Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Romanian
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Chicago gives me good reason to guess that you're North American, specifically from the United States.

:laugh:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Sexian... (Sexy + Asian) :P jk
  • Steve_FromThe_Rock
    Steve_FromThe_Rock Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    50% Greek and 50% American
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

*like* I'd say Brazilian,lol:flowerforyou: :love:
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Since apparently everyone in here fits the stereotype of how ignorant this generation is--SHE IS AMERICAN. Nationality refers to what citizenship she holds. Seriously, this is the 2nd time I've had to do this today.

Her ETHNICITY is a different question, probably the one she intended to ask. let's use examples for the kids! My father was born in mexico, and my mom was born in the US, her parents born in mexico. I was born here in the US. This makes my NATIONALITY American, my ethnicity-Mexican.
  • xLyric
    Options
    Since apparently everyone in here fits the stereotype of how ignorant this generation is--SHE IS AMERICAN. Nationality refers to what citizenship she holds. Seriously, this is the 2nd time I've had to do this today.

Her ETHNICITY is a different question, probably the one she intended to ask. let's use examples for the kids! My father was born in mexico, and my mom was born in the US, her parents born in mexico. I was born here in the US. This makes my NATIONALITY American, my ethnicity-Mexican.

Boo hoo, we're answering the question she meant to ask, not getting on our high horses to prove how smart we are.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh cute game! German?

Now guess mine, guess mine! :tongue:
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Boo hoo, we're answering the question she meant to ask, not getting on our high horses to prove how smart we are.

You beat me to it! lol
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options

No see that's the bigger problem. Knowing the difference between these two things does not make me smart. I never claimed to be smart at all. I do however, claim to be not an idiot and know BASIC things taught in schools. It's like being jeered for being a good person when all I did was pay my taxes.

Seeing my point here? You're SUPPOSED to know these things.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

BIG DEAL. We all knew what she meant to ask

Calm yourself xD It is just a fun little thread
  • xLyric
    Options

No see that's the bigger problem. Knowing the difference between these two things does not make me smart. I never claimed to be smart at all. I do however, claim to be not an idiot and know BASIC things taught in schools. It's like being jeered for being a good person when all I did was pay my taxes.

Seeing my point here? You're SUPPOSED to know these things.

Okay, I DO know the difference between nationality and ethnicity, most of the people in this thread probably do too, my point is, why be a *kitten* and point it out when the meaning behind the original post is obvious? Get over yourself.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options
    All these negative responses to my corrections are hilariously hypocritical on a FITNESS website. I am positive so many of you operate on an accountability mentality with your MFP friends. I seriously worry about the future when so many have no accountability for their friends or themselves when it comes to basic intelligence.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I know the difference between nationality and ethnicity. I was NOT born in the United States, therefore, my nationality is NOT American. I asked what I wanted to ask.

You guys are doing terrific with answering.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options
    your citizenship is American, that makes your nationality: American.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Would you just go to bed already? Sheesh.

No one guessed Swedish, so I'll go with that. :smile:
  • queenpushycat
    Options

*like* I'd say Brazilian,lol:flowerforyou: :love:

hahahaha :laugh:
  • queenpushycat
    Options

She said be creative :tongue:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    LMFAO I love this place.

I will guess that your ethnicity is German. I will probably not remember to come back to check this thread after a few minutes, though.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options
    Since I'm going to answer the original question, I'd guess your PLACE of birth is: czechoslovakia.