Half The Man I Use To Be!!!! Next stop 300 lbs. Lost!!!

Options

Replies

• CLee633
    CLee633 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You are such an inspiration!!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for sharing! You are amazing!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I commend you for sharing your incredibly inspiring story. You should be PROUD of all that you have accomplished! It takes a lot of courage to tell the world what you have overcome. Simply amazing!!
  • brick0814
    brick0814 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Such an inspiration to so many people! Your message is so full of hope and determination! Way to go!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ed Davenport, I thought about you this morning at 5 30 as I entered my neighborhood University gym and remembered your post, of how hard you worked to get where you are. You have no excuses You are getting the job done........

I remember 2 years ago, being able to do only 10 mins on the tread mill, but I came daily, did my 10 mins and left, then 15, then 30, then 60, then 120 mins on the eliptical. Then weight training started slowly,

today, I did 2 and a half hours at the gym, and I am not winded or out of breath. I feel awesome. I didnt have as much to lose as you did, but I stayed focused and wouldnt let my guard down.........today, I medicine free and have the blood work of a 30 year old.......my dr said I am in excellent shape, and have another 50 years to live.............it can be done, and you have proved tthat o the world . I am so proud of you......Lloyd
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring story!!!:flowerforyou:
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP,

28 months ago I tipped the scale at 560 lbs. , I hadn't left the house in over 2 years, and I couldn't walk from my recliner to the kitchen. I had a computer chair that I had ripped the back off of and would roll myself around the house. I had not stepped foot inside a major chain store in over 7 years and had been living in severe depression and social phobia fears for the past decade. I finally had my aha moment in may of 2009 and finally admitted that I needed help. So with the help of my wife and family we started the process of doctor visits and getting me into therapy. I was determined to lose the weight naturally or die trying. (No offense to those who have had weightloss surgery, my personal belief has always been that if I can't fix what is wrong in my head then no surgery will make any difference)
    I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and all the classic super morbidly obese systems (fat liver, etc) I had/have stage 3 osteoarthritis both knee's, torn meniscus both knee's, and a torn ACL in my left knee. I had to lose the weight so on the advice of my Dr. he wrote me a script for Aquatic therapy. After drilling the lady on the phone (do to my social phobia fears) I scheduled an appt. and got up the nerve to go. I lasted all of 10 minutes the first session but committed myself to the process and continued to go and as I did, added more and more time. Over the course of the next year and a half I had managed to lose over 170 lbs. (all in the pool) and working with a dietician to control my carb intake. As the weight came off, my therapist started pushing me to the shallow end of the pool which added gravity and of course more of my own body weight. I was fitted for two DonJoy Knee braces and began injection therapy and 2 prescription pain meds to help with the chronic pain. I began walking the indoor track last fall. splitting my time between the pool and the track and also was able to start weight training a couple days a week. Over the course of the winter and spring I dropped another 70+ lbs. and by spring had entered in my first of several 5k's. I can't run and don't walk very fast but with the help of my braces and pain meds I completed every 5k I have entered. This past week was a major milestone for me surpassing the half way point of my over all weight. 281 lbs. down / current weight 279 lbs. Next stop is 260 lbs. which will put me at 300 lbs, lost!!! I am finishing my weightloss journey before I have my knee's done (It's time to face the inevitable of knee replacements but with the pain I deal with daily. it will be a blessing) My journey has not been easy but I can tell you it has been worth every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears....... My social phobia is still real and I continue to work on it everyday but I am realizing more and more as I go through my own journey (what if) What if there is someone out there who is exactly where I was and my story is all they need to show them it is possible and can be done. So I am taking that leap of faith and stepping out of my comfort zone in hopes of inspiring others... Thanks for reading (Sorry so long lol) Have a Great Day all........

sidebysideb4after.jpg

sidebysideprofile.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg
    You are an amzing inspiration! You look ABSOLUTELY AMAZZZZZZING!!!!!!!!!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    WOW you are SUCH an inspiration!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Amazing job!! :)
  • jalemap
    jalemap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP,

28 months ago I tipped the scale at 560 lbs. , I hadn't left the house in over 2 years, and I couldn't walk from my recliner to the kitchen. I had a computer chair that I had ripped the back off of and would roll myself around the house. I had not stepped foot inside a major chain store in over 7 years and had been living in severe depression and social phobia fears for the past decade. I finally had my aha moment in may of 2009 and finally admitted that I needed help. So with the help of my wife and family we started the process of doctor visits and getting me into therapy. I was determined to lose the weight naturally or die trying. (No offense to those who have had weightloss surgery, my personal belief has always been that if I can't fix what is wrong in my head then no surgery will make any difference)
    I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and all the classic super morbidly obese systems (fat liver, etc) I had/have stage 3 osteoarthritis both knee's, torn meniscus both knee's, and a torn ACL in my left knee. I had to lose the weight so on the advice of my Dr. he wrote me a script for Aquatic therapy. After drilling the lady on the phone (do to my social phobia fears) I scheduled an appt. and got up the nerve to go. I lasted all of 10 minutes the first session but committed myself to the process and continued to go and as I did, added more and more time. Over the course of the next year and a half I had managed to lose over 170 lbs. (all in the pool) and working with a dietician to control my carb intake. As the weight came off, my therapist started pushing me to the shallow end of the pool which added gravity and of course more of my own body weight. I was fitted for two DonJoy Knee braces and began injection therapy and 2 prescription pain meds to help with the chronic pain. I began walking the indoor track last fall. splitting my time between the pool and the track and also was able to start weight training a couple days a week. Over the course of the winter and spring I dropped another 70+ lbs. and by spring had entered in my first of several 5k's. I can't run and don't walk very fast but with the help of my braces and pain meds I completed every 5k I have entered. This past week was a major milestone for me surpassing the half way point of my over all weight. 281 lbs. down / current weight 279 lbs. Next stop is 260 lbs. which will put me at 300 lbs, lost!!! I am finishing my weightloss journey before I have my knee's done (It's time to face the inevitable of knee replacements but with the pain I deal with daily. it will be a blessing) My journey has not been easy but I can tell you it has been worth every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears....... My social phobia is still real and I continue to work on it everyday but I am realizing more and more as I go through my own journey (what if) What if there is someone out there who is exactly where I was and my story is all they need to show them it is possible and can be done. So I am taking that leap of faith and stepping out of my comfort zone in hopes of inspiring others... Thanks for reading (Sorry so long lol) Have a Great Day all........

sidebysideb4after.jpg

sidebysideprofile.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg
  • jalemap
    Options
    Hello MFP,

sidebysideb4after.jpg

sidebysideprofile.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg
  • jalemap
    Options
    I am so so so so proud of you. You will give hope to thousands of people. Thanks to your wife also for being an encourager.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Very inspriational!
  • jumperchick
    Options
    you are amazing !!
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!! Congrats to you and thanks so much for sharing..I wish you the best with the rest of your journey.There is no doubt you will get there!!
  • Awright1989
    Awright1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe how amazing you look!! Keep up the good work , I have no doubt that you will reach your goal. Thanks for inspiring me!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This Just made my morning!! there are so many days when they Journey seems impossible and this inspired me that even though it may be long I too can lose the weight so thank you
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    WOW! Your story brought tears to my eyes. That is tears of joy for you. You have worked so hard and have come so far. Thank you for being so honest and sharing your story. You are a true inspiration! Best of luck to you in your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • thehotpinkkat
    Options
    Congrats, you are a true inspiration to all of us! Thank you for sharing.
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    WOW !!!! You are an inspiration to us all! It really makes others think when they are wondering how they are going to lose 20 or 30 lbs, and you lost 280 lbs! that is so awesome! You look like a completely different person. Such a good looking man hiding all those years. I'm so glad for you! Your health is going to be wonderful. thanks for posting your story and letting us have a peek of what your journey has been like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!