What's your NSV today?

Options

Replies

• flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 of bridge to 10K today - 3 x 17 min runs with 1 min walks in between, and 5 mins' warm-up and cool-down walks (adds up to 63 mins exercise). Checked my GPS when I got home - distance covered 5.99 miles!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    Even though I waitressed yesterday I still took my dog for a walk after a nap (between jobs I was up 24 hours). I am excited I could still get myself to do is.

6541928.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • annaasun
    annaasun Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    idk what nsv stands for? can someone enlighten me? i just know what it means based on what people have been posting
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I looked down at my belly and realized it isn't protruding so much. LOL.
  • Mymykucera
    Options
    Instead of going to Starbucks I enjoyed tea and a healthy breakfast instead. And every opportunity I had I have not used an elevator
  • Mymykucera
    Options
    Non scale victory, like I choose not to eat a cookie
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My mom didn't recognize me from far away, she said I look a lot thinner than before!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Today while going in the fridge, I came face to face with a container of leftover hot wings from the previous evening (the family's dinner, not mines). Instead of 'Maybe I'll have ONE'-ing it, I grabbed a tablespoon of hummus and garden select wheat thins... And then ran like the ****ens before temptation caught up with me.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Haven't touched the Halloween candy!
  • reddog101
    Options
    I was outside trimming back my rose bushes and felt my underwear slipping down inside my pants. I took a few steps to discard my cuttings and realized it was my pants. Needless to say, I dropped my cuttings and pulled my pants up. Thankfully no one was around. Seeing a fat old lady with her pants down nearly to her knees would not have been a pretty sight! lol I guess its time to take up a seam in my pants.
  • jaonan
    Options
    I wore a dress I hadn't worn in 4 years and it was looser on me than it was then!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I packed away a bunch of clothes about 6 months ago that I could not stuff myself into. Today I pulled out a pair of jeans and they are too big......Now I'm going through that box to see what fits and whats too big already!! So much nicer than not fitting because you are too big!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm new around these parts so annaasun - thanks for asking about NSV and Mymykucera - thanks for answering!!

My NSV is that I packed up all of the halloween candy today including the (ack!) Snicker bars and placed them all in a bag to drop off tomorrow at work.
  • kimsy1222
    Options
    I'm new...what does "NSV" stand for?

"non-scale victory" -- such as, it's 5 days after Halloween, and there is still candy left! HAHA!

(Previously, I would totally have eaten it ALL by now, and already bought MORE in the after-Halloween clearance sales!)

Gotcha! Thanks for helping :)

My NSV...I very seldom drink soda now. Actually, the thought of drinking it kind of grosses me out. Even diet. I love my lemon water!
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went to a 2nd hand store today and saw a cute t-shirt for 50 cents. It was size M but I got it anyway thinking "I'll fit into it soon".... but here I am sitting in it and it fits perfectly!

And yesterday I bought some size 14 jean shorts. No more shopping in the large ladies section.
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i went to subway (first time in a month) and i got chicken terriyaki WITHOUT cheese (first time ever) and NO fatty sauce. I went to get a diet drink and thought no i don't need that i have water. When i got home i took my footlong and halved it, ate one half and put the other in the fridge for tomorrow! I am really proud of myself; today was like a lightbulb moment, I figured out that i don't need alot of things i only want them! All i need is exercise, nutritious food and alot of water

Also i put my scales in the cupboard today so i can't use them for a week and today was my 12th day in a row working out. Lots of NSV today
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing one of my favourite shift dresses to work, and my love-handles dont look so prominent in it anymore :)
  • sarahq21
    sarahq21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I took almost all of my clothes out of my wardrobe as they are ALL too big... AND brought some new summer shorts about 3-4 sizes smaller!

AND... I ran/walked just over 4km in 30 mins... =)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Planned out my food day and for the first time actually went over 1200 calories, on purpose. Yay, protein! :D
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Was going to wear my black suit jacket today...put it on and it looks ridiculously big. Trousers were too big a while ago, looks like the top half is catching up (or is it down?)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!