All girls 5'1" .... please post pics and journey success sto

Options

Replies

• clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I just recently started using MFP again and am 5'1" . I see all the wonderful success stories but I am in desperate need of motiviation. I need to know that it is possible for a girl weighing 195 lbs at my height can lose the weight and still look awesome!! Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Its doable. It may take time but you will get there as long as you keep at it. I get frustrated a lot too, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I often felt like it wasn't coming off fast enough but I kept at it and I'm still not at my lightest but I am at my smallest.

I'm 5'2"

You look incredible!

OMG! You look amazing! Im pretty much your size now and want to get to your after pic! Im finding it hard knowing how much/how little to eat and how much and what types of excercise to do!

Any Advice?
    x

* im your before size now.

Thank you!

I'm really excited about this change and I'm still going! In the BEFORE pic I weighed approx. 140 (after 138 I refused to get on the scale for awhile) in the AFTER pic I was at 121.5 (on 11/5) today I'm at 120 but basically look the same.

I work out at an outdoor bootcamp 3xs a week for 60 minutes which consists or cardio (laps, stairs, hills), circuit training (jump squats, push ups, up hill bear crawls, burpees, etc.), and abs (crunches, planks, leg lifts, etc). Sometimes I do it twice a day and mix in other things running, kickboxing, yoga., I aim to burn about 2000 calories per week if not more but am hardly ever in the gym or lifting weights. This week I start weight-lifting. In addition to the bootcamp I did a 90 day Visalus Challenge, basically this protein shake mix that I used a a meal replacement. I would take 2 a day (1 for bkfst in a yogurt smoothie and one either post work out or snack) feel free to look at my food diary its open. Other than that just the standard lots of water and clean eating (lots of protein, low carb, low sugar) and supergreen food supplement.

Thanks again for the kudos, sometimes I still feel like I have a ways to go but its because I forget how far I've come!
    [/quote]

Be patient. When I first started I was so motivated and energized that I thought I could reach my goal within weeks if I worked really hard. Then I started training and talking to trainers and realized that it would actually take MONTHS. By nature I'm not very patient so when I heard from experienced trainers that it would take about 6 months to really see a difference I thought I was doomed and that I would surely give up by then. But at that point I was already 3 months in so I decided to keep doing what I was doing to see if they were right, and guess what, they were!

Its easy to get frustrated and lose focus but I realized that if I tried to do something drastic and lose too fast that I would gain it back just as fast. Just like most people say, there is no magic pill or formula, but if you want to change your body you do have to change your lifestyle first. See above for what worked for me and feel to reach out any time. I'll keep posting as I progress along as well.
    [/quote]

Im struggling to keep motivated atm, as im not seeing any changes yet! Its so frustrating!! Im going to keep going and push the exercise up a notch once ive done my exam in december and try not to scoff too much goodies over christmas! I need to look like you by next summer, otherwise ill look like a frumpy oompa lumpa in a bridesmaid dress! This is not what i want!

Thanks for the inspiration!

xx
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hotforcollege
    hotforcollege Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 went from 130 to 115, 10 more pounds to go
    before
    Screenshot2011-11-06at40914PM.png

after
    Screenshot2011-11-06at83310PM.png
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well done to all the ladies... all the stories and pics are truly inspiring. I hope to be able to add to the thread soon and share before and after progress with you all. :wink:

17193286.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump... Great job everyone.
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I'm 5'3 so technically still considered a shorty. I have a ways to go, but this was inspiring!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm 5'1 almost 5'2, lol.... My highest weight was 164ish as of November 2010, I started MFP last March and bascially started paying attention to what I was eating and how much of it as well as getting my body in motion and burning calories. I will try and post some pics on here. My lowest weight in the Dec 2011 pic is 135.

Nov 2010
    menov2010.jpg

Dec 2010
    me1219112.jpg

Oct 2011
    meoct2011.jpg

Nov 2011
    nov2011.jpg

Dec 2011
    P1010135.jpg
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    -
  • klcatterton
    Options
    I love seeing these posts! I don't have any mid-way pictures yet, not that I'm quite mid-way yet, anyway! I have another five or so pounds to go--I'll take photos then.

I'm 5'3", highest weight 195, goal weight 150. Currently 178.5.
    Started size 16, down to a size 12/14; goal: size 8

Hopefully I'm not too tall for this thread... :)
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    I'm 5 on the dot. I've lost 10 since I started MFP mid January. Still have 60 to go, but you ladies are so inspiring!
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 5'2 maybe a little bit shorter due to an accident in 1999 that left my lower lumbar #2 completely crushed. I weighed in at 212 lbs at my highest on January 4th, I started MFP on January 8th at 208.6. Its is February 22 and I am at 195.8, 17 lbs down and counting. My goal weight is 140 and but I have been taking pics here and there. I have a blog that I started and I have added pics on my blog but they are of me naked just with my girl parts covered. Some people do not like it, some people think I am brave and some understand where I am coming from. To me I look disgusting in those pics and I have to remind myself of that so I keep going. I have seen so much of a difference already its amazing!
    I am actually digging through all my pics to see if I have any before pics with my clothes on...haha lol

You are all doing awesome and I am so proud of all you! Thank you for being such an inspiration to me!
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" but my pictures are from 4 months ago. My profile picture is my current picture. Almost done!!!!
    beforennow.jpg
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 almost 5'2, lol.... My highest weight was 164ish as of November 2010, I started MFP last March and bascially started paying attention to what I was eating and how much of it as well as getting my body in motion and burning calories. I will try and post some pics on here. My lowest weight in the Dec 2011 pic is 135.

Nov 2010
    menov2010.jpg

Dec 2010
    me1219112.jpg

Oct 2011
    meoct2011.jpg

Nov 2011
    nov2011.jpg

Dec 2011
    P1010135.jpg

Your shoes are so cute in both pix! lol

You look great!
  • HopefulMyra
    Options
    I just started like ten days ago I have lost 7 lbs. First few were probably water weight but feel a difference. Starting to see a little change. Crazy how 5 lbs on us short girls looks like twenty! I'm only 5 FT!

I'm only 5 ft too lol. And so far I've just lost 6 lbs. my ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs though.
  • amyllong75
    amyllong75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Started near 190's and I'm currently in the low 170's. Aiming for about 20-25lbs more.

halfway.jpg

WOW!!!! You look like a different person... AMAZING!!!
  • azilana76
    azilana76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and was 196 at my heaviest when I was pregnant. I lost half of my baby weight and gained every lb back. I started my journey at 196 and this morning I weighed in at 173.8. You have to push through when you feel discouraged and not give up. My default photo is a before and after when I was 178 :-) Feel free to add me~~!!

Sharyn
  • fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    buuuuuump!!! I'm 5ft2" and my heaviest was 178.5 lbs, last week it was 143 lbs, no idea what it is now, but im slowly getting to my GW of 120-115. Was scared that i've only done half of the journey and now its the hardes point, but all you great ladies have truly inspired me. thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kenzienmady3
    Options
    Not sure if I'm posting the picture right. But, I was 163 starting out in January. I'm now 151. I lost most of the weight while pregnant with my 2nd child. But, gained so much back afterwards. I run all the time, I hit the gym, and eat well now. I have never felt better.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t367/amandar0810/Picnikcollage.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!