Making the Cut---Jillian Michaels

Options
Hey there!

Has anyone read/implemented Jillian Michael's book: Making the Cut? What are your thoughts on it????

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Has anyone read/implemented Jillian Michael's book: Making the Cut? What are your thoughts on it????
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Read it: didn't implement it. It's for the last stubburn 20lbs.
  • jsonnett02
    Options
    Hey there!

I have read it. I took exercises from it, but haven't done her routine YET. I haven't followed the eating plan either. I am planning on following it completely either March or April, but I agree with a lot that she says. It is for the final few stubborn pounds that won't come off. BUT she also says you need to be in pretty good shape, working out regularly before doing it. The workouts are intense and will definately kick your booty. That's why I am giving myself a couple months to get into peak form before doing it. Are you planning on doing it or read it??
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I have read it. I took exercises from it, but haven't done her routine YET. I haven't followed the eating plan either. I am planning on following it completely either March or April, but I agree with a lot that she says. It is for the final few stubborn pounds that won't come off. BUT she also says you need to be in pretty good shape, working out regularly before doing it. The workouts are intense and will definately kick your booty. That's why I am giving myself a couple months to get into peak form before doing it. Are you planning on doing it or read it??

That's good to know. That's where I am right now and not getting ANYWHERE. Sounds like I need to concentrate on getting in better shape and then maybe try her food and exercise plan. Good info, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I had the book for 2 months before I actually decided to try it. I tried it for 2 weeks. I changed some of the food, because I am a picky eater. But I tried to follow the plan as best I could. I was afraid of feeling drepirved, because it is very clean eating. And I'm sorry, but I have to have something sweet here and there. So I messed up a little, freaking out about the whole deprivation thing. But I got over that within a couple of days. I think it is a good plan, but it can be hard. I didn't really like the workout routine very well. Mainly because I can't remember what all the moves are. I felt like I was doing some of them incorrectly. But I have learned a lot from that book, and I am implementing some of it in my current plan.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hey there!

That's where I'm at...trying to lose those last stubborn pounds...I think I'm going to go for it in March, after I do her "Shred" dvd for about a month. Then I think I can handle it maybe by then. It all makes sense in theory..that;s why I'm curious about what those who have done it think. I'm kinda like hwilliams519...I need a treat here and there, or I will totally blow the whole thing off.

Anyone else got thoughts to share on this book/program???

That's good to know. That's where I am right now and not getting ANYWHERE. Sounds like I need to concentrate on getting in better shape and then maybe try her food and exercise plan. Good info, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Any other "Making the Cut" vetrans out there???
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I had the book for 2 months before I actually decided to try it. I tried it for 2 weeks. I changed some of the food, because I am a picky eater. But I tried to follow the plan as best I could. I was afraid of feeling drepirved, because it is very clean eating. And I'm sorry, but I have to have something sweet here and there. So I messed up a little, freaking out about the whole deprivation thing. But I got over that within a couple of days. I think it is a good plan, but it can be hard. I didn't really like the workout routine very well. Mainly because I can't remember what all the moves are. I felt like I was doing some of them incorrectly. But I have learned a lot from that book, and I am implementing some of it in my current plan.

How much did you modify the food? I've been lookign at it a little more and thinking that I probably could do this...and which metabolizer are you?
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mickie! I'm also considering starting "Making the Cut" soon. I've read thru the book and feel I can manage the meal plan. The exercise routine looks daunting:noway: , but I need something to get me to my goal! I wonder about a few meal substitutions and why diet hot chocolate and lo-carb shakes are on the menu. Any ideas? Also, I'm diong this from home so don't have access to an apparatus for dips or chin-ups. I plan to start this around 2/21. Are you still going to do it?

April:smile:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I noticed someone at my gym doing the exercises from that book. We talked about it. She said it was easy to follow and actually liked the meal plan, but didn't stick to it 100%. She was on the routine for the second time...had lost 20 lbs for her wedding which was about a month away at the time.

The work out looked do-able, but I can see if you are not in shape how tough it would be.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hi, Mickie! I'm also considering starting "Making the Cut" soon. I've read thru the book and feel I can manage the meal plan. The exercise routine looks daunting:noway: , but I need something to get me to my goal! I wonder about a few meal substitutions and why diet hot chocolate and lo-carb shakes are on the menu. Any ideas? Also, I'm diong this from home so don't have access to an apparatus for dips or chin-ups. I plan to start this around 2/21. Are you still going to do it?

April:smile:

I think I'm going to go for it and start next week. I can't do chin-ups either at home...but dips, we should be able to do from a chair...if they ar the ones I'm thinking of. I'm going to grocery store this weekend, and I'm going to go ahead and focus on her meal plan. Which Metabolizer are you?

Diet Hot chocolate, lo crd shakes...I bet that's for when we just need a chocolate fix. I have Swiss Miss Sugar-free in my cupboards...I can barely tell the difference.. (especialy with a little peppermeint schnap's init!!! hA!!! LOL) :laugh:

Keep me posted on what you plan to do...maybe we can stay in touch and share tips???

M
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I noticed someone at my gym doing the exercises from that book. We talked about it. She said it was easy to follow and actually liked the meal plan, but didn't stick to it 100%. She was on the routine for the second time...had lost 20 lbs for her wedding which was about a month away at the time.

The work out looked do-able, but I can see if you are not in shape how tough it would be.

Hey there...good info, thanks!!! Did that gal think she'd need to stay on this for life? Or what did she think might happen when she's done? That, I think, is my only BIG concern right now. I actually lost a bunch of weight on South Beach many years ago, but the second I stopped it all came back, plus 10 more...I cannot afford to do that again...so that's why I'm wondering.
  • Gert
    Gert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought the book and am thinking of starting it this month. I've been working out hard core and am not getting the results I want to lose the last few. I would love to hear if anyone else has had success with the program.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Gert-Have you tried her 30 Day Shred dvd? It's pretty good. I think I'm going start the meal plan Sunday...and keep doing her 30 Day Shred for the next month, because it kicks your booty! Then do another 30 day round with the both the meal plan and the exercises in her book.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    There's a few thoughts on the book on this thread as well. Also there's a Jillian vs. Bob thread where some shared regarding the book as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38967-anyone-read-this-book-by-jillian-michaels

Hope something there applies to what you're looking for:flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    There's a few thoughts on the book on this thread as well. Also there's a Jillian vs. Bob thread where some shared regarding the book as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38967-anyone-read-this-book-by-jillian-michaels

Thanks so much F_C....you rock!!! Great info. :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thanks so much F_C....you rock!!! Great info. :smile:
    :flowerforyou: thanks Mickie:wink:
  • aprilvet
    Options
    Mickie,

I'm going to start in a few weeks. Since no alcohol, want to get past my bday on the 14th before I tackle the diet. Although I work out with a trainer once a week, I want to make sure I'm up on all of the exercises before I start. I'd love to have a "buddy" on this journey! Have my 20th anniversary w/hubby in April and want to weigh what I did then!:bigsmile:

April
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Mickie,

I'm going to start in a few weeks. Since no alcohol, want to get past my bday on the 14th before I tackle the diet. Although I work out with a trainer once a week, I want to make sure I'm up on all of the exercises before I start. I'd love to have a "buddy" on this journey! Have my 20th anniversary w/hubby in April and want to weigh what I did then!:bigsmile:

April

Oh my gosh! I've been thinking along those same lines...I'm glad you admitted that! So I'm going to a Crab Feed Saturday night, then gonig off the wagon for, GULP, 60 days!!!! I'm not so sure I can do that part. I like to have my wine with dinner, especially on the weekends. So, we'll see how well that goes???? :laugh: I'm figuring on the first 30 days to be a "practice run through." :laugh: I've got my store list ready to go and everything!!!

My DH is awfully quiet about all th fish we'll be eating...I told him this morning that he's welcome to eat whatever he wants...but of course, he he said he would, he knows he's look like a jerk...so I think he's being silently miserable about this whole thing. How's your husband with all of this?
  • aprilvet
    Options
    Well, although my husband will eat anything and could lose a few pounds himself, I'm starting this plan while he's away for a week! LOL:wink: If it's going well, I'll just tell him his fate for the next 3 weeks!:devil: