diet cokes...what's ur view??

Options
someone commented on one of my posts about diet cokes and them not being good for, what's your view and are you for or against?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    For, totally.

Diet coke does not make you fat, hinder weight loss etc. Eating too may calories does that.

There is no solid evidence of Aspartame being "harmful" in moderate amounts. It's a great way of saving calories, and works like a charm for me. Scaremongers gonna .... well, scare, tbh.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I like Dr. Pepper so I started drinking Diet Dr. Pepper. I really like it! So I tried the Cherry Diet Dr. Pepper and love it. It sure does keep me away from Sonic's Rt 44 Cherry Cokes that have about 1M calories!! As with anything, moderation is key, and make sure you are drinking more water than soda.

Coke Zero is okay, had one of those recently when the Dr. Pepper was unavailable.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    As everything else....in moderation...I do drink a diet soda here and there, however my MAIN liquid intake should be and is just plain water! :)
  • osnapitzbri
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing! i know it contains chemicals that are harmful to your body.... or at least that's what i am told. But i drink a few cups a week.:tongue:
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a ton of diet coke and always felt sluggish.. As soon as I gave up fake sweetners I instantly started feeling healthier and more energetic... Lab made stuff that in large doses can slowly poison you shouldn't be consumed very often at all but that is just my opinion. As always I say live and let live :)
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    As everything else....in moderation...I do drink a diet soda here and there, however my MAIN liquid intake should be and is just plain water! :)

Why should it be plain water? I never drink plain water, and I've never felt stronger, fitter, better. I get my water from plenty of other sources, which is all that matters.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet coke with splenda.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Love 'em! But, I did have to cut back. My problem is with the acid. Was giving me problems with my esophagus.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Totally for...

I used to be dead set against soda pop in general, but it's been a godsend to me.... I love the different flavors, they help satisfy cravings without adding calories and the weight loss I've achieved more than offsets any possible health risks associated with pop.

Also, for my own experience, drinking a half can of pop BEFORE I eat, makes me feel fuller faster and I don't miss the larger portions :)
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    I used to drink a ton of diet coke and always felt sluggish.. As soon as I gave up fake sweetners I instantly started feeling healthier and more energetic... Lab made stuff that in large doses can slowly poison you shouldn't be consumed very often at all but that is just my opinion. As always I say live and let live :)

Shows you had an adverse reaction to it then. Most of us don't get said adverse reaction. Large does...i.e. far more than we could actually manage to consume. Poison is a strong word.
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is the nector of the Gods!! I LOVE IT!
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you drink! If you're drinking more diet soda than water, I don't think it's good for you.

I don't think that it hinder weight loss, but have you ever seen the video of someone pouring diet soda on a rusty car battery to erode the rust!? Imagine what that's doing to your stomach!!!

Soda -- diet or not,leaves me bloated and feeling sick!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it because I don't like it. If I liked it, I would.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i drink a diet dr. pepper, diet cocke or fresca about twice a week. 99% of my liquid is water. I think if done in moderation, anything is OK.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Against, personally I cut all pop out. I will sip on ginger ale when I'm sick, but that's about it.

All about Aspartame which is in your diet pop: http://aspartame.mercola.com/
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm for them. I even have an "I :heart: Diet Coke" t-shirt.

The only reason to avoid diet soda would be if you have a bad reaction or if you are one of those people that gets cravings from artificial sweeteners. If you don't have those problems, enjoy it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't like Diet Coke, either. But I love Diet Dr Pepper.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Technically speaking there isn't any nutrition in it other than water so it isn't good for you there and depending on your views of man-made chemicals it may or may not hurt you. I used to be a Pepsi addict and my wife was a diet Coke addict. When we finally gave those up all our heartburn went away. We used to go through a big bottle of antacid a month. Latest bottle has been in the cabinet for 4 months and still over half full. I have one vice left I refuse to give up on and that is my coffee with real heavy cream in it. Everybody should have one fairly safe vice, if diet coke is your one vice hang onto it. If you think you can live without it, give it a try. Build an eating habit you can live with for the rest of your life.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't like Diet Coke, either. But I love Diet Dr Pepper.
    Me too.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    DP for me!