the exercises for tomorrow rather simple since it is day one. You need to do this in a circut all at one time (not broke up through the day). You can however break up the numbers into easier sets.
    75 jumping jacks
    40 crunches/sit ups
    30 squats
    10 push ups

You should allow yourself about 1 minute rest between sets.
    Any questions?

You can post here when you are done or send me a message. Please do not post it on my news feed.
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Best wishes to everyone in reaching their goals!!!! :)
  • newdaynewme
    Options
    Let's get it done!!! woot woot!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great! I'll knock it out asap tomorrow!
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I :heart: My team :smile:
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Good morning ladies, here we go.

November 2nd

You need to do this in a circut all at one time (not broken up throughout the day). You can however break up the numbers into easier sets. Allow about 1 minute rest between sets.
    75 jumping jacks
    40 crunches/sit ups
    30 squats
    10 push ups

100 oz (12.5 cups) of water

You can post here when you are done or send me a message. Please do not post it on my news feed.

Here is the link to our spreadsheet so you can see our progress. Please do not make changes, I will add all of the numbers in at the end of the day (before 11pm Eastern).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqfM2VasNXWbdGUxWFhocTJkby1NeHRLOGQ4OFFjQ0E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0

Go get 'em!!
  • newdaynewme
    Options
    bump
  • LibbyBelanger
    Options
    11-2 Wednesday

burned 586 cals (I don't think we need this yet but just want to get in the habit!)

water done

Exercise done. Had to modify the jumping jacks. Knees hurt. I also did a few more reps of the other to make up.

I had some thoughts about our water challenge. PLEASE take this just as an FYI.
    Once I am "into" the diet mode, water is not a concern for me. I drink tons. I understand why t it helps with weight lose. It is now a habit again.
    when on the tred mill this morning I was thinking about really HOW DO I DRINK SO MUCH. I came up with this. I have 2 of my favorite "containers", bottles. One is a weight watchers, 4 cup, mug that I got YEARS ago when I was a leader. My husband said to me once, I know when you are serious about dieting when you get that mug out!! It is easy to measure, done for you already. You don't have to fill it up a zillion times eaither. SO that is my daily, drink 3 to 4 mugs a day and I am done.
    My second bottle is the one I use for travel, exercise or driving in my car. (it fits in the cup holder!) I take it every where. This is a nalgene bottle with the BEST lid ever. ( it is 3 cups worth BTW) The older version always had a wide mouth. I couldn't use it during exercise because it would spill all over the place. The newer ones have a great lid, small mouth with a cover that keeps the water IN when not drinking.
    I got a "life is good" version, but after went to the nalgene web site and of course it was WAY cheaper.
    Right about now you must be saying, and your point is, Libby? The point being is that I love these containers and it reminds me to drink the water. They are always full, sitting around the house. Just find what makes YOU OK with the WAY you get the water in. Make it so it is a normal thing to do, not something you have to think about doing.
    If you can drink room temp. water too. Your body likes it better to work the fastest at washing away all the bad stuff.
    Just a couple things I have learned from weight watchers that I wanted to share. I hope you can take something away from this.
    Lib
  • newdaynewme
    Options
    day 1 completed! see u all tomorrow and good night!!
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Thank for the tip Libby. I use a 16oz cup that I keep on my desk. I usually drink about 5 of these... I will just have to make it 6. :-D
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I finished the workout and am about halfway through the water... No problem. :)
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Oh... I like these

November 3rd
    I am totally using the upper body workout from a challenge I did in September so if you have done Gary's challenges before these should be nothing new. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE VIDEOS THAT GO WITH EACH EXERCISE! Even if you think you know what the exercise it I want to make sure everyone is doing the same thing.

2 Sets of 15 swimmers press, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21's and 2 sets of 15 tricep kickbacks

Video:
    Swimmers press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edj1s-BdyLA&feature=related
    Wood Chop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEMC1Z2U4c
    21's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIL7f7Ljb9A (note these are 7 in each position)
    Tricep Kickbacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeiqKL0jS4 (note this is 15 per SIDE so 30 per set)

And don't forget the 100 oz of water :)

GO TEAM GO!!