pam
    gum
    mints
    ketchup
    soy sauce
    sarcha
    butter spray
    small amounts of vegetables
    and Im getting better at it but sometimes I don't log small bites of thing i try throughout the day.

Besides the last one I will probably not change any of this (although I do admire people who keep track of every single little thing). Losing weight is about becoming healthier and HAPPIER and for me logging those things would be obsessive and counter productive.
    Just an FYI, Pam is 0 calories for a 1/3 second spray. If you use a more normal amount it's going to be as much as 50 calories. Something to keep in mind, since it's labelled as 0 calories, Google on the subject, you will see discussion on the matter.

That is kinda nuts. One thing i read said the bottle has as much as 750 calories in it. Always good to be aware. Thanks
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I log almost everything. i do log diet sodas because they have like 50 mg of sodium or something. i don't log tic tacs. lol ;)

If you eat a whole container there's a significant amount of calories. =]

I usually am too lazy to log water or diet soda lol.
    Also binging meh I try to log but can never remember what I ate
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I log most things...except non-stick spray (like PAM) and gum. Those two things I can tell you I never log. LOL

ooo...and I don't log my unsweetened tea sometimes...when I do log it, I just log it as water though (the little # of cups on your diary)...but I'm bad about logging how much water I drink.
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee, but I do log the creamer that I use. I also don't log licks of things but only because I'm not sure how to do that.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't log herbal tea, diet juice, herbs, chillis, garlic or fry spray. Apart from that I try to log everything but if i'm having a 'day off', I don't log at all!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I drink diet sodas and I don't log that. I also do not always log water or mustard.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i don't log things that have no cals or veggies that i cook with. If i'm just using olive oil or butter to saute something i don't add that either

You don't log the calories in butter & olive oil??? There's something like 120 calories in olive oil!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I am newer to logging online and so there are things I dont log

spleda
    diet coke
    coffee with a little half and half and splenda
    tea
    pam
    gum
    mints
    ketchup
    soy sauce
    sarcha
    butter spray
    small amounts of vegetables
    and Im getting better at it but sometimes I don't log small bites of thing i try throughout the day.

Besides the last one I will probably not change any of this (although I do admire people who keep track of every single little thing). Losing weight is about becoming healthier and HAPPIER and for me logging those things would be obsessive and counter productive.
    Just an FYI, Pam is 0 calories for a 1/3 second spray. If you use a more normal amount it's going to be as much as 50 calories. Something to keep in mind, since it's labelled as 0 calories, Google on the subject, you will see discussion on the matter.

That is kinda nuts. One thing i read said the bottle has as much as 750 calories in it. Always good to be aware. Thanks

This freaked me out the first time I read that, but then I figured I've been not logging it for more than a year, and it hasn't messed me up. So I continue to do as I was doing before. If I tried to count my 1/3 of seconds I'd go nuts!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If I take a bite or 2 out of something I don't bother. Too hard to figure the amt. Tea and water I get lazy on. Same for gum. Everything else I think I do pretty well on
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I log everything except seasonings and water. As far as things like Halloween and Thanksgiving, I give myself one day a month (ONE DAY ONLY) that I do not log at all. If I know I'm going to a potluck or a big meal or a special occasion, I save that day as my monthly day mostly because it's too hard for me to try and log a million foods that other people made.

I agree, it's impossible to know what "secret ingredient" grandma put in her Thanksgiving Dressing lol. Thanks for posting =)
  • deannasmom
    deannasmom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i only drink water most of the time so i don't log that. but i usually log everything else. i am a victim of over logging tho, like if i eat a little bit more of one serving of something, but not enough for 1 and 1/2 or two servings i just count it as two servings
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i dont log coffee... but i do log creamer. i dont log spices. i dont log 0 calorie crystal light.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I don't log pickles, spkenda, gum, spices, coffee, tea, cooking spray, or drink packets. I figure the error is less than 100 and I can live with that.

ALL calorie counting is estimation. Even an apple that you weigh can have more/less sugar than the "standard" apple so it's all just an estimate and I think it's a little crazy to try to be THAT meticulous once you're maintaining and have no issues holding steady.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I don't log my daily cup of coffee, but I log the cream I put in it.

Oh, and I don't count tic-tacs or altoids...

Everything else, yes!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I log everything except spices. I have seen a few interesting posts in here. I like the idea on one day a month cause it's too hard to log a bunch of things that other people made. I'm going to a baby shower this weekend and everyone is bringing one dish. I was wondering how I was gonna manage that! Another person mentioned that they don't log every little item cause that seems obsessive and they are on here to be healthy and happy. I think once I get to my goal weight I will not log every single thing everyday, but for now....I don't think I would lose a pound if I didn't log everything. Including cooking oil.
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't log:

Splenda
    Diet Coke
    Black tea
    Black coffee
    Green or Herbal Tea
    Cooking Spray
    Water
    Gum
    Mints

I also don't log if I eat like one crisp out of someone else's packet

I wont be logging ANYTHING on Christmas day :smile:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I log everything, but will give myself a day off on Thanksgiving and Christmas. In years past, I usually LOSE weight on those actual days because I am usually cooking all day, and when I sit down to eat, I'm pretty reasonable. The ugly part are the days after the actual feast days, when leftovers are calling out to me. THAT, I will log.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I log everything except tea and coffee. I even log gum, typically.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I log everything single thing that I eat or drink. :drinker:

Me too. Even gum.
  • jeanb618
    Options
    I log everything. It's taken me a year and I've lost 100 lbs (with 20 more to go). I've found that when I run into plateaus, my food journal can help me see 'why' very quickly.

For me, it's all part of the discipline that I'm trying to teach myself. I've lost weight in the past and have always gained it back. Journaling is one of the things that I've told myself in the past that I didn't need to do anymore. Wrong! This will be my last weight loss. I promise!