Motivated Momma's Week 7 (closed)

Replies

• renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Oh my goodness this weeks challenge is going to be something for me I am going to do my best everyone please say a very special prayer I'm so stuck on all the junk foods especially candy:bigsmile: but I know I can do it must take 1 day at a time!!! Thanks Renu for this one still excited:flowerforyou: :happy:

you are welcome, but even I am struggling to keep my taste buds satisfied..lol
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    My pancakes are made from whole wheat flour. My waffles are made half whole wheat flour and half white flour, but all other ingredients are healthy (no sugar, no salt, banana, oatmeal, flax seed, etc., so I'm going with healthy???
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    My pancakes are made from whole wheat flour. My waffles are made half whole wheat flour and half white flour, but all other ingredients are healthy (no sugar, no salt, banana, oatmeal, flax seed, etc., so I'm going with healthy???

Yay!!

great, whole wheat flour is healthy...
  • ♥Amy♥
    On behalf of Karie and this week's contributors here is your week 7 challenge!

Cardio: Due to it's success we are keeping Renu's challenge from last week going. Here it is again for conveinence sake.
    Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1

Part 1- Time for walking...My goal is 15 miles. Today I walked 3.67 miles out of 15 miles.

Part 2- Interval training...1/3 points

Part 3- Logging...1/4 points

Strength
    6 points plus 3 Bonus points for a total of 9 points

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg)...1/1 point
    Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side)
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice)
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10)
    Friday: Ab & Butt Lift (do 2 sets of 12)
    Weekend: Full Body Stretch

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day)...1/3 points

Food challenge
    10 points + 3 bonus for recipe submission
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week...0/5 points

Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , this means no skipping breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. So you get 5 additional points on this one...1/5 points

Since its going to be a healthy week, post your favorite soup recipe which earns you an extra 3 points (bonus)

Emotional
    Created by Lynda
    1 point
    What does food mean to you? Comfort, security, distress, anxiety, happiness, fuel, control. When you think "food" what comes to mind? Has your thoughts about food changed since starting your weight loss journey?

Wednesday Points Total: 5 points (1 for interval, 1 for logging, 1 for strength, 1 for bonus strength, 1 for food (5 meals))
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Oy! That "junk food" challenge is TOUGH!

Wed. 11/2/11
    CARDIO (0/12) + (0/+ bonus)
    Part 1 (0/5)
    Mileage goal = 20 miles
    Current mileage total: 4

Part 2 (1/3)
    interval training? yes

Part 3 (1/4)
    Logging? yes

STRENGTH (1/6) + (0/3 bonus)
    glute kicks = yes

FOOD (1/10) + (0/3 bonus)
    "Junk" food? no, ate single serving packet of organic peanut butter
    5 meals/ day? yes
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member

I'm gonna have to request you share your waffle recipe. sounds delish!
  • losinit_4_good
    Cardio: Possible 12 points + Bonus miles in Part 1

Part 1- Walking: Goal is 10 miles. I did 2 today
    Part 2- Intervals: claiming 1/3
    Part 3- Logging: claiming 1/4

Strength

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) Claiming 1 point

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day)

Food challenge
    No junk food: Anone who saw my status last night knows I bombed big time due to a Cheetos related meltdown. S'all good. I'm back on track and am gonna get this done today! 0/5
    5 Meals/Day: If I count my cheetos as a snack I get this. But frankly, I don't think that is in keeping with the spirit of the challenge. Darn the cheesy, crunchy goodness!!! 0/5
    Recipe: Not yet. I've got one tho, I just need to find where I wrote it down... 0/3

Emotional
    1 point
    What does food mean to you? Comfort, security, distress, anxiety, happiness, fuel, control. When you think "food" what comes to mind? Has your thoughts about food changed since starting your weight loss journey?

Wednesday Totals: Cardio: 2, Strength: 1, Food & Emo 0. 3 total!

stupid cheetos :grumble:
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member

stupid cheetos :grumble:

Ha!! Oh, hon.. I :heart: you!! Lol...
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    What a great challenge!! Love the junk food challenge, I needed that after halloween! Thanks Ladies!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    Cardio:
    Part 1- Walking 8 Miles 0/5pt
    Part 2- Interval training 0/3
    Part 3- Logging 0/4

Strength:
    Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg) 1/1
    Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side) 0/1
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) 0/1
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10) 0/1
    Friday: Ab & Butt Lift (do 2 sets of 12) 0/1
    Weekend: Full Body Stretch 0/1
    Bonus: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days 0/3

Food challenge:
    No junk food 0/5
    Eat all your Meals 1/5
    Soup Recipe 0/3

Emotional 0/1

Wednesday Points - 2 - Strength and Meal Food challenge
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    My internet went out last night :grumble: !!! Well actually the winds from the cold front blew my reciever over, but its fixed now! I didnt get to finish my food diary yesterday luckily it was already all filled out I just never hit that button, I did get in my 5 meals though and NO junkfood...not even the jolly ranchers that I took out of my sons halloween candy! Will post todays points later!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    On behalf of Karie and this week's contributors here is your week 7 challenge!

Cardio: Due to it's success we are keeping Renu's challenge from last week going. Here it is again for conveinence sake.
    Created by Renu

Part 1(5pts)- My goal for this week is 15 again because I dont want to set an unachievable goal(3/15done)

Part 2- Interval training (1/3pts)

Part 3- Logging (2/4pts)

Strength (1/6pts)
    Created by Amy

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg)(done)

Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side)(done)
    ~Stand behind a chair, resting your hands lightly on the back. Bend your right leg & turn it out slightly so that your knee is pointing toward the ground. Lift your leg a few inches, keeping your upper body straight & facing forward. Focus on using al your thigh muscles. Lower your leg.

~Stand behind a chair, hands resting on the back. Bend your knees and lift your heels off the ground so that you are balancing on the balls of your feet. Hold for 30 seconds and then lower heels.

~Sit on the edge of a chair with your feet on the ground, hands next to thighs, palms flat on the edge of the seat. Move forward so that your lower back is barely touching the edge of the chair & your legs form a 90 degree angle. Bend your arms & lower down a few inches so that your elbows form a 90 degree angle. Come up and repeat.

~Lie down on the floor with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Lift your pelvis and heels off the ground, keeping your torso and upper thighs straight. Hold for 2 seconds, squeezing your abs and buttocks. Lower down and repeat.

~Stand with your left side facing a chair back and your left hand resting on it. Bring your heels together and point your toes out so your feet form a V. Slowly bend over and reach your right hand to the ground, letting your head hang. Lift up slowly from your waist, keeping your back and right arm straight. Keep lifting until you're bending back slightly, reaching your right arm behind you. Look up at the ceiling & hold for 5 seconds. Slowly bend down and repeat the sequence 5 times, taking deep breaths as you go.

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day)

Food challenge
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week. At least for 5 days this week, do not eat any of the junk foods and the list goes here. Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , this means no skipping breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. So you get 5 additional points on this one.

Total 10 points. (4/10)

Since its going to be a healthy week, post your favorite soup recipe which earns you an extra 3 points (bonus) (done)

Emotional
    Created by Lynda
    1 point

4pts today for logging, strength and food!
  • ♥Amy♥
    I've felt like poo all day today, so the only exercising that I got in was the strength exercises for today. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow! Here's my stuff for today.

Cardio:

Part 1- Time for walking...My goal is 15 miles. My total so far is 3.67 miles out of 15 miles.

Part 2- Interval training...1/3 points

Part 3- Logging...2/4 points

Strength

Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side)...1/1 point

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day)...2/3 points

Food challenge
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week...1/5 points

Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , this means no skipping breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. So you get 5 additional points on this one...2/5 points

Since its going to be a healthy week, post your favorite soup recipe which earns you an extra 3 points (bonus)

Emotional
    Created by Lynda
    1 point

Thursday Points Total: 5 points (1 for logging, 1 for strength, 1 for bonus strength, 2 for food (meals & junkfood)
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    Cardio:
    Part 1- Walking 8 Miles 0/5pt (1 mile so far)
    Part 2- Interval training 0/3
    Part 3- Logging 1/4

Strength:
    Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg) 1/1
    Tuesday: Hip & Thigh Trimmer (do 2 sets of 12 on each side) 1/1
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) 0/1
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10) 0/1
    Friday: Ab & Butt Lift (do 2 sets of 12) 0/1
    Weekend: Full Body Stretch 0/1
    Bonus: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days 0/3

Food challenge:
    No junk food 1/5
    Eat all your Meals 2/5
    Soup Recipe 0/3

Emotional 0/1

Thursday Points - 4 - Strength and Both Food challenges and logging
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member

Part 1- Time for walking...My goal is 10 miles.

Part 2- Interval training...1/3 points (ran with my son in intervals tonigh, I worked up a sweat. He decide he loves sliding in his socks across the floor with Mommy pulling him. Great workout!)

Part 3- Logging...1/4 points

Strength

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day)...1/3 points

Food challenge
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week...1/5 points

Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , this means no skipping breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. So you get 5 additional points on this one...1/5 points

Emotional
    Created by Lynda
    1 point

Thursday Points Total: 6 points (1 for interval, 1 for logging, 1 for strength, 1 for bonus strength, 1 for food (5 meals), 1 for No Junk Food)
  • amyelizbradley

I'm gonna have to request you share your waffle recipe. sounds delish!

I agree!
  • amyelizbradley
    I've felt like poo all day today, so the only exercising that I got in was the strength exercises for today. Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow! Here's my stuff for today.

WOW, me too; here's to hoping you feel better! :heart:
  • amyelizbradley
    TODAY = stress level is blech but overall good day...

TH. 11/2/11
    CARDIO (0/12) + (0/1 bonus)
    Part 1
    Mileage goal = 20
    Current mileage total: 8

Part 2 (2/3)
    interval training? yes

Part 3 (2/4)
    Logging? yes

STRENGTH (0/6) + (0/3 bonus)
    glute kicks = yes
    hip & thigh trimmer = yes

FOOD (3/10) + (0/3 bonus)
    "Junk" food? yep!!
    5 meals/ 1 day? yes
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Part 1- Time for walking..3/15 miles ---
    Part 2- Interval training. 0/3
    Part 3- Logging the details 1/4

Strength
    Created by Amy

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg) 1/1 DONE

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day) 1/3 DONE

Food challenge
    Created by Renu
    No junk food challenge for this week. At least for 5 days this week - 1/5 DONE! Only .5 T of peanut butter too! :)

Plus, your meals has to be 5 meals a day , 1/5 DONE

Total 10 points.
    post your favorite soup recipe which earns you an extra 3 points (bonus) 0/3

Emotional
    1 point
    What does food mean to you? Comfort, security, distress, anxiety, happiness, fuel, control. When you think "food" what comes to mind? Has your thoughts about food changed since starting your weight loss journey? 0/1

Thur- 5 pts.
  • losinit_4_good

Part 1- Walking: Goal is 10 miles. I did 2 today
    Part 2- Intervals: claiming 2nd/3
    Part 3- Logging: claiming 2nd/3
    Strength

Monday: Glute Kicks (do 2 sets of 12 on each leg
    Wednesday: Leg Toner (hold for 30 seconds & repeat twice) Claiming 1 point
    Thursday: Triceps Dip (do one set of 10) claiming 1 point

3 Bonus Points: Do all above exercises in sequence for 3 of the days (in addition to the exercise for the day) Claiming 1 Bonus Point

Food challenge
    No junk food: Heck yeah! Bring on the point!
    5 Meals/Day: 1/5
    Recipe: Not yet. 0/3

Emotional
    1 point

Wednesday Totals: Cardio: 2, Strength: 2, Food: 2 & Emo 0. 6 total!
This discussion has been closed.