Are there foods that you DON'T log???

Options
I'm obsessed with logging in my diary... and so far all my hard work has paid off (40# and counting). So I'm curious, do you log EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth? What about zero calorie items such as diet drinks ie Vitamin water and diet sodas? What about coffee & tea? What about desserts made with zero calorie sweetens like splenda? This was really hard on Halloween & I know Thanksgiving is going to be a logging nightmare LOL. Is there anything that you DON'T log?

Replies

• paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Most days I log everything, because it will affect the sodium intake, mostly.
    Also if you hit a barrier and you aren't consistent with logging accurately it will be difficult to ascertain the nutirents you are getting.

The mobile apps are very helpful in this.
    As for difficult meals, I take a pic with my phone and come back to it later to remind me what I took in.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i don't log things that have no cals or veggies that i cook with. If i'm just using olive oil or butter to saute something i don't add that either
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I don't log ketchup or stevia....that's about it.

No reasoning behind not logging ketchup..i just never have, not that I eat it everyday but when i do use it as a dipping sauce i don't use very much at all so i just don't bother.

Stevia is no calorie so i'm not going to bother with it. No real sense in logging 0 calorie foods when using a calorie tracker.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i log everything! a little sweet here a few chips there it all adds up at the end of the day!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Actually, oddly enough I don't log ice cream. I just allow myself that one thing without logging it because it keeps me sane. Lol.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I log everything except water... cause there's no point in that. Things like coffee and tea sometimes do actually have nutritional values though.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I log it all! Thanksgiving and Christmas days I will not log anything...all other days I do! :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything. i do log diet sodas because they have like 50 mg of sodium or something. i don't log tic tacs. lol ;)
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I log everything keeps me in check, even no calories drinks and tea and coffee but each to their own :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    water since im too lazy. or gum
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything!!!!

-edit- and yes I am losing weight
  • darbym7
    Options
    I dont log my tea or if i have a cup of orange juice or something like that. i think that those are little treats and usually low calorie
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I log everything single thing that I eat or drink. :drinker:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I will be logging Thanksgiving and Christmas - to the best of my ability anyway. lol. But I do plan on enjoying myself! :)
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't log gum either. Burn those five calories just from chewing it.
    And mustard. That habit goes back to my old Jenny Craig days when that was a free condiment.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    packets of the like o cal .5carb sweetener would be the only thing
    ETA: yea, SF gum either
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I log it all.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee because I drink it black and I don't drink diet drinks but yes I long everything but coffee.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm like Miss Jamaica, but with coffee (and 1/2 and 1/2 and a teaspoon of sugar) instead of ice cream. For some reason, I do not want to log that. It's my little treat every day, and logging it makes it feel different somehow!

I also don't log the spray 100% olive oil that I coat my pans with. I do log all veg and fruit, though.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I don't log less than 3 sour pickles, or pickled peppers. okra, etc.