What's Your Career?

Options

Replies

• mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    currently I am a stay at home mother, I help run the youth events at church (which I have been told means I can call myself "youth pastor" , next year I start my courses aiming to be a youth worker.

Hubby has two careers computer tech and rendering. he ran out of computer work in 08 then went to rendering, ran out this year went to computers now running out of that and so he is trying to get into mining or doing a electrician apprenticeship

I do IT work for a mining company. You should see if your hubby can get into that. Definitely worth it.
  • mavers1
    mavers1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    But all jokes aside, I'm a freestyle rap battle master

I love your humor, you seriously have me cracking up over here.

I'm serious -_-

I figured with the "all jokes aside", but I quoted this one because it was the most recent one in the post. No offense intended.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm a Registered Nurse in the Emergency room, yes someone has to do it..lol

God bless you! Must be a hectic job!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Ph.D. candidate in marine biology and fisheries. My dissertation focuses on developing new scientific methods for assessing the status of fisheries in the Atlantic. My fellowship allows me to travel a lot to Europe, South America, the Middle East, and Central America, and I get to work with a lot of government agencies throughout the world. My job is to help assess the current status of fisheries and make sure that we don't overharvest and continue to have this resource available for the future.

I love my job. :smile:
  • kirstyjosephine
    Options
    I'm a full time medical student, as well as also being a casual barista and receptionist (two jobs). :)
  • jazzdspazz
    jazzdspazz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ph.D. candidate in marine biology and fisheries. My dissertation focuses on developing new scientific methods for assessing the status of fisheries in the Atlantic. My fellowship allows me to travel a lot to Europe, South America, the Middle East, and Central America, and I get to work with a lot of government agencies throughout the world. My job is to help assess the current status of fisheries and make sure that we don't overharvest and continue to have this resource available for the future.

Marine biologist?? George constanza? Have you ever saved a whale?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Marine biologist?? George constanza? Have you ever saved a whale?

No, but I've saved a lot of tunafish. :wink:
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    High stress job I tried under water basket weaving but the competition was just to much for me

I have been trying to get a job doing underwater BB stacking, any suggestions?
  • traceyaand
    traceyaand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a Probation Agent...sometimes a super secret double agent. But I can't tell you about that or I'd have to you, know, kill ya.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Im a Full time Mummy of two boys! :):heart:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm mama to two little men, 3 and 1, will be going back to work as an optometric assistant. Selling glasses. I loved it and was good at it, just hope theyre hiring here. I hate job hunting.
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    Mom of five (4 boys, 1 girl.. ages (15,13,12,11,and just turned 4). Six if you count the dog(who is also 4).

President and PR head of a magazine.

Music Photo-journalist. Basically any of those concerts you go to see and you view those crazy people running around in the photo-pit with a camera stuck to their face that is me. You leave the concert and get a drink and rest. I leave the concert and write up the review, interview I did that night, and do photo post until 8am the next morning. Fun!
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Housewife :heart:

Hopefully someday soon mommy as well :love:

I used to work with food for 12 yrs, coffee shop, deli, and butcher shoppe not in that order
    Then I moved to management in retail selling beauty supplies/home smell good stuff

Then about almost 3 yrs ago I decided to be home full time and work on my weight loss & take care of the house and get things in order to sell our old house for the one we have now :flowerforyou:

Still home full time waiting on little ones, but now my friend and I are also talking about opening a bakery & doing everything healthy so we shall see where life leads :drinker:

Either way I am excited & truly blessed & happy :blushing:
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i sell stuff. :smokin:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Stay at home dad first and part time Personal Trainer second!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • celeste_xo
    Options
    I'm a student/intern pharmacist... I'm in pharmacy school so once I'm done I get to be a legal drug pusher. HOLLA!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Student. Hope to be a psychologist in the future, either clinical or health.
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    College instructor. I teach people how to be early childhood teachers.

this is what i'm going to school for. currently a full time student in early childhood education. and i'm a part time cashier at walmart.
  • razorspells
    Options
    I'm a Web Developer :smile:
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Student. Hope to be a psychologist in the future, either clinical or health.

Awesome, you wanna tell me what the hell is wrong with me? :laugh: