Are there foods that you DON'T log???

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i don't log things that have no cals or veggies that i cook with. If i'm just using olive oil or butter to saute something i don't add that either

That seems odd to me, maybe because most of what I eat are veggies and olive oil. Vegetable calories do add up, especially if they're starchy ones. And unless you're using an olive oil spray, you're probably consuming a significant amount of oil/butter calories.

I log everything unless it's just a bite of something. My house has a lot of steep stairs, so the way I see it I burn off the "bites" from climbing up and down them on a regular basis. Sometimes if I've made something with a lot of different spices I'll just enter larger quantities of one or two of them, to make things simpler.

I used to not log coffee and tea, since I drink both black and unsweetened, but after I did it once it's pretty easy to just click on them again under recent foods.

I do believe in skipping special occasions like Thanksgiving, or when I have out-of-town guests and we're eating out a lot. But I maintain the midset of eating as if I were logging everything, so I don't binge.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I didn't log in my first cup of coffee in the morning and I allowed myself 2 pieces of hard candy everyday with out logging - now since I've been on here for a few months and have learned a ton!!!.....I realize that even those small things -

morning coffee with cream and sugar = 100 calories
    2 hard candies = 60 calories

It makes a difference! So I now log everything!! Except diet soda (I allow myself 1 can a day) and water (which I drink all day long)
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee, but I log the cream I put in it.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I log everything, including gum, lol! Even though I get a big red negative number, I like to "know". :)
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I find myself making seperate meals for my family and myself a few times a week, like when they're clamoring for fried chicken and mashed potatoes yet I know I just can't have the amount of greasy goodness it would take to satisfy me so I'll make something else entirely for myself. I'll taste half teaspoons of 'their' food here and there while cooking, as most of my best recipes are seasoned/buttered 'to taste'.

I don't bother logging those little taste-tests, though. I figure an extra 50 calories or so just isn't going to hurt me.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I dont log if I taste something I'm feeding my little one. I'm not talking tablespoons, I'm talking a very small amount to make sure its cooked properly etc. Or if I have one chip or like a quarter of a cracker. Other than that I log everything except caffiene free unsweetened teas, but I do log the water.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Nope. What's the point of keeping a food log if you don't log what you're eating. You're only lying to yourself if you don't. Even today I was given a sample while shopping. I went to where the product was, got the info and logged it in.
  • fearundercontrol
    Options
    I'm neurotic about logging EVERYTHING. I need to see everything that I put into my body and it drives me insane if there is a meal that I can't figure things out exactly for. I've probably become too obsessive.
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i don't log things that have no cals or veggies that i cook with. If i'm just using olive oil or butter to saute something i don't add that either

You don't log the calories in butter & olive oil??? There's something like 120 calories in olive oil!

I was gonna say the exact same thing! Lol. My evoo has 120 cal per 2 tbsp.
  • Melissa_Suzanne
    Melissa_Suzanne Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I log everything :) I like looking back and seeing how even just my lifestyle has changed over time :) I also always look at the nutritional page to make sure i try and stay very close to those numbers :)
  • Raihn
    Raihn Posts: 20
    Options
    Oh yeah. I log it all except for straight spices and herbs.
    I certainly log the oil I use to cook something, the sugar in my tea, and the tea.
    It would be too easy to forget, get sloppy, etc., and it adds up way to fast!
    I want to loose weight or know why by reviewing my log.
    Good luck! I know the holidays are going to be a challenge for me.
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    chewing gum is the only thing i dont log
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yes! anything I eat after midnite.
    J/K
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee. I have it every day, I'm never going to change what I eat during the day because of it, and I just consider it a part of me :) I also tend to not log marinades for meats/veggies or olive oil/butter used to cook things in, partly because I can't usually quantify it, and partly because most of it is left in the pan/pot/dish. If I'm using one of those items as a sauce, then I log it.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Tapatio sauce... stevia... basic herbs & spices that I put into food... nope. Not enough calories there to bother with. EVERY SINGLE THING ELSE... yes.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I don't log condiments...
  • Semperfione
    Options
    You say your "obsessed"...I say your doing it right...you have a clear picture for future reference in the event you need to go back and see what your eating that could be slowing your progress down.

Stay obsessed....you won't regret it. You know what is best and what works for you, good luck and wishing you much success.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I log everything except for chewing gum. Tea, vitamins, and an occasional diet pop when I have one so I know where I'm at. I log every food, including a few skittles or a piece of candy, because if something slows my weight loss, or I start to plateau or whatnot, I'll know why.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I log pretty much everything except herbs and spices.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I often don't log zero calorie items, such as diet soda, but I don't drink more than 1 or 2 a day. I occasionally forget to log calorie-free sweeteners that go into unsweetened tea and such. I also don't log the tiny "host" (wafer) + tiny sip of wine (body and blood of Christ) from communion at church. I figure it's negligible and it's only once a week.

Log anything that contains any real caloric value. I have realized that my sugar free gum is 5cal/piece and I've started logging it.. it does add up.