FIT LIFE CHALLENGE - REVAMPED (CLOSED) Week 8

Options

Replies

• PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Evening check in :happy: Hard day today... couldn't get full..stomach growling most of the day! Ate veggies, pop corn, string cheese etc. I didn't plan to work out...but took the dog for a mile of hills and burned alittle. Gone over today...having a glass of wine...which I should have skipped, but I have the Thursdays.....meaning the weekend is almost here!!!!

I am so excited there are so many of you checking in!!! I hope the rest remember to check in tomorrow for weigh in:bigsmile:

Have a Good Night!!!!! You guys are kicking butt!!!!!!
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So had a nice food day yesterday - Grilled portabella with grilled onion, slimcado, and hummus for dinner - yum! Today, not so good! Ran all day, meetings, appts., my son's school conferences - on the run and didn't want to hit the fast food so ate fruit and veggies in the car - when I finally got home too tuckered out to cook, had a lovely salad but didn't want to eat a huge load of food to catch up! Tomorrow is my hubby's b-day so will be eating out and having a smidge of cake so I think it will even out! Drinking my water now and hitting the sack early! 3 day weekend :love:
  • monet13
    Options
    Also, thanks for the info on the HRM!
  • monet13
    Options
    How much do the HRM's run? Do you have to order them or is there someplace you can find them in a store? Already got my 8 cups of water in today :) Don't know if I'm gonna get the exercise in as I've got sinus problems and a sore throat :( Hope everyone is having a good day :heart:

Check out Amazon for Polar Heart Monitor. You will need the watch and the chest strap. I have a basic one and is more than enough. You are probably looking at about $100.00 between the watch and strap. I would look at used ones - I bought a used one and I've had it for 5 years now.
    They say the battery should be changed by an authorized Polar center .... I just went to Battery Plus and changes for 5 bucks versus about 40 I needed to mail in the watch and get the battery changed.
    Good luck and this is an investment worth making!

Loredana
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Today has been a really great day! I tried on a dress just for funsies and it fit WITHOUT a spanx on! YAY! Had a great day food wise, too! Did just want I wanted to do as far as eating, including my green smoothie! It was actually REALLY good with the spinach, so I ended up getting 4 servings of veggies today and two of fruit! Oh, and I did get some exercise in, as well as 10 glasses of water! See y'all in the morning for weigh-in!
  • monet13
    Options
    So - how comfortable is the chest strap on the HRM? My husband seems to think it will be annoying to wear - where does it sit? inside your bra band? over it? Saw a bra with built in when I looked on Amazon - but the sizes did not go very big - only up to a 32 -34 C or 38B - definitely not large enough for me! Before I make the investment, want to make sure it is something I will use - Thanks!
  • Guerita83
    Options
    Hello members!!! Did not wake up sore, which I dont know if thats good or bad, but either way I know Im in for a good workout with my trainer on Monday :ohwell: ...woke up this morning and could move around perfectly so headed to Zumba class for an hour, which I enjoy tremendously!!!!!!! The instructor is amazing and really really works us till dripping sweat, love it!! Tomorrow I'll be attending Turbo Kick for an hour and with that rest on Saturday :happy: or maybe NOT we'll see :bigsmile: ...Its amazing to read all the successes, advice and support of the members, its so appreciated, thanks guys!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mdorman8313
    Options
    So - how comfortable is the chest strap on the HRM? My husband seems to think it will be annoying to wear - where does it sit? inside your bra band? over it? Saw a bra with built in when I looked on Amazon - but the sizes did not go very big - only up to a 32 -34 C or 38B - definitely not large enough for me! Before I make the investment, want to make sure it is something I will use - Thanks!

I wore it for the first time and I was also concerned that it would bug me. It didn't at all; I put it right below my bra, and I didn't even know it was there. Of course, we girls are used to having a band across our chest, so it was nothing different! ;) I saw those bras as well, but I was like you: now way I could wear one of those sizes yet! Let me know if you have anymore q's! :)
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Read this on another thread....thought I would share it with the group. Really good info here!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392156-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calories
  • Belinda_81
    Belinda_81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

My first weigh in on MFP I have been using this site since Sunday and today I weigh 198lbs so 5lbs loss from last week :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a good weight in today
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So, shoulder/neck area is still tender but I worked out yesterday and it didn't seem to effect it so now I wish I had worked out on Wednesday. Current weight is 153.3 so 1.9lbs lost, yay!

Merlk- Congrats on an amazing day! Wish I had a better experience with the green smoothie, I will check your diary to see what I may have missed when I made mine. :wink: If you have any tips let me know!

Katcena- Thanks for the sharing the eating your calories article, the research Banks put into this is insightful and can help us all.

Belinda_81- Great weigh-in! Keep up the awesome work!

Hope everyone has a great Friday! :flowerforyou:
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Weigh in time. 159.2:bigsmile: That's a loss of 1.8. I am so excited I cannot tell you the last time my scale was in the 140's:laugh:
    I never sent my measurements
    Bust 37.5
    Hips 40.75
    arms 14
    thighs 21.5
    waist 37
    I am ready to exercise full speed ahead now and lo0se my last 10:flowerforyou:
  • mommyjeans
    Options
    Good job everyone for losing weight this week! I am staying strong at 155lbs... no weight lost, BUT no weight gained!
  • mdorman8313
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! :)

I'm happy to report that my scale, for the first time in over a year and a half, my number did NOT start with a 3!!! I weighed in at 299.8! (close, but still, it's a 2!!!) That puts my total weight loss for this week at 3.6lbs! I'm SOOO happy! Hope everyone has a great Friday; I'm off to fix my breakfast!
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hi guys!!

sorry i havent been around lately - just been rushed off my feet and wanting to veg after work with a migraine. :glasses: my migraine seems to be getting better - thankfully! so i am planning a nice long walk tomorrow and an afternoon of shopping and my exercise dvd in the morning! thats the plan any way! :laugh: it may not work out that way. going to see what my weigh in is tomorrow and maybe treat myself to a nught in front of the tv with a really cheesy/girly film. :happy:

keep up the good wrok guys!

:smooched:
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Had to share this today.

THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced God,
    Which must always come to pass.
    He hoped his shoes were shining,
    Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
    How shall I deal with you ?
    Have you always turned the other cheek ?
    To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
    'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
    Because those of us who carry guns,
    Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
    And at times my talk was tough.
    And sometimes I've been violent,
    Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
    That wasn't mine to keep...
    Though I worked a lot of overtime,
    When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
    Though at times I shook with fear.
    And sometimes, God, forgive me,
    I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
    Among the people here.
    They never wanted me around,
    Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
    It needn't be so grand.
    I never expected or had too much,
    But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
    Where the saints had often trod.
    As the soldier waited quietly,
    For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
    You've borne your burdens well.
    Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
    You've done your time in Hell.'

Author Unknown~

Don't Break This - Without Apology

It's the Military, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It's the Military, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It's the Military, not the politicians that ensures our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

If you care to offer the smallest token of recognition and appreciation for the military, please pass this on and pray for our men and women who have served and are currently serving our country and pray for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! Well I have to get ready for work so no time for too much chit chat......Changed my pic to introuduce you to my daughter!!!! :happy:

Regarding the HRM it fits at the bra line..my bras fit right over the strap. the only time it is an issue is if it is too tight. I find it just fine.

You guys are doing so great...I see a very happy New Years in our future! I guess today is a challenging day....since I am sad to say I have a gain!!! I want to be sure I always do or keep up with what ever I ask you to do.....but this week something must have caught up with me. The last thing I wanted on our first week of this great revamped group is a gain!!! But I am going to let it go and move on! WE have to remember there are always ups and downs and we just have to push through!!!!! You will see a loss next week:bigsmile:

I will be back later - CW 184.3

Have a great day!!!!!!:heart:
  • april1126
    april1126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!
    First weigh in I lost 2 lbs very happy I am heading in the right directions.hope everyone has a great day
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just did my weigh in and I came in at 212.5 lbs, which is a 3 lb loss this week!! I think I'm finally getting in a groove, woohoo!

Now time to go on a run.
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello there - great job you guys!! I see weight loss everywhere!! This group really works!
    I was bummed out this morning - I weighed at 165.0 which is a gain of 0.5# from my last week. It must be water weight or something because for the past 2 days I weighted at 163.5 which is 1# loss from last week. But since I record only on Fridays, this is my official weight for this week.
    I am getting annoyed with this weight. I have been hovering at 164.5 - 165.5 for about a month now. With the holidays coming, I am getting anxious. But, the only thing I can do is keep going. There is no turning back. Even if it takes me twice as long as I thought it would, I will keep pushing.

Anyway, finally made it to the gym this morning. I started going to this class - CXWorks. It's a 30min core class from the Les Mills series. It's 30 minutes of HELL. Even the instructor has a hard time talking through the class because it gets intense. But it's a great reminder that I can't forget about the core .... never pay attention to that part just because I dread working it. I always think that I am swimming and running so I must get a lot of core workout, but it's not quite like that. This morning was the proof.
    I ran 3 miles afterwards on the treadmill and did my own intervals. Running can be such a lonely, boring experience. So I started increasing my speed every minute for 5 minutes then go back to a base speed for recovery. I did that 3 times and after that I would increase my speed by 10 steps, run my heart out for a minute and recover for 3 at the base speed. It felt good at the end.

Tomorrow I have my second photoshoot with a newborn. For those who don't know it yet, I am an aspiring photographer in my free time. I took this girl's maternity pictures 3 weeks ago and now the baby is a week old :) Can't wait ... I am a little nervous. I get completly emotional around newborns. All that purity is just overwhelming for me.

Keep loggin in and give us your weight today so I can update the stats.

Happy Friday!

Loredana