Mutzu...my all-time favorite!!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    HAS to be Pink Lady.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp and Ambrosia.....yum yum!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fuji! They are soo good!

Granny smith and Washington Reds are good too
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp, Jazz, Cameo, Pink Lady, and Fuji are my favorites. They're the apple varieties that are really hard to mess up, even when they're not completely fresh. Red Delicious are good, too, but they're often not fresh enough, so they get a mushy texture (which is also why I will never, ever like Galas). I grew up in apple orchards, and that was never a problem when you got them fresh off the tree.

I've also recently gotten into Granny Smiths, as all the grocery stores around have been getting some good ones for a while, but apple season is almost over, so I'll probably have to switch back to other varieties pretty soon.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What's a Gala apple? Never heard of them.
    A gala apple is a gala apple. It's just a type of apple. They're small and red and sweet.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp and Braeburn. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • missjboone
    missjboone Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HONEYCRISP!!!! and also pink ladies. I love them both SOOOOO much!!!!!:happy:
  • diletta24
    diletta24 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Honey crisp and Royal gala :)
    The golden reminds me of hospital or kindergarden meals :-/ :D
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid in New England, we got an apple called Northern Spy from a neighboring orchard. Absolute best ... crisp, but juicy. I haven't seen one in years. Evidently they don't ship well.

Now ... fuji or gala because that's the easiest to find organic where I shop. I'm not an organic nutcase, but apples are #1 on the dirty dozen. I buy dirty dozen produce organic. Clean 15 I buy regular produce.
    http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary/
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    GALA! I'm obsessed. And Pink Lady apples when I can find 'em!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    What's a Gala apple? Never heard of them.
    A gala apple is a gala apple. It's just a type of apple. They're small and red and sweet.

I would also like to add that they're the second most popular apple variety.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Gala!

orgamnic galas are yummy
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    Honey crisp, pink ladys, and granny smith are the only apples I can eat. Others are too soft and I have texture issues.
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    Now ... fuji or gala because that's the easiest to find organic where I shop. I'm not an organic nutcase, but apples are #1 on the dirty dozen. I buy dirty dozen produce organic. Clean 15 I buy regular produce.
    http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary/

Not all non-organic apples are produced using chemicals and pesticides, though. A lot of growers are going more toward soft programs, which build up the trees with nutrients so that they can fight off pests on their own as well as grow a better apple.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Golden Delicious for me. I like apples that aren't so sweet.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Usually, apples hurt my stomach and leave me feeling very hungry. It's strange. I recently discovered that Fugi apples don't bother me if I have them with peanut butter. I haven't tried this with Gala, yet.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Cox. Always.
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Gala and Honey Crisp!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Honeycrisp! Only kind I will eat. Yummy!