This has nothing to do with food, exercise, or nutrition

Options

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all of you. I do have a wonderful network of friends and family. They have been truly amazing. And I'm eating again, mostly, which is good. I didn't for several weeks, and I lost a lot of weight really fast. then my hair began falling out due to stress and lack of nutrition...and I hated him even more for doing that to me.

I know I'll get through this. God, as well, as been amazing. I have just been...amazed at the way He's working through the people in my life. Those are the things I have to hang onto when I just feel like dying instead.

No dying and no losing more hair!
    It's curly and dark.. I have envy!

Breathe.... in..... out.... in.... out....
    I have a feeling, you are a tough cookie (Hello, you run!)

Thank you. You made me smile. And yes, my hair is dark and curly and completely natural and crazy. You should see it today...haha...the curls are everywhere!!! It can be scary sometimes!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all of you. I do have a wonderful network of friends and family. They have been truly amazing. And I'm eating again, mostly, which is good. I didn't for several weeks, and I lost a lot of weight really fast. then my hair began falling out due to stress and lack of nutrition...and I hated him even more for doing that to me.

I know I'll get through this. God, as well, as been amazing. I have just been...amazed at the way He's working through the people in my life. Those are the things I have to hang onto when I just feel like dying instead.

No dying and no losing more hair!
    It's curly and dark.. I have envy!

Breathe.... in..... out.... in.... out....
    I have a feeling, you are a tough cookie (Hello, you run!)

Thank you. You made me smile. And yes, my hair is dark and curly and completely natural and crazy. You should see it today...haha...the curls are everywhere!!! It can be scary sometimes!!

:sad:
    Mine's straight as a stick and light blonde!!!!
    :sad:
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Aw, but how many girls would love to have blond??? I was blond at one time...kind of a strawberry blond. I loved it...but the dark hair works better (and is easier to maintain, since it' s natural! haha)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel strong just majorly PI**ED and humiliated. We have no alimony here and I had a better job than him AND I NEVER WANTED TO SEE HIM AGAIN so it was easier to be clean cut.

He doesn't deserve you. You'll be okay. Asking for help when you need it is the first sign of strength (in my opinion)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    While I have never been through this first-hand I can kind of relate because my mom went through the same thing with my dad. Twice. My dad was caught (actually his girlfriend called my mom and told her) after he had threatened to break off his affair. My parents ended up getting separated and going thru with everything except signing the divorce papers. My mom took him back and 3 years later he was caught again. My mom eventually divorced my dad and everyone is better off because of it. The only thing I can say is that it really will get better with time. I never believed that before but I'm finding that it really is true. If you ever need to talk or vent feel free to PM me. Keep your head up! You're an amazingly strong woman and can get through anything. :flowerforyou: You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Thanks. I just want that day when I'm okay to be here NOW. I know that I'm better off without him, for so many reasons. Despite the cheating (he's still with her, BTW, even took her to our house to move his things out), he's horrible with money. I won't go into details there, but I never had any savings when we were together because, despite his fantastic salary, we had no money. None. Ever. Now I know that it was partly because he was spending it on her, but I also know it's because he always maxed out his credit cards and paid everything as late as possible. His credit got worse while mine somehow managed to get better. But I need monthly support from him, or else I'll have to find a second job...which I will do if I have to. I've done it before. But the scary thing is there aren't many second jobs available out there anymore!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    aw, man! stoopid boy! :mad:

you will eventually feel better - sounds like you already are to a certain extent! you are so young and adorable and sweet! anyone who would hurt you like this is SO NOT worth your love.

when i was 28 i had my heart broken in a similar way. i am 33 now and totally past all that pain. lean on your friends and family ~ and of course MFP!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    1Corinthians13,

Both books are on Amazon with a special link that says, "click to check out the inside of the book."

There, you can read the front jacket, back cover, table of contents, and many many pages of exerpts"

The subtitle of Smart Divorce book: Save time, money, and sanity.

The Coming Apart book.

The most amazing quote in this book is:

"Time does not heal all wounds. Insight does."

And it's insight what this book is all about.

http://books.google.ca/books?hl=en&id=OX9M0rOPArsC&dq=daphne+rose+kingma&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=nnvhVSf4ZQ&sig=LykFYAn0MpHvfH461pkd1AoN0eQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPT1,M1

This would give you a preview of many many pages of this book from every chapter!!!

Not sure if above link would work or not. If not, pls copy and paste into your browser.

Thanks again for reaching out. You are not alone. Many have gone through what you've gone thru and made it to the other side. End of relationships is tough. The beginning of your journey to find inner strength and peace is even tougher but more rewarding.
  • rosered51
    Options
    LOVE AND PRAYERS WINGING THEIR WAY TO YOU:love::heart:
    I am so sorry for your pain...the best thing you can do is continue to STAY in therapy and keep coming here, to your friends, to your family...we will all lift you up.

When things seem at their worst it is then that it is the hardest to see the silver lining in every cloud, but look at the bright side, at least you found out now, not 5 or 10 years from now when you had several children in the mix also. You are still young and beautiful and some day God will bring you another man, the right man, into your life and you will forget all about the slime you once knew.

I am so :brokenheart: for you and :mad: at the "toad" as another member put it.

Good luck in making it through.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This makes my money woes seem less, thank you for putting thigs into perspective for me albiet from your own heartache. I agree to take it one day at a timr, (hugs)
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Thanks. I just want that day when I'm okay to be here NOW. I know that I'm better off without him, for so many reasons. Despite the cheating (he's still with her, BTW, even took her to our house to move his things out), he's horrible with money. I won't go into details there, but I never had any savings when we were together because, despite his fantastic salary, we had no money. None. Ever. Now I know that it was partly because he was spending it on her, but I also know it's because he always maxed out his credit cards and paid everything as late as possible. His credit got worse while mine somehow managed to get better. But I need monthly support from him, or else I'll have to find a second job...which I will do if I have to. I've done it before. But the scary thing is there aren't many second jobs available out there anymore!

Yes, it is scary. Yes, it is difficult. But, no, it is not impossible. There are less second jobs available. I agree. You have to focus on finding just one. Not many. Just one.

You are what you focus on. So, focus on what you want. Not what you don't want. Ask yourself, what is it that I want? And, focus on that.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    oh hon, my heart goes to you. I tell you what, you have friends in us be it virtual. I read all the replies to you (amazing for me), and they all said it all! ABOVE ALL, remember time heals all wounds and you will get there. Take it a day at a time....trust me one day you'll wake up and say to yourself "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DID I EVER SEE IN HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE"! It will happen mark my word. ((((lots of hugs)))). xxx
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Thank you, all of you. Your responses have all made me smile. (even if I do feel like crying at the same time.)

Just 20 minutes to go, and I get to go home!!!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    my thoughts are with you during this stressful time

be gentle with yourself, and take the time to look after yourself

try to go to your therapist, you may not feel like it, but it will help :heart:

sorry i dont have some better advice, hugs :flowerforyou:
  • mom2one
    Options
    I remember what my mom always told me after all of my many heartbreaks, This too shall pass. You are a beautiful person, you just need to take it one step at a time, and sometimes one second at a time. Take care of yourself...... :heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. My heart breaks for you. :brokenheart: :cry: I pray God will be with you and help you get through this time in your life. Hang in there. You have a lot of people who care about you. Post any time you need to. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and I will be praying for your financial and emotional healing. Remember the saying "Troubles come to pass not to stay".:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Honey, I sent you a PM. I am so sorry you are going thru this crap. I dont know how, but God will use it to his good. I am very proud of the way you are handling yourself-even down to asking for help tonight so you are not alone.

I know you cant see it, but you will make it thru this horrible time and there will be good times ahead.

God bless you and keep you close to His heart.

:heart: Jeannie
  • 1Corinthians13
    Options
    Thanks again to all of you. Today was a good day...in part to all of you. Thank you. :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to all of you. Today was a good day...in part to all of you. Thank you. :smile:

Hello Chiclett!
    I am glad you are doing better today.
    :flowerforyou: