christmas gifts for men (ideas please!)

Replies

• Right, so... good "guy" gifts. Some guys like South Park... some guys like Thomas Pynchon. Hard to give suggestions with very little information about what he likes. But if he's into a churchwarden pipe, maybe you can get him a vintage looking pocketwatch or something in the same alt/retro style (whittlin' knife? leatherbound journal?)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    My husband of 15 years is a wonderful man, but I have yet to pick a gift for him that wasn't a flop. He does get into different historical periods and likes costumes. (Yes. I know he's crazy. He married me, didn't he?) Years ago it was a Pharoah costume. Then Roman soldier. Then Renaissance. Then Pirate. Now Colonial. Yes, it can get expensive. The last few years his "gift" for birthdays and Christmas has been to buy himself whatever costume or accessories his heart delights in without so much as a sideways glance from me.
    My point? Sometimes it's okay to let them pick it out themselves. Our approval of it is enough of a gift to please them.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    This would be a christmas gift I would never forget. =)

http://www.gotickets.com/sports/nfl/super_bowl.php
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Get him a Shaving Kit. Something with a badger hair brush, soap, a holder, and a cup for making hot lather. Google it, there are a lot of nice kits to buy online.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    My husband is always happy with tools.

He always gets a starbucks gift card along with a new travel mug and starbucks whole bean coffee.

I want to get him the new blue ray Star Wars movie.

Clothes are never lame.

I also always get him socks and underwear. I didn't last year and he was really disappointed. I couldn't beleive he was actually disappointed but he was. So this year, he is getting his socks and underwear.

A nice watch

Stocking stuffers for me this year will be hard since we are now living a healthy lifestyle. I usually get him specialty candies from places around here. I'll still get him one of 2 but that's all.

Oh. My husband loves beer (NOT a big drinker though) and this year I am going to get him a variety pack of specialy beers I saw at Sams. This will certainly be a hit with him
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I got mine a remote-controlled helicopter last year from Brookstone, and he was like a little kid...so excited! He still plays with it pretty often! (note...if you do this..buy the 'warranty' for like $5, because you can get a whole new one every time they crash & break it!).
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    An electric smoker. I have one that I use year round. Great and healthy way to cook.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    If you have a Gamestop near you, a subscription to their magazine, which also comes with a card that gives you 10% off on used games. Totally worth it. It will pay for itself in no time.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    my suggestions would be with such a tiny budget, buy yourself a real sexy piece of lingerie and buy some new bedroom toys and plan a romantic christmas morning with chocolate covered strawberries and champgne mimosa's in pretty wine glasses set up on the coffee table, some marvin sease dvd playing in the background (recommends the song candylicker to give him a clue) then give him a striptease show by the glow of the twinkling lights. Or simply let him unwrap you if you put ribbons and bows all over yourself. He would like that alot I bet.

for the rest of the money not sure what he likes but if he likes movies
    try the harry potter entire movie collection blue ray dvd gift set
    sports team fan hsn.com sells these sherpa fleece football throws which are 60x80 queen size omg so soft warm and amazing
    guys wont want clothing or socks or underwear, sorry your not mommy he can shop for himself.
    blue ray dvd player are under $100 and am sure they will have sales
    if he is into music maybe something to do with that, guitarist always need new pics and strings
    car wash gift certificate
    duncan donuts or other local place for a coffee gift card so he can get that on his way to work or home.
    sampler gift packs of things he likees, like gourmet coffees, hot sauces, garlic items, whatever he is into
    sports is always good, his fave team get him a new travel mug in that team logo, work badge lanyard in team logo
    if you get him clothing stick to the sports teams, guys can never have too many sports team shirts, jerseys, sweatsheets, tshirts or hoodies.
    buy him a gift of a basket of baked goods from several web sites that cater in adult pastries shaped in kinky things just google it.
    do not buy him things his Mommy would of ever bought him, you dont want a newly wed husband to confuse the two fo you in the least... let his mom kept sending him those items for christmas lol.

good luck and have a wonderful holiday season!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Honestly - I think you can skip the coupon book of "favors". Insteady buy 12 slutty lingerie outfits and tell him you've enrolled him in the Shag of the Month Club.

Also saves on marriage counseling.

:flowerforyou:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Anything electronic.
    Thinkgeek.com has some cool stuff.
    Give him cash then go out shopping with him so that he will spend it on what he wants.
    Kindle is great if he likes reading.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    You - naked, holding a beer, and a sammich = happiest man in the world. plus it's cheap ;)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    does he like beer? Bed, Bath & Beyond has a Mr. Beer home brew kit for about 30!

cool idea
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    You could still possibly go the video game route -- check out GameStop or someplace similar (or even Amazon, eBay, etc) to save money. My boyfriend and I buy most of our video games pre-owned (we are fairly new to gaming).

What about concert tickets or something similar?
    Magazine subscription?

If you want to go the practical route (underwear, socks, etc.), get higher quality than he would buy for himself. This doesn't have to be very expensive if you shop at places like TJ Maxx or keep your eyes peeled for sales.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,319 Member

I think that good "guy" gifts was a bad way to put it...perhaps I'm more into the guy stuff than he is. Tickets to the superbowl i would go crazy for him....not so much lol
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    If he likes video games, just get him the video game he wants! Yes, I know it's less than imaginative, but honestly you'll never get a bad response from a gamer, and often a far better one than something you consider thoughtful but he just doesn't want. Other than, you know, the whole not coming to bed at 2.30am because he just has to finish a level... :explode:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member

Mine got that last year. Now it's turning into an annual affair :grumble:
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    You - naked, holding a beer, and a sammich = happiest man in the world. plus it's cheap ;)

By far this is the best idea.
  • Honestly - I think you can skip the coupon book of "favors". Insteady buy 12 slutty lingerie outfits and tell him you've enrolled him in the Shag of the Month Club.

Also saves on marriage counseling.

:flowerforyou:

Hell. Yes.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,319 Member
    BTW the socks and underware are just because I feel like socks and underware are necessary in a stocking, they aren't really a "gift"....

I keep thinking of stuff that would be cool and then going "oh wait, i'm the one that wants that"