Women with or without make-up?

Options
124»

Replies

• twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    there are some women such as myself who wear makeup because of Vitiligo (yes, like Michael Jackson). and not only wear makeup but have to wear heavy opaque makeup as the condition leaves you with absolutely no pigment. The lightest makeup is not light enough for people with this condition. therefore, we end up wearing makeup that is darker and leaves a line of demarcation unless you put the makeup from forehead to shoulders! it is noticeable and i've had people stare at me because i have no color.

for those of you who prefer not to wear makeup, I applaud you. for those who do, hats off to you as well, but please I pray none of you judge a person who wears heavy makeup because you don't know what's underneath,

as you were!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I only started wearing makeup freshman year of college (I'm now a senior). Up until last year, I would only wear it once a week or so. I never felt bad about myself without makeup until I started wearing it (and now I do a little bit). But I only wear foundation, light eyeshadow and mascara, so it's not that much different but it makes me feel a lot better.