What nationality am I?

Options

Replies

• 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    How do you know she's not here on a green card?

I'm going to guess... Scotland. Why, I don't know... but that's my answer.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Polish. I win.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I know the difference between nationality and ethnicity. I was NOT born in the United States, therefore, my nationality is NOT American. I asked what I wanted to ask.

You guys are doing terrific with answering.

Awesome response. :D

I am going to guess that your nationality is Ukrainian. :) Am I close?
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    No green cards. I'm a citizen.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Options
    your citizenship is American, that makes your nationality: American.
    How exactly do you know that she's a citizen? My nationality is British-American and I live in the United States. Living here, and even having citizenship here does not cancel out the fact that I am also British. ;) She could be here on a visa. She could be a permanent resident without citizenship. You make too many assumptions for someone trying to prove their intellectual and/or logical superiority.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How exactly do you know that she's a citizen? My nationality is British-American and I live in the United States. Living here, and even having citizenship here does not cancel out the fact that I am also British. ;) She could be here on a visa. She could be a permanent resident without citizenship. You make too many assumptions for someone trying to prove their intellectual and/or logical superiority.

Conversation through a PM sent to me be OP.

You were saying something about false assumptions?
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian?
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I vote Italiana 100%
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options
    Also, survey just said: She's a citizen. Please, refrain from playing with big kids.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'll go with Iranian.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Options

Conversation through a PM sent to me be OP.

You were saying something about false assumptions?

Yes, and it still applies. Did you have this conversation with the OP before you said:
    Since apparently everyone in here fits the stereotype of how ignorant this generation is--SHE IS AMERICAN. Nationality refers to what citizenship she holds. Seriously, this is the 2nd time I've had to do this today.

Her ETHNICITY is a different question, probably the one she intended to ask. let's use examples for the kids! My father was born in mexico, and my mom was born in the US, her parents born in mexico. I was born here in the US. This makes my NATIONALITY American, my ethnicity-Mexican.
    ?

Because IF you said that before the OP informed you of her citizenship then my comment about you making assumptions absolutely still applies.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Options
    Also, survey just said: She's a citizen. Please, refrain from playing with big kids.

This in no way would affect what I said about you making assumptions IF you assumed she's a US citizen either before she told you she was or before she posted it in the forum. What was that about big kids?
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options
    Actually, I inferred rather than assumed. I took a huge chance on her saying she wasn't a citizen based on her profile's diction and personality displayed in a few short paragraphs. She talks (or types, whatever) like an American speaking English not otherwise. So while I took a chance, I was correct.

Since you had to take it this far, yes I did actually do all of that.
  • AggieLu
    Options
    This was supposed to be fun for everyone. I'm sorry for the drama that started as a result.
  • AggieLu
    Options
    Just curious, how does a non-American write?
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    Options
    Just curious, how does a non-American write?

They use a more formal English style. Not bad, not good, just different. I was not trying to incite or say any different style of English was better or worse, if that's what you were wondering.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    This was supposed to be fun for everyone. I'm sorry for the drama that started as a result.
    I was just about to post a "Dear Mods, please remove my original response to this so it no longer shows up in "My Topics."

I took it as fun. Apparently we both have learned a lesson.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing...Polish because you're from Chicago and we do have a large Polish population.
  • bklyng718
    bklyng718 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is fun:))....I am guessing Indian?
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post a "Dear Mods, please remove my original response to this so it no longer shows up in "My Topics."

I took it as fun. Apparently we both have learned a lesson.

Lol oh, it's same as youtube.