IS IT OK TO HAVE A SMALL SPOON OF PEANUT BUTTER IF YOU ARE H

Options
124»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Fat is a necessary macro nutrient. Some fats are better for you than others (omega 3 fatty acids for example), don't discount the benefits of fat.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Take one square of Godiva dark chocolate (I like the 72%), put one tablespoon of peanut butter on top, and enjoy! It's like a high class Reeses cup.

Haha love this.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    No it is not ok. Expect coal in your stocking this year.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You are fine!!!! Peanut butter is one of my favorites!!! I am hypoglycemic, and it helps when my sugar gets too low..... Have you ever tried Almond Butter? It's even better for you than pb

I have tried almond butter but it also had flax seeds! all healthy but didn't really like it! rather had raw almonds instead!
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    If you eat it in moderation you can eat chocolate cheesecake if you want, especially if your body is saying you are hungry. </joke>

If you are hungry, you are hungry. Eat something. Just keep it good foods that will keep you feeling full and try to stay within your calorie goals.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Yes! PB is great for you if you have the serving size :)
    I switched to the natural PB a year ago and cannot even stomach the mainstream brands (like Jiff, Skippy, etc) anymore.
    You should try it, it's so much better for you. You're grocery store will probably have an all natural PB selection. It's basically just straight up peanuts, no added nasty chemical stuff or sodium. I particularly like Crazy Richard's Creamy Natural :)
  • Kabula
    Options
    LOL! Goodness! One can't post anything without somepeople going ballistic! Don't make judgements; I don't know you and you don't know me!

I don't recall anyone going ballistic here. I didn't realize concern for other's health and well being was "going ballistic." If anything, you are getting defensive.

Just remember, no food is ever "off-limits." The unsaturated fats in peanut butter are good for you. It may be high calorie, but all that means is that you will have to compensate later in the day.

Making comments of someone having an eating disorder is offensive; (when in fact you don't know the person) this site is for people like you and I to get motivation and support not to make judgements about others and their eating habits! I would bet that most people that are in this site, use it correctly and are trying to do something positive and healthy to make their lives and physique look and feel better! Enough said!
  • Kabula
    Options
    Yes! PB is great for you if you have the serving size :)
    I switched to the natural PB a year ago and cannot even stomach the mainstream brands (like Jiff, Skippy, etc) anymore.
    You should try it, it's so much better for you. You're grocery store will probably have an all natural PB selection. It's basically just straight up peanuts, no added nasty chemical stuff or sodium. I particularly like Crazy Richard's Creamy Natural :)

I do! I buy the one from Trader Joe's! :-)
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an allergy, a little should definitely be OK. Enjoy!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    LOL! Goodness! One can't post anything without somepeople going ballistic! Don't make judgements; I don't know you and you don't know me!

I don't recall anyone going ballistic here. I didn't realize concern for other's health and well being was "going ballistic." If anything, you are getting defensive.

Just remember, no food is ever "off-limits." The unsaturated fats in peanut butter are good for you. It may be high calorie, but all that means is that you will have to compensate later in the day.

Making comments of someone having an eating disorder is offensive; (when in fact you don't know the person) this site is for people like you and I to get motivation and support not to make judgements about others and their eating habits! I would bet that most people that are in this site, use it correctly and are trying to do something positive and healthy to make their lives and physique look and feel better! Enough said!
    I didn't say you had an eating disorder. I said it sounds like someone that does.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question =/
    I eat massive amounts of peanut butter. It's tasty and good for you.
  • crazysillydancer
    Options
    Of course! Not only does your body need fat, but plant based fats don't have cholesterol like their animal based counterparts making them heart healthy choices. As with everything moderation is key. I enjoy eating an apple with peanut butter as part of a meal or as a snack. The fiber, natural sugars, fats and protein make it for a satisfying part of my diet along with curbing cravings for sweets. I would definitely recommend it as a choice to everyone!
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    just a small spoonful? go for it! everything in moderation :)
  • Kabula
    Options

I didn't say you had an eating disorder. I said it sounds like someone that does.

"Sounds like someone that does" emplies what I just said above! Don't judge a book by its cover!
  • Kabula
    Options
    just a small spoonful? go for it! everything in moderation :)

Thanks! I didn't think people were going to make assumptions on someone's weight issues because of this question! Crazy, huh!

anyways; I already had this in the morning!
  • Boo67
    Boo67 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are fine!!!! Peanut butter is one of my favorites!!! I am hypoglycemic, and it helps when my sugar gets too low..... Have you ever tried Almond Butter? It's even better for you than pb

Cashew nut butter, scrummy!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Totally fine, don't worry about it.