Friend Requests...

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve is deleleting somebody because they don't interact

and then they request you again, to do the same thing.

It's very very very odd
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Give me a small reason why....even if its bull****...just dont leave it blank

So wow your hot works?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I generally accept everyone. I send requests to people I see on the boards or on my friends pages. Sometimes I'll send a message and sometimes I won't. It just depends on how recently I have interacted with that person. If we just sent 3 or 4 messages back and forth to each other on a thread, then I think the reason is obvious why I am sending an FR.
  • DWBoninJr
    Options
    I always accept any that are sent to me.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I dont normally send out requests... when I do I always forget to type a message... :devil:

I pretty much accept anyone .. so long as I don't get any creepy messages, I'm good. :bigsmile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    There are standards? We are still on MFP right? Or did MFP change into a junior high or high school?

*pinches bridge of nose*

That stench you smell...... it's your upper lip.

double-facepalm.jpg
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I don't send many adds but I have sent messages relating to something specific on a thread and have then been friended by them. Most of my friends have come via various challenges, so we've had something in common, but some of the most supportive have been random adds that had no message attached!

I don't think I've rejected anyone so far . . . .
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I prefer to add people I have something in common with.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I prefer to add people I have something in common with.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't send many adds but I have sent messages relating to something specific on a thread and have then been friended by them. Most of my friends have come via various challenges, so we've had something in common, but some of the most supportive have been random adds that had no message attached!

I don't think I've rejected anyone so far . . . .

I agree with this. I don't reject anyone and I have a great list of supportive, informed, interesting friends. The only time I have deleted people is when they have fallen off the face of the earth.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've never sent any but I always accept if someone sends me one whether they send a message or not.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I'm very hippie-dippy when it comes to accepting friends. If you want my friendship, you got it. No need to discriminate! That's why I have so many, and I may have to get choosy some day. But for now, I accept everyone.

When I request friendships (very rare), I always send a message.

just like me!!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Nothing less of complete adoration.
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will give any one a try but I don't need any negativity, I get that from my mother and sometimes my hubby( mostly cause he thinks I'm hot and I think not). I am here to help and everyone needs it sometimes, but I have recently posted some hard things for me that have been a excuse for my eating or refusing to eat since I have said it I have lost inches. I know that some things just have to get vented.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    What are your standards for a friend request? Both in sending and receiving them.

Discuss.

She's gotta have a Golden Retriever. :)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Message with or PM is mandatory
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    What are your standards for a friend request? Both in sending and receiving them.

Discuss.

She's gotta have a Golden Retriever. :)

Oooo! That's me! :happy:
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    My standards for accepting:

1: receive request.
    2: accept request.
    3: If new friend pisses me off delete friend.

My standards for sending:
    1: Based on you posts it seems we have a similar view of things.
    2: send request.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options

Discuss.

I usually only ask for a friend if we have some sort of common interest. Ie age, kids, goals, etc. I don't get too many requests so I haven't found a reason to say no yet LOL
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I really don't send them often at all. I'm too afraid of rejection(such a dork)
    I won't accept them unless they have a message

It's pretty widely known that it's polite to include a message

And also for the love of gravy why the hell do you request somebody you won't interact with? This irritates me.

Lmbo! My thoughts exactly! :)