Indian Culture Weight SHAME!

Options
13»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to face that. But we indians tell it like it is. I'm overweight and i always have uncles and aunties (not mine) telling me to lose weight. They don't even know you, but they make it their business to lecture you about the hazards of weight gain. Same goes when you are skinny. When i'm partying i don't want people telling me to watch what i eat. I usually just display a bored look look during those lectures and they take the hint and leave. If i say something, it will be disrespectful. Please remember this during your interactions with Indians. We mean no harm, just showing concern the way we know.

OMG yess! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am married to a man from India, and to my dismay most of the Indian culture (or those I have met) are really quite frank and forthright.

Yes you did make a generalization from the subset of Indian people you have met. That is racist
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Asians are the worst of it. Seriously! Even Strangers find it alright to shame someone for their weight. People just do it and almost nobody ever frown upon that , to say something to defend. Even if they're right, it doesn't make it alright to say it.
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    Indian men that ive dated have been very blunt.