Friend Requests...

Options

Replies

• kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I rarely send them and I'll accept anyone who sends me a request. I'm not that picky :tongue:

Same. I accept everyone. Then if it turns out they're creepy, I delete them later....when I think they won't notice.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I always appreciate a note and am pretty relaxed to accepting ones without messages. Like another poster above, I'll try to figure out why they requested me. I also accept very few guy friend requests, regardless of a message or not.

Oh I also start deleting people if they haven't logged in for a month or so.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I will decline them if they don't have a message...and no I don't require your life story but a "Hey...saw your comment here...we're friends with so and so" would be nice...otherwise I get the impression you didn't bother to even read my profile.

I send them out when I come across someone that I feel I can learn from and the occasional eye candy. (yeah yeah yeah what of it?!)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Oh... wait, wait... you're blah blah's friend so you can't be my friend.

hey-guys-am-i-doing-this-right.jpg
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have low standards. Any ol' cheeky *kitten* is fine by me. When I send a request, I always send a lil' message to go with.
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm new...so of course, I'm willing to take all the support I can get! And um...it doesn't hurt to have a few hot guys as friends :wink:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think thus far I have accepted all of them, but I do appreciate a message. I also have very few men in my friend list, it feels more comfortable to talk about these things with other chicks. I *will* delete a person if they haven't logged in for several months.

Regarding sending requests, I don't do it often either. I usually request to people who seem really in need of encouragement, or on occasion because they are starting a challenge I'm interested in following.

When it comes to selecting friends, I like people who are somewhat similar to me demographically and weight-wise. Maybe not their current weight, but somewhere in a similar journey. Similar age-range, and I also like supporting people who are a few years younger than me and might need more encouragement.

Overall, I like to encourage people and I like it when they encourage me!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I only know when someone has de-friended me because I try to keep an eye on my number of friends because I don't want to have 200+ friends where I can't be equally annoying to all of them. I had 6 drop me last week but I couldn't tell you the names. I think most people have a core of people they would be hurt if those people left. I've only ever had that happen once.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am trying to keep my friend list to a managable list. I don't send request very often, but when I do I always a quick note with my request. I request that if someone is requesting to be my MFP, they should at least tell me why. Am not looking for a long narative, but at least tell me why you're requesting me. Even if it's "Looking for support on this journey...." Even if I might not be looking for more friend, I will most often accept request with a quick note.
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't know...at least a C cup I'd say..

JOKES!

This.

That sucks for us less endowed girls :( haha
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think I'm pretty picky. I don't want t huge friend list to begin with, so if I have friends who I don't know IRL, who requested me and never interacted with me, or sent a message, I'll delete them or not approve their request.
    I don't send out many requests, but when I do I always send a message, because that's what I would want if the table were turned.

I kinda want to keep my feed personal and be very supportive with a few handfuls of friends, rather than virtually overwhelmed with 300. That's just me though.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I will send a message along with the request, but i pretty much accept anyone who sends a request. I do like it, however, if those who friend me interact on occasion. I'm not sure why one would friend and not do that.

With that being said, Anyone here who wants to send a friend request, feel free to do so. I like supporting/motivating others and love it when i get the same.
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    I accept everyone, why not?
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've yet to decline a friend request... if people end up being jerks, I delete them. I usually send mine with a short message regarding why I'd like to be friends.
  • timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I make sure there is something in common. Whether it is goal weight or a reason for being on here. I do expect my friends to support me because I make it a mission to support my friends. I've had to unfriend people because they weren't givers...just takers. If I send a request the profile is normally available for public view (picture not necessary). Unless I see a comment and reoccuring comments from someone that I feel will be a good match. This site has a social networking aspect to it, but unlike others, the intent is not to "collect" friends. ok...rambled enough.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    There are standards? We are still on MFP right? Or did MFP change into a junior high or high school?

*pinches bridge of nose*
  • maramom76
    maramom76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im not picky at all you send i accept......unless the person s profile pic looks like a seriel killer :) haha
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    ACCEPTING:

Unless I've been corresponding with someone on a thread then I won't accept someone without a message from them.

For SENDING a request I guess it varies, some reasons:

1. the person has an inspirational body
    2. they make wise/healthy/productive comments on threads
    3. they seem cool and healthy (in general)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I accept friends requests from anyone....my thought is you never know what that person is going through....and I don't base my decision on if that person is in a certain clique or not....but with that said I will delete there *kitten* if they step out of line....just sayin!!!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I prefer when people send a message, but I give everyone a chance. I just know I feel super cool that someone wants to be my friend! I get really disappointed when I sign on first thing and have no notifications (which happens a lot but, eh), truth. If that person turns out to be a douche...it's just as easy to delete them. :wink: I'm here for support and motivation and friendships are nice too!

As far as sending them...I don't do it often. Rejection is scary and I don't like it. So if you are my friend and I requested you, consider yourself risky business! :laugh: