Are we really that bad?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    I accept most friend requests and if they get to creepy i just delete them. I give everyone a chance:)

That sounds good to me :bigsmile: (she hasn't deleted me yet :wink: )
  • stampede55
    Options
    If my boyfriend couldnt RESPECT that I have male friends then he wouldnt be my boyfriend. Lol.
    I dont know why it would be a respect factor to have a friend of the opposite sex if there wasnt a trust issue.

There's a monumental difference between having male friends in real life whom your boyfriend knows all about and having male "friends" on the Internet whom he knows nothing about and whom YOU don't know much about yourself.
    Perfect explanation!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Well, some women may also have progress pics posted on their page in their undies & may not feel comrfotable with men being able to see them.

that is a good point.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I accept most friend requests and if they get to creepy i just delete them. I give everyone a chance:)

That sounds good to me :bigsmile: (she hasn't deleted me yet :wink: )

Haha key word....yet :wink:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Well, some women may also have progress pics posted on their page in their undies & may not feel comrfotable with men being able to see them.

that is a good point.

Not really...everyone knows anything posted on the internet is accessible by the whole world...Even Scarlet Johannsen knows this and she did not even post them online. Well, it has been an interesting topic and I think we all may have learned a thing or two. Heck, I even got a few FR out of it which means I will be making cuts tomorrow for my new awesome friends. Holla later.
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options

that is a good point.
    Not really...everyone knows anything posted on the internet is accessible by the whole world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlrAhtQC24
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize interwebz friends of the opposite sex that could possibly be half way across the country on a fitness site where everyone uses a board name was such a big deal
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are lasbians and prefer only the women folk?!
    huh-Copy.gif

ooooor maybe they have jealous husbands/boyfriends?!?!? :huh:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize interwebz friends of the opposite sex that could possibly be half way across the country on a fitness site where everyone uses a board name was such a big deal

neither did I, but I sure did read the ENTIRE thread :yawn:
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    if your significant other is gna get jelous of friends of the opposite sex on a fitness website then shes got some real trust issues with herself/himself that they need to deal with.

Smh....

Right..I dated my sons dad and lost so many of my guy friends because of his jealousy and threats..it really sucks now because I only have a couple good female friends the rest were male until his jealousy took over.. blahh..I need more friends now!!! I think female friends are awesome too I just dont meet enough or I have such a huge different lifestyle then females my age.. I miss my "male friends" I like a variety of friends =]
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I accept FR from men on MFP, especially the ones that share the same interests as I do. I like to get a man's opinion & comments. As far as jealous husband's & wife's ---- WHATEVER! I know a few in "Real" life & all I have to say is "Get Over It" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope I didn't offend anyone :flowerforyou:
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men. I know we hve been given the titles of pigs, dogs, trashy, *kitten*, sluts, cheaters, liars... but are we really that bad that you have decided that all of us come from the same mold?

Aside from the cooties and all, men as a whole aren't too bad! :laugh:

I've always found the disclaimers on profiles to be a little off-putting. I understand why some people have them, and don't judge anyone for whatever restrictions they want to put on their friends list. That said, I rarely send requests at all because of the disclaimers. Especially the ones that say "won't accept any friend requests without a note" Suddenly I feel a lot of pressure to write a *really* great note, and wit is not my strong-suit most days! :tongue:

That ive never understood.
    I grew up a tomboy and had nothing but male friends growin up.
    If my boyfriend couldnt RESPECT that I have male friends then he wouldnt be my boyfriend. Lol.
    I dont know why it would be a respect factor to have a friend of the opposite sex if there wasnt a trust issue.

It can be a respect issue without being a trust issue.

Some couples set certain boundaries out of respect for one another and to help build/maintain trust in their relationship. It doesn't necessarily mean trust is missing- just that this is the way they have chosen to make sure trust doesn't get broken.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think it's more about them than you......................they might have a jealous husband or boyfriend and it's just easier not to give them reasons to b!tch sometimes...................hehe just like how men deal with their b!tchy wives and girlfriends.

I was friends on here with a lady and she told me she would have to delete me because of her husband being jealous of her guy friends on here. I told her no problem,, I understood. I think if a women wants to be friends only with women, that is fine, there are plenty of other women on here who want guy friends, I don't see any problem with it.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are lasbians and prefer only the women folk?!
    huh-Copy.gif

:laugh: i'm bisexual, currently dating a girl. trust me. she would rather see me have more male friends than female which is weird, because i'm attracted to both gender. :huh:

Some couples set certain boundaries out of respect for one another and to help build/maintain trust in their relationship. It doesn't necessarily mean trust is missing- just that this is the way they have chosen to make sure trust doesn't get broken.

Yep.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    LOL I love men more than anyone I know! But on MFP, I prefer to only have women as friends (besides the creator of MFP, of course!). The men on here have great advice, but they just cannot relate to my body like a woman can, so that's why I'm a bit sexist with my friends list. I promise you, I'm nowhere near as dismissive in real life; I just treat this site way different than any other forum/social networking site I visit. :flowerforyou:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    How do you know for sure the person on the other end is a girl....could be a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Just sayin.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    How do you know for sure the person on the other end is a girl....could be a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

Just sayin.
    rdj :)