keyboard monkey for DoD Navy
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I'm an administrator for a charity :o)
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the NICU with families of babies that were not expected to make it. That was my career.
    At the moment I'm a stay at home Mum to my 4 girls because no childcare institution wanted my triplets for less than a small fortune an hour.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Software Consultant
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am an Online Travel Content Editor.

I manage all the content of various travel websites. Used to do ThomasCook.com.

Cheap holidays for me!
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    My occupation that pays the bills is as a full time Registered Nurse, however, my most rewarding career is raising my four hooligans.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've been a police officer for going on 7 years now.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm an IT Systems Controller and I hate it. It pays the bills but only just covers my debts etc. I'm kinda stuck though as this is the only career in which I have qualifications and experience. I've always been very technical and enjoy it from a personal angle so thought it would be the best career to pursue but as I approach 30 I realise how little joy I get out of it.

I love animals and being out in the open so my real dream is to work at a zoo or safari park but the fact is that I need a steady job and can't afford to take the hit of starting back at the bottom. If I could have some small lottery windfall, even just £30-40k to clear all my debts and get a little saving going then I could afford to do it but at the moment, I'm stuck.

Sorry to bring the mood down!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    assistant construction site manager building new build homes, previously a building surveyor, before that a bricklayer/mason.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am Tintin!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've done many things, some short term and some long term. With my age in brackets, They are/were:
    Golf caddy (15)
    Busboy (16)
    Holiday Inn front desk clerk (17)
    Grocery Store cashier/bag boy/then cashier again (17, until they found out I was too young to be selling beer, then 18)
    Auto junk yard parts puller (19)
    Roller Coaster operator at Great America/Six Flags (19-21) :glasses:
    Plastics Material Handler (19-21)
    Overnight Security Guard at a huge medical complex (21)
    Order filler for a small wholesale electronic parts company (22-23)
    Tour Director, morphed into Tour Operations Planning for Senior Citizen bus tours (23 - 29)
    Century 21 Real Estate Agent (30)
    Maaco Auto Painting Manager (30)
    Auto Restoration Shop Manager (30-32)
    Regular Body Shop Manager (32)
    Classic Mustang Parts and Restoration Business Owner (33-43) (see my current profile pic)

Does landlord count? I've had a rental property for the last six years. Mostly at a loss to offset taxes.

Current and for the last 7 years (44-51), Sales Consultant for home improvements for the world's largest home improvement company....I sell roofing, windows, attic insulation, gutters, siding
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Veterinary Technician and artist.

I used to be a cosmetologist. But I didn't so much enjoy the touching people's heads and talking to them part.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm a military air traffic control officer.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am an Accounting Analyst for a logistics company. :) I love numbers (but not enough to be a CPA...)
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a bartender/server right now. In school to become a neonatal/labor nurse.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Slave.

At least that's what it feels like atm.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    IT tech support, no study Just started in a humble position and I have worked my way up :)
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    IT...Server admin ... started out doing residential service , got my certifications and worked my way through the ranks
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Crime Analyst