Friend Requests...

Options
Mallory0418
Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
What are your standards for a friend request? Both in sending and receiving them.

Discuss.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I don't know...at least a C cup I'd say..

JOKES!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Look at you with the quick-draw-mcgraw! I knew someone would go there! Go you :drinker:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I really don't send them often at all. I'm too afraid of rejection(such a dork)
    I won't accept them unless they have a message

It's pretty widely known that it's polite to include a message

And also for the love of gravy why the hell do you request somebody you won't interact with? This irritates me.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Don't look like a complete weirdo? That's about my standard hahaha
  • stampede55
    Options
    I've never sent one. I have received a couple, but ended up declining. I kind of regret not accepting the requests since I end up in the forums all day anyway.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm very hippie-dippy when it comes to accepting friends. If you want my friendship, you got it. No need to discriminate! That's why I have so many, and I may have to get choosy some day. But for now, I accept everyone.

When I request friendships (very rare), I always send a message.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I like to have an introduction in their request. If there isn't one, I will look at their profile to try and figure out who they are and why they may want to be my friend.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Sending- I always send it with a message! Where I saw them, why I want to be their friend.
    I expect the same :D I hate getting blank friend requests from people I've never seen =/ I always feel so bad rejecting :(
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really don't send them often at all. I'm too afraid of rejection(such a dork)
    I won't accept them unless they have a message

It's pretty widely known that it's polite to include a message

And also for the love of gravy why the hell do you request somebody you won't interact with? This irritates me.

mmmmm gravy......
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I rarely send them and I'll accept anyone who sends me a request. I'm not that picky :tongue:
  • sgibney78
    Options
    I’m with VeganGal84. I always accept every friend request. I only send them if I feel I have something to contribute.
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    I accept everyone!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't know...at least a C cup I'd say..

JOKES!

This.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Give me a small reason why....even if its bull****...just dont leave it blank
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I used to have a limit, but amazingly I've learned if you are kinda brash, crude, and have a semi-juvenile sense of humor you lose friends on a pretty common pace! Then I realized you can never have too many kick azz friends. My only requirement is only that I don't think you are a tool.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't have standards. Just don't be creepy & I'll accept and support you :smile:

Okay, and maybe if you're only slightly creepy with a touch of amusing, I'll support you too.....
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    There are standards? We are still on MFP right? Or did MFP change into a junior high or high school?
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I accept and send freely. Most of the time I try to send with a message if they ask for it, but it's usually just about something I read in their profile or they mentioned on a topic. Nonetheless, I hope we are all here for similar motives (to get fit), so.... in my eyes... EVERYONE IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY:)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I rarely send them...I'm naughty on my wall. If I send one, that's assuming they're OK with that, which would be rude of me. I may be vulgar, but I'm not rude. At least if I receive one, whether they read my warning or not, I can't be blamed for something they get offended by.

As for accepting, it really depends on a lot of factors. Who your friends are (I won't be a mutual friend of a few users), what your message said, are you a regular forum poster...that sort of thing.

I will not be collected.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I only accept them if folks include a message and on that same note when I send friend reguests I always include a short message.