What size pants do you wear?

Options

Replies

• IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Exactly one year ago today, I was in a 20W (or 22W, depending on the cut), and weighed 201 pounds at 5'2". Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would hit my goal of a size 12.

I'm now down to 127 pounds, and a size 4P/6P in pants... so much for that initial goal! :)
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 193, and was beginning to fill out my size 16's. I am now 172 and my 14's are fitting nicely, with some too loose. I can also fit into some of my junior sized clothes..mostly 13's.

I've never really set a size goal...I've always worn bigger sizes, even when I was a smaller person. At 130, I think I was still a size 7/8 in pants.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've gone from size 22 down to size 2.

WOWO!! that's amazing!!
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was a 14 a month ago, now I'm a 12. I went shopping last week for jeans and couldn't find any that fit 'right' I tried a 12 and they were too loose, and a 10 was too tight. I bought the 10 and intend to fit into comfortably by Christmas.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 8 but the frustrating things is I lost 20 lbs and only went down one pant size. I wanted to wear a size 6. Could be the strength training
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was a US size 20, 3 months ago. I put on a pair of 14's this morning. Last time I wore a 14, I was 12 years old. Hooray!
  • deballison
    deballison Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! When I started December 11, 2010, I was wearing a Women's 24. I'm 5' 6" My goal weight is 150. Seven pounds to go. I never thought about my clothes size, but have been buying smaller and smaller sizes every couple of months. Only because I didn't want to walk aroung in baggy clothes, plus my friends were telling me I wasn't looking good in the larger sizes. The first time I got into a size 12, I came out of the dressing room crying. A couple weeks ago my husband took me shopping again and I bought size 10 petite. I don't remember ever wearing a size 10!! Smallest size I remember was 12 and that was before my first child was born over 27 years ago. I know MFP works and tout it every time someone asks how I'm losing weight.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    First thing; "Congratulations!" Second I am really not looking to burst any bubbles but the garment industry here in the U.S. lies... I was wearing a 36" waist when I originated my fitness journey but my actual waist measurement was 39” and when I measured pants the waist was 38” with give for comfort… I then measured all my pants and found that the 36” or 34" tag was just that… a tag. The measurements were always 2 to 3 inches more than the tag indicated. I am not sure how it relates to women’s clothing but I had a girl friend that once told me that when she got to a 6 she couldn’t fit in the sixes that she wore when she was younger (she threw nothing away) so I believe the American clothing industry is padding the numbers and making the sizes larger as to not hurt our egos.
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    9 .... i have to take them off with swiver peeler tho :( .... oh and im 5'7''
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    When I started in January, I was wearing a size 18 pants. That was back at 278. I have SOME pairs of 18 that don't fit at all, but the tighter ones that I've gotten from Old Navy kind of cling to my legs, but slide off my butt... if that makes a lick of sense. I have a size 16 pair that I haven't squeezed into lately, though I should give them a try.I've been wearing sweats since I was forced to give away all but maybe two pairs of my jeans. It almost feels like I'm trapped between clothing sizes.
  • jmcm1985
    Options
    42 at my heighest droped to 36. At 38 currently.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    32 atm. Last year I wore 34 but when I started lifting in Sept/Oct of last year my measurement around the navel was 39".

Now I'm 33". Feelsgoodman.jpg

I never got to 39" but I was a loose 35" about a year ago, was a 34 for a long time and I'm probably a confortable 33 now. Not quite a 32" but I should be at that if I lose another 5-9 lbs.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When my 16's started getting tight is when I joined MFP :noway: . Now 24 lbs later my size 12 skinny jeans are getting a little baggy. Working towards a size 6 or 8. I haven't been a size 8 since middle school!
  • djphatnutzinc
    djphatnutzinc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i was a 40..now i'm sittin around a 35/36inch waist
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    only downfall is its soooo freaken hard finding smaller sizes! sometimes I want to gain a few pounds just so I can fit in other clothes. LOL
    I'm actually contemplating just starting maintenance at this point for that reason instead of continuing to work towards my goal of 120. Another 5 pounds or so and I'll be in 2s and 4s and I'll have to stop shopping at some places like Costco and Ross where I can get really good clothes for reasonable prices.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    When I first joined MFP I was wearing a 12 (UK sizing) - 8 in the US @ 150lbs, 5'8
    At my lightest I was a 10/12 (6/8) 10's were a bit tight for my liking, 12's were too loose :/ 130lbs
    Now I'm bulking, probably not that far off my starting weight (143lbs a month ago) and comfortably in the 12's again, but they're not as tight as they were at that weight before :D
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    My biggest pair was 46inch waist, now I'm a comfortable 34w/34i
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    when I started on here 5-6 weeks ago I was in a 24, moved down to a 22 which are falling off me now in 20's... want to get down comfortably into a 14..
    started off at 260lb... down to 249 so excited :D want to be in at least an 18 by my wedding in October next year...but if I keep up will probably be a 16? who knows :love:
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"--started out at 230 wearing a size 18/20----fast forward a year and half and I'm now 146 wearing a size 6/8. I wear mostly smalls and extra smalls in shirts. Never thought I'd be this small!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    First thing; "Congratulations!" Second I am really not looking to burst any bubbles but the garment industry here in the U.S. lies... I was wearing a 36" waist when I originated my fitness journey but my actual waist measurement was 39” and when I measured pants the waist was 38” with give for comfort… I then measured all my pants and found that the 36” or 34" tag was just that… a tag. The measurements were always 2 to 3 inches more than the tag indicated. I am not sure how it relates to women’s clothing but I had a girl friend that once told me that when she got to a 6 she couldn’t fit in the sixes that she wore when she was younger (she threw nothing away) so I believe the American clothing industry is padding the numbers and making the sizes larger as to not hurt our egos.

I've noticed this too. My ex always felt proud of wearing size 34 but they were actually closer to 38. I also measured my own pants against what the size charts say, it didn't match. That's why I think a waist size goal is better than clothing size.

It does feel a bit nice being able to say I started out as a size 20W and got down to a size 4, though I'm wearing 6s now... I'll be back there in about 15 lbs.