When does the abuse stop?

Options

Replies

• flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    OMG! This makes me want to cry :cry:

People are so MEAN! Please keep your head up and don't let this stop you from doing what you are doing. F**K them B**ches!!! I hope their tits fall off!!!:mad:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    What happened says a great deal about them and virtually nothing about you. I have never witnessed this kind of behaviour in my life, so I don't imagine it is common, because I'm super old and I get around.

Neither have I and I also get around.

It's because we live in Canada.

....It's too cold to unroll car windows to shout abuse here.

Also we are not a**holes. That helps too.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry that you experienced that, I have had such things happen many times in the past, and I still feel fearful around crowds of people, especially teenagers, but the truth is, you are getting thinner, fitter, healthier, they are unlikely to ever get any less ignorant. Chin up & stay strong x
  • billtownsend
    billtownsend Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I had a kid who was out selling Candy Bar's door to door, and I was out going out for a walk and he sarcasticly yelled acrosses the street at me, Buy my candy bars, you know you would reather do that than take a walk. Just made me want to walk more so I could lose the weight.
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Honey please try not to let this crap get to you. The kids round here'll call you you that if you chastise them from being idiots even when you're in your car (like when they run out in front of you, you shout at them to be more careful and they call you a fat cow - like they can even see!) Those kids want to upset you so don't give them the satisfaction - the power is yours to keep hold of, don't give it to them. You're striving to be a healthier happier you so don't let them take that away x
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Stay strong. People who decide to "down" others are insecure about the way they feel so they need to make others feel low to make themselves feel better. You are stronger than they are, remember that! You are an amazing person and on a mission. You have done an AMAZING job in losing weight, you can tell in your pictures that you have done a great job! I would not let it bother you. Remember, they are insecure and you are strong and powerful! Keep your head up and just ignore them.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have had comments like this in the past and still get the odd few now but i just ignore it now. In the past it did affect me alot. xx
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    How terrible. Don't let them get you down... use it as amo to go out there and work that much harder... some people are nothing short of jackholes that need slapped. Had I EVER went around in a car and yelled out stuff like that... my dad would have got a hold of me and I would have NEVER done it again.
  • cariec
    Options
    Some people are really horrible and I can only imagine how unhappy their lives must be if they are compelled to make others feel bad. Just know that most people are not that cruel and keep moving forward. I believe that there are many more kind and supportive people out there than jerks.
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Please don't let them stop you from talking to girls, they are showing their immaturity and the problem belongs to them not you, you really wouldn't want to talk to people like that and if you do start talking to girls hopefully when talking to them you will be making up your mind about them based on more than just their size, if they are worth anything then they will be doing the same, good luck with your journey and hold your head high - remember your worth it!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for that. But dont let it get to you. Stay strong! You've come this far and have so much more to work for.

I havent had that from strangers but i have from an unsupportive husband. I know its hard to ignore comments like that but use it to motivate yourself.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It's hard to accept, but some people are just cruel. Hopefully they grow out of it someday. Take it with a grain of salt.

For every person that yells something negative I guarantee there are probably twenty more thinking "good for him - he's taking control and getting in shape".

You shouldn't let the words of a few affect you and if you feel confident in yourself there is no reason why you shouldn't put yourself out there. I haven't reached that level of confidence yet, but hopefully someday I will too.

Good luck!
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wooooow! I am not surprised because people are punks nowadays but you definitely do not deserve that. Just use it as motivation. I once saw a thin girl in the gym making fun of a big girl on the treadmill. The girl didn't hear, but after she was done with her run I told her I was glad seeing her at the gym again and to have a great day. You could tell the girl felt so proud.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Allow this to fuel your fire.
  • hdhbam
    hdhbam Posts: 40
    Options
    That is horrible! I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. These people obviously lack maturity and character.

I have only had one experience similar when I was married several years ago. My daughter was only 3 months old at the time and I was carrying her in my arms as me and my now ex husband and I were out Christmas shopping. As we were walking back to the car, this lady started backing out and almost hit the man formerly known as husband. He slapped the back of her car so she would stop, and when he did she hit the breaks, opened her door and yelled "I saw you *kitten*! It's not like I could miss your fat *kitten* wife!" It ruined my entire day. I didn't leave the house for a while after that.
  • Onthedecrease
    Options
    I'm so sorry to be reading this!

Please don't give up and try not to let it get to you. Every step you take while your walking is a step to being a healthier you.

At least you can change your health but those jerks can't change their ugly personalities.....

On a side note: I'm starting to look rather trim now. Whenever I go for runs I get guys hanging out of their cars staring at me and I had 2 honking their horns at me last night......It's disgusting! I just want to run in peace aroung my neighbourhood. I refuse to even look at them. I'm sure I'm not the first girl to run around near my house and I'm sure I won't be the last. Sometimes you just can't win!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just lucky, maybe I give out hostile vibes! Excuse my turn of phrase but this is what I'd say to a friend - *kitten* them, this is about you and how you feel about yourself, not them. They feel that bad about themselves they need to find a way to elevate themselves. There you were, walking along not looking like the sort of person who'd cave their head in so they thought they'd have a go. Thing is - you'd have got it anyway for some reason. A mate of mine was beaten up on the way home for being Polish - not that that's a bad thing, but the guy is from Kings Lynn. So are generations of his family.

You have to accept, some people are tw*ts and thick. You ran into the bottom of the gene pool. Scrape the amoeba off of the bottom of your shoes and be glad that in order to make yourself feel good you don't need to do that. All they have to look forward to is the next dole cheque, whereas you have a long and fulfilling life in front of you.

If you spent time with them would you respect and value their opinions, or have absolutely jack in common with them? I'm guessing you'd think they were vile. So what do you care?

Chin up chuck, you're doing great. I say to myself all the time, as above, do I respect or care about that person's opinion? No? Then screw 'em :-) xx

(edited for furious typing corrections!!)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow! Some people are just cruel. I'm sorry that some idiots did that to you. Don't let it stop you!! Keep on rocking, my friend. People like that are bullies and have no sense of self worth themselves. I am a firm believer of what goes around comes around. Some day they will be in a similar situation. Hugs
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    *kitten* happens people say mean things.Who cares what strangers think,their words only determin who you are if you let them.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Had a similar thing happen just recently ... Not nice... in any form..

I work with kids, have even had them say the same thing, but with them i joke. And teach them just cause im big, doesnt mean im not nice.. and things along that line. then teach them about differences. After 40 years though, you would think some one yelling, your fat, or something along that line, I would be used to it, and it would help in my battle to win this.

Nope wrong, being nasty... in the way it happens.. just makes me sad. pppffttttt