Comic Books?!

Options

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love the Sandman comics (Neil Gaiman is my secret crush). If I could cosplay I would definitely dress up as Death. I also love Hellblazer. I have a dear friend who is a comic book author/publisher and his comic series is called Trouble Point (available internationally) Check it out!
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I got my daughter into the James Patterson "Witch & Wizard" series. She loves graphic art and has been making comic strips since she was little. She's all of 10 now and loves going to the comic book store. Gotta grow up a nerdette right!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I love cosplay/Anime :-)
  • JDviant
    JDviant Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty normal for chicks to read comics.

Doesn't make it any less nerdy, though. I'm obsessed with Marvel comics and only a few from DC (Batman & Superman- rarely will read though). My favorites are the Taskmaster mini series and every single comic Deadpool is in. Lol.

I've only read the first six issues of Deadpool MAX, but I really enjoyed it. Kyle Baker's art is not for everyone, but I love the style he uses here, especially when the gore bursts out. It just strangely fits. The Joe Kelly run was also really enjoyable.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    I'm reading the latest Walking Dead TPB now and picked up Pendragon Vol. 1.

It's AWESOME isn't it?

Did someone say walking dead?

zombieme.jpg

Yep, that's me as a zombie :-)
  • JDviant
    Options
    I got my daughter into the James Patterson "Witch & Wizard" series. She loves graphic art and has been making comic strips since she was little. She's all of 10 now and loves going to the comic book store. Gotta grow up a nerdette right!

Have you gotten her Bone? GREAT fantasy series. Entire run, 50+ issues, are all in one volume, for $25 or so on Amazon. It's one of the best comic deals ever.

I'm referring to the b&w edition. There's a hc colour edition for $100, but it was originally bw anyway so you're not missing anything in the cheaper softcover.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I think it's pretty normal for chicks to read comics.

Doesn't make it any less nerdy, though. I'm obsessed with Marvel comics and only a few from DC (Batman & Superman- rarely will read though). My favorites are the Taskmaster mini series and every single comic Deadpool is in. Lol.

I've only read the first six issues of Deadpool MAX, but I really enjoyed it. Kyle Baker's art is not for everyone, but I love the style he uses here, especially when the gore bursts out. It just strangely fits. The Joe Kelly run was also really enjoyable.

Have you read Wade Wilsons War or PULP? Deadpool cracks me up... I love when Taskmaster and Deadpool are together too

395424_3027778941989_1488289020_3009430_529581763_n.jpg

*nerdgasm*
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm married to Deadpool. Really. Hubby's name is Wade Wilson. :heart: I told him Ryan Reynolds has nothing on him. :love:
    Our "spare" room is his comic book room...heavy duty shelving full of boxes, more boxes on the floor, figures on top of the boxes...and more figures in the shed (I made him put away all his Spawn figures until the kids are older...some of those are fricking creepy! Oh, and the Danger Girl figures are out of sight of innocent little eyes too. :tongue: )
    We're definitely more of a Marvel family. The three older kids even know who their X-Men "alter-egos" are...Katie is Kitty Pryde, Alex is Havoc and Emma is Emma Frost. :laugh:
    Hubby's favorites are Thor in the Marvel Universe and Green Lantern for DC.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I'm married to Deadpool. Really. Hubby's name is Wade Wilson. :heart: I told him Ryan Reynolds has nothing on him. :love:
    Our "spare" room is his comic book room...heavy duty shelving full of boxes, more boxes on the floor, figures on top of the boxes...and more figures in the shed (I made him put away all his Spawn figures until the kids are older...some of those are fricking creepy! Oh, and the Danger Girl figures are out of sight of innocent little eyes too. :tongue: )
    We're definitely more of a Marvel family. The three older kids even know who their X-Men "alter-egos" are...Katie is Kitty Pryde, Alex is Havoc and Emma is Emma Frost. :laugh:

OMG!! *jealous and now googling for another Wade Wilson in the world* lol.. so cool.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    OMG!! *jealous and now googling for another Wade Wilson in the world* lol.. so cool.

You gotta make sure he's from Canada, though!!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Omg, that's perfect. I didn't realize how many Wade Wilsons there actually were haha. Too bad theyre all not legal from what I've found! Lmao. I always said I'm gonna name my son "Cable", just cause >_>
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I heart your family.
  • JDviant
    Options
    Have you read Wade Wilsons War or PULP? Deadpool cracks me up... I love when Taskmaster and Deadpool are together too

Not yet, but thats because I've drifted away from most modern Marvel and DC books lately, and have been catching up on stuff from when I was a youngster in the 80's and 90's :)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options

Omg, that's perfect. I didn't realize how many Wade Wilsons there actually were haha. Too bad theyre all not legal from what I've found! Lmao. I always said I'm gonna name my son "Cable", just cause >_>

No joke: when I was pregnant with #4, we actually consulted the Marvel Encyclopedia when trying to figure out her name. She ended up with Isabelle, though, and hubby is still trying to find a comic book connection.
  • JDviant
    Options

I knew a girl with that name, Melissa Cable or something, and I REFUSED to ever call her by her first name lol
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Not yet, but thats because I've drifted away from most modern Marvel and DC books lately, and have been catching up on stuff from when I was a youngster in the 80's and 90's :)

How dare you. When you get a chance, look at his Team-Ups. ESPECIALLY the one with Thor, it cracked me up. Also, I'd like to add, whenever I read his comics- I ALWAYS read it in Nolan North's (guy who did his voice in Marvel Vs. Capcom & Richtofen from Black Ops).
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Two words: The Boys

Seriously the best comic series I have come across in years!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

No joke: when I was pregnant with #4, we actually consulted the Marvel Encyclopedia when trying to figure out her name. She ended up with Isabelle, though, and hubby is still trying to find a comic book connection.

Awww... Why wasn't I born into your family >_< That's perfect, lol. I want to legally change my daughter's name now rofl. Her name's Kaylee, yeah insignificant to Marvel :(
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    Personally I'm in love with Gambit and Deadpool

You are a girl after my own heart.
  • JDviant
    Options
    Two words: The Boys

Seriously the best comic series I have come across in years!

While I haven't read that, Ennis Punisher MAX and Hellblazer were good, and Preacher maybe my all-time favourite series (def top 10)