Will you be giving yourself a break over Xmas?

Options
Just wondered what everyone is planning on doing over the Christmas period, I have got a week off from work and it is my full intention to enjoy myself during that week, eating and drinking whatever I want and I am not going to feel guilty either (well, we'll see about that) and then I'm going to get back on it as soon as my birthday is over with (2nd Jan).

I've got a wedding dress fitting on 14th December and it would mess my dress designer up a bit if I lose too much more weight between then and the wedding in June so as long as I'm happy with myself (want to lose another 7lbs before then) I can afford to take the week then get straight back on it.

What are your plans?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Day before Thanksgiving/Christmas= Tough exercising/logging
    Thanksgiving/Christmas= Some exercising/No logging
    Day after Thanksgiving/Christmas = Back to normal

:D
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    I plan on beginning my training for a marathon I'm doing in April..I'm just getting back into the habit of regular exercise and this'll give me something to keep focus on. I tend to STAY on a break if I give myself one haha.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sticking to the same eating habits as I have now, if I take time off it will be really hard to get back into the groove. I like the way I am now, I don't want to over eat or stuff myself with unhealthy food!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue to log through the holidays and enjoy myself. I'll just have to do a little more exercise if I'm going to enjoy a cookie or two.
  • katyclev
    katyclev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I plan to indulge in delicious things over xmas, but I am going to keep my same "portion control" mindframe.

I am going to Mexico in February and want nothing more than to NOT fall off the wagon
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Nope not taking a break over Christmas.
    Still going to be working out and watching calories.
    I don't want to go backwards. =]
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I plan to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas (the actual days). As for the rest? They will be just like every other day. Okay, I'll be honest and say that most likely? Thanksgiving and Christmas will be just like every other day too since I likely won't overindulge.
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sticking to my goal. if I want to eat more and enjoy myself, there is a simple solution:- go work out while everyone is asleep.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I don't know yet ... I am (SO) close to my first goal, un-doing some progress (could be as much as 2-3 months of progress). Life is short and my kids so little, I owe them to be responsible with myself.

I am thinking I will just go lighter on intake a day or 2 before and after blowout days.

Would like anyone else's thoughts.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No way, even though I am almost done, if I take a break especially over Christmas I will sabotage myself. Not caring what I eat over Christmas is a good way for me to gain 10 pounds. I'm not used to eating normally yet to do that in a high calorie holiday.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I may overindulge, but I am going to be honest about it and log everything. I don't understand the not logging it. Just because it's not logged doesn't mean it didn't happen.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    On xmas no logging but after and before xmas logging and exercising!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet ... I am (SO) close to my first goal, un-doing some progress (could be as much as 2-3 months of progress). Life is short and my kids so little, I owe them to be responsible with myself.

I am thinking I will just go lighter on intake a day or 2 before and after blowout days.

Would like anyone else's thoughts.

I think everyone should enjoy the actual day of the holiday...after all, what's a lifestyle change if you can't enjoy yourself every so often?! How often can you have mom's cookies or grandma's pie, or maybe dad's sausage balls? My plan is to do a hard workout the day before TG and Christmas, enjoy myself on the actual days, and back to normal the day after!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I let myself eat and drink whatever I want for Thanksgivings and Christmas. Seriously, it's ONCE a year. I'm not going to make myself skip out on eating what I love.

But as for the times before and after...I never log, but I do try to eat healthy and workout still but I don't go too hard. For me also, I have at least 3 Christmases and it gets pretty hectic and sometimes lots of driving so I don't worry about getting all my workouts in for the week of Christmas.
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    absolutely NOT!!!!....I'll be with my family...witch will always involve food and drinks...My plan is to track all foods good or bad in the green or red...and I have vowed to continue to exercise daily if not twice a day....and I plan on having plenty of fun,fun,fun....:drinker:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i am logging every bite. Plan on altering recipes to be more MFP friendly. :)Nothing is worth going back to the way I was.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Won't log on Xmas and New Year's eve. Not because I want to hide the truth but because I won't be bothered researching calorie count if I know I'm over anyway!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself full permission to enjoy myself both on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve (night) and Day. The rest of the time I plan to stay on track, but if I'm going to stick with this for life, I don't plan on watching what I eat on a holiday with the family. To me, it just wouldn't work. I can't eat as much now as I used to anyway since my stomach and body have gotten used to a more normal diet, so I doubt I'll pig out as much as I may have last year, lol, but I'm not going to restrict myself either.

I will enjoy those days, and I'll be happy and guilt-free, too. If it causes a weight fluctuation, then I'll just get back on track. No harm done. :)
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'll still be logging in but not sure I'll log every chocolate that passes my lips or glass of wine... hmm, everyone has given me food for thought (excuse the pun) maybe I should think about continuing with exercise at least during the week off work, I have to be honest it would be a first if I did!!
  • mama4our
    mama4our Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once Thanksgiving week hits, my weight goal will be to maintain through the end of the year. Come January, I want to resume working on my weight goal!