Options
13»

Replies

• krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    it isn't haunted

i dont think

I couldnt live somewhere haunted lol I think I would be jumping at every little noise haha..I already freak out a little to much over silly house noises =D
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I live in Nashville. Love it. Culture everywhere, balanced people (because nobody here is FROM here it seems.) I hate the weather in the south, but that's because I come from California (also known as the only place God would live.)

I love that every musician here has "don't you know who I think I am" syndrome. Makes it easy to mess with heads and take their gigs....

Are you a musician?

Culture is good keeps things interesting! Is it cold in southern Tennessee? its cold here lol I hate cold MN dont mind the summers tho

Yes, I'm a musician. It gets cold out here compared to what I'm used to. My buddy is originally from Edina, MN. When he complains about it being cold I ask what he remembers about MN winters. He says "human beings shouldn't live in that weather" and ceases to complain. Hah.

Haha true statement humans shouldnt live in that lol..last year i swear the snow got taller then me lol. Are you in a band? Lol i always wanted to learn how to play the drums but never got to it...

Not allowed to advertise in forums apparently, but I am in a band that happens to be at www.koriandermusic.com but the FB page...facebook.com/koriandermusic is better kept up with.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I love living in IL except when the snow gets bad. We have all 4 seasons. This fall was one of the best EVER!!!!! I love the midwest values. I live in the NW burbs of Chicago now, so I'm close enough to the city (or even Milwaukee) that I can partake of all the wonderful food and arts available. I live in Lake County, so there are lots of farms, open spaces and forest preserves. When the weather is nice I take a 10 minute drive and ride my bike at one of the most beautiful forest preserves!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Nothing :p I grew up in MN where for fun we would drive around one of the lakes in the town and travel the 15 minutes to Spamtown to visit Target (exciting!) Now I live in IL and I refuse to leave the house because I hate all the traffic and the drivers and there is no nature. Just overpriced suburb crap and unfriendly people.

My friend recently moved away after having lived in the Chicagoland area her whole life and she was shocked that there are actually friendly people out there.

Though, I'm sure I'd hate it no matter where I lived :p
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I grew up in MN, left 20 yrs ago. I love the seasons, the lakes, the forest/trees, and of course my family. I live in UT now about 40 miles from Salt Lake City. It's beautiful here as well. I love the mountains!!! And we have seasons. It is a desert, so its not so humid in summer. It gets cold but not extreme like a MN winter. I got married in MN, the day after Christmas, it was -50* with the wind chill. But that's want I miss most....the colder temps :)

Also home is where your heart is <3
  • collyllama
    Options
    I love it here in Chattanooga, TN. There's so much to do; people are friendly... it's a great place for kids, and (having lived in Minnesota) the cost of living PALES in comparison. :)

Is it warm there?

We're expecting a high of 70 today. It does get colder... we'll have periods of 10-15 degree days, but not for long. Summers tend to be pretty nasty though... 100+ for most of the summer. But it's a nice place.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    About the place you live. I feel like I really need a change I have lived here my entire life (Minnesota) and theres been alot of not nice things that have occured. And I just want to go take a vacation or something maybe even move if it would work out thats just really hard to do on my own with 2 kids.

I just moved from Minneapolis to London, England! It's so awesome here!! i love it! You can walk into any pub at the weekend and it's a brilliant night. From a young single woman's perspective, it's a great place to be. Always something to do.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I live in La Vista, Nebraska, which is a suburb of Omaha. Grew up in another nearby suburb, moved to Fredericksburg, VA when I was 14, then moved back here 2 years later.

I love living here. It's low crime, people are very nice, and the cost of living is low compared to most other places. And no, I don't live in the middle of a cornfield. We just bought a home with 1600 finished square feet in an established neighborhood for $116k.

Omaha is the base for many companies call center offices etc. I work for the Corporate consumer affairs office for a major upscale hotel company. Our economy is fine and there are jobs aplenty...we didn't get hit hard by the recession.

There's also a plethora of great hospitals to choose from (in VA, there was ONE hospital in the area), great schools (I love the district my kids are in), and no shortage of grocery stores, shopping, etc. Traffic isn't bad either, and is a breeze compared to driving in Northern VA. A traffic 'jam' here is everyday business in VA.

I think I'll probably end up dying here too LOL.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Looooooove Austin. It's not too big, not too small. Love the weirdos, the music, the festivals, the hills, the trees, how everybody is outside, there are so many trails/hikes, so many activities going on all the time. I love how friendly everybody is.

I just love love love it here.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

- I really don't think folks are all that nice here. I think it's a misconception about the "Midwest being sugar and candy sweet." -- at least in this area it's not true. I'm originally from the DC area so I'm experienced with "attitude."

I always thought it was weird that IL, IN, Ohio, etc were all considered mid west. I think where I live is more accurate 'midwest' since we're literally halfway in between the east and west coast (I live in Nebraska). People here are a LOT nicer than people on the coasts. I lived in VA, and working for a major hotel company lets me talk to people from all over, and some of the nastiest people I talk to are from the coasts (california and New york specifically).