I am MOVING! Where do you think I should live?

Options
124»

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    If I could move to a different state I'd prolly chose North Carolina!!!
  • erinrose07
    Options
    NC!! We have the blue ridge mountains AND the coast :) Winston Salem is lovely
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i lived in belilngham washington for 2 years... and i will move back as soon as i possibly am able. it is the most gorgeous weather. right on the coast and not far from the mountains. you are an hour and half from seattle and 45 min from vancouver bc. you really couldnt ask for more!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well I live outisde of Charlotte, NC and its 2 hours to the mountains and 3 hours to the beach with two large lakes in the area.

I am south of Charlotte, NC near the South Carolina border and we love it here. Love the four seasons, the fact that it is just a few hours to the beach or the mountains! We moved from Indianapolis, Indiana. Best move I have ever made!
  • teejamajay
    teejamajay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would say JAX (Jacksonville, FL) Great GREAT Winters, and the COL (Cost of Living) is SUPER! No state income tax, and fruit year round!!!! Beach? LOTS OF THEM. Excitement of a city yet not WILD like a big city! Lots of nice little areas around too. We love it here!!!
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    Jealous! I want to do this same exact thing..... Hopefully I can pick up & move after graduation.... People who live in Utah are supposed to live longer than most others in the US. They have beautiful mountains and an active outdoors scene. But if you’re looking for the East coast & beach area… Maybe SC? Cali has the beautiful mountains & beach tho.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    You should move to Santa Cruz, California where I am from.

It is a college beach town, surrounded by the redwood mountains. A lot of very well-educated people, frequent festivals and located near a lot of other great cities such as San Francisco.

I know it is on the west coast, but it is awesome!

Otherwise, maybe try another country~I lived in the south of Chile for a while, and am currently living in the south of Japan. If you are interested in any of these places, feel free to send me a message with any questions.

Good luck ~Life is an adventure and it sounds like you are making the most of it~ ^o^y
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you're going to live somewhere, why not go all out and live somewhere really unique? Northeast cities are boring, townie-ish, and not worth the high cost of living (grew up not too far from NYC and Philly and lived in Boston for years). Anchorage, AK is different, as is Miami, FL. Probably the only two places in the U.S. where you really don't feel you are in the U.S.

Why not try to live abroad? If I could, I'd love to live in the Gold Coast in Australia.

How about Dubai?

Life is too short to live in a boring place.
    You realize there's a lot more to the Northeast than Boston, Philly and NYC, don't you? Go a little further inland and experience the rest of the world.

You couldn't pay me to live in Miami. I drove through it twice and both times couldn't wait to get out. I also know many, many people who lived there and couldn't wait to get out.

And a quick geography lesson: Miami is on the East Coast and is a city.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I live outside of Charlotte, NC and its 2 hours to the mountains and 3 hours to the beach with two large lakes in the area.

I am south of Charlotte, NC near the South Carolina border and we love it here. Love the four seasons, the fact that it is just a few hours to the beach or the mountains! We moved from Indianapolis, Indiana. Best move I have ever made!

4 seasons? Umm it's missing Winter. I need snow for it to be considered winter.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well I live outside of Charlotte, NC and its 2 hours to the mountains and 3 hours to the beach with two large lakes in the area.

4 seasons? Umm it's missing Winter. I need snow for it to be considered winter.

We still get snow once in awhile, but it is usually gone once the sun comes out! My kind of winter after leaving the Midwest! :heart:
  • branflake5
    Options
    I just moved from Cincinnati, Oh to California in LA county and I HATE it here. Hate everything about it and can not wait to move, which unfortunately will be a while. However I have lived in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach also Hilton Head Island and loved it! Also lived in Daytona Beach, Florida and loved it there too. Definately believe East coast is the way to go!! Good luck to you.
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Leave the USA and see the world. Lots people move to UK but i would not advise it, it rains to much............lol I have lived in a few countries and the having the Sun helps.