Move-ember Challenge (Closed)

Options
123457»

Replies

• Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone was sent a invitation to join the group :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    So are we still updating here until next week? If not, I'll post this again on the Group.

1.) For this past week I was under my calorie for the week - only went over one day!
    2.) Worked out for 566 minutes, not including strength training!
    3.) I normally drink close to a gallon of water a day this one was pretty easy for me.
    4.) I think I remember checking in a couple times... but this week went by pretty fast I might not have.
    5.) I didn't lose any weight this week, but I updated the spreadsheet. However, I had my check-in at the gym after 12 weeks and my body fat (NSV ahead) went down by 4.2%! Woo-hoo!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    So are we still updating here until next week? If not, I'll post this again on the Group.

5.) I didn't lose any weight this week, but I updated the spreadsheet. However, I had my check-in at the gym after 12 weeks and my body fat (NSV ahead) went down by 4.2%! Woo-hoo!

lets start moving updates to the group :happy:
    but that is an awesome nsv :flowerforyou:
  • amiechann
    amiechann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm at 172 today, so I have only lost .2 lbs this week. I had one of those weeks where it was hard to keep up with everything because it was so hectic. It's not the best excuse, but I will definitely be looking back at this week to gauge where my areas of opportunity were :-)
  • lmifflin
    Options
    Well I am very happy, I not only got a new grandson last week, but I also managed to loose weight. That was a nice surprise being as I was not able to exercise at all last week. Must have been running around after a 4 and 5 year old.
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    Aww Congrats on the grandson AND the weight. I'm a nanny and I think "running around after child" should be in the database. The calories could be different depending on the age. The three year old I care for gives me a good burn :-P
    Well I am very happy, I not only got a new grandson last week, but I also managed to loose weight. That was a nice surprise being as I was not able to exercise at all last week. Must have been running around after a 4 and 5 year old.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Make sure we are all updating on the group threads now - sorry for the change and the confusion but everyone should have received an invite the group has multiple threads and ways to chat with each other :flowerforyou:
  • Janice1109
    Options
    Is this the group thread? I find it difficult to navigate around this site sometimes. I tried to update my walking ticker and the signature has disappeared for some reason.
  • tageekly
    Options
    Is this the group thread? I find it difficult to navigate around this site sometimes. I tried to update my walking ticker and the signature has disappeared for some reason.

The signature was removed - you can still access it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/signature - but you won't be able to post it unless you just add it to your profile.

Here's the group that was created and the check-ins are there. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/646-move-ember-challenge
  • lmifflin
    Options
    I haven't gotten in as much exercise this week as I normally do, it's getting to be that busy time of year. I'm hoping that all of the walking around shopping will make up for it. Have a good day everyone.:happy:
  • amiechann
    amiechann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Down to 171.9 today... not much from last week, but every incremental bit counts!
    Most of my issues stem from grabbing unhealthy convenient things to eat while taking care of the baby versus grabbing something healthy. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on healthier foods that are quick to fix.
    Next week I start back to work from my maternity leave, so I expect that should help me set a solid routine to get me back on track.

On a very positive note, I started pilates this week and I love it!

I hope everyone has had a great week!
  • Evenbetter
    Evenbetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about my progress this week. Next week will be a challenge. Some things I am doing to stay on track;:
    -I'm planning a Turkey Trot for my friends and family on Thanksgiving morning;
    -I am considering now how much holiday cheer I will engage in, (that is one of the worst culprits for sneaky calories);
    -pay attention to 'snacking' and grazing!;
    -stop eating when full.
    -Focus on my weigh in for next week.
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Enjoy your week!
  • lmifflin
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing good this week.....to all my American friends enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner, everyone will do fine. We have our Thanksgiving in October here in Canada and I was able to stay within my calories and I even managed to have a small piece of apple pie. So enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lmifflin
    Options
    Is anyone having problems logging their weight on the November challenge spread sheet, I keep trying but it keeps recording May 29 instead of my weight.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yes, Imifflin I've been trying to log weight since yesterday and it just gives me June 29, so I give up for a few hours then try again. Last time it happened it got fixed but I don't know how to do it.
  • tageekly
    Options
    The format of the cells was for date not number. I think I corrected it and mine entered fine. Try again and hopefully it'll work this time.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Oops! Thanks Tageekly,still can't update it yet.
  • Healthy_Shelley
    Healthy_Shelley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    164.2 pounds this week -- after Thanksgiving, I'll take even a small loss!
  • Evenbetter
    Options
    Motivated to stay on track through December, a most challenging month. Everyone's help, communication and consistency is a great help.
  • Evenbetter
    Options
    I've been remiss about logging in my food this week, AND my exercise that I have kept up on. But I am holding the line and staying at my weight. No weight gain from the extra "holiday indulgences" I've allowed myself lately! I usually am able to stay on track during the holidays, it's AFTER the holidays that I fall into that winter hum drum mood and become a couch potato. But I am anticipating not letting that happen this year with the help from all the support on My Fitness Pal.