Going on a date while still legally married....Wrong?

Options
So what do you guys think, honestly....me and my husband are separated and have been since July of this year. We do not communicate in any form or fashion and the divorce papers have already been signed and sent off to the court and have been filed. Its all a matter of waiting until everything is final. There is NO HOPE, let me say this again, NO HOPE that he and I will EVER, EVER, EVER, EVERRRRRR get back together, lol! Hope that was clear. Now, I've met someone and he wants to take me out for a simple freaking cup of coffee. Is there anything wrong with that? While I respect my mommy she is so sacrilegious and believes that me and my husband are still in a "marriage agreement" and I am not allowed to date until my divorce is final. I would think having sex with someone while still legally married would definitely be wrong but a flipping cup of coffee? Come on!!! What do you guys think?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I did. So, my biased opinion is that it's OK. :)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would go
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    GO for it! :D
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Coffee would be great have fun enjoy yourself
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    If you are divorcing with NO hope or expectation of reconciliation, I don't see what the big deal is. Especially if you're just going for coffee. I'm interested to hear some other opinions though.
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's just coffee... Go for it!
    Plus I doubt your soon to be ex is living a celibate life until the divorce is final.
    Have a great time!
  • kln83
    kln83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started dating while I was still legally married. Go for it!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    my ex and I both did so.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You are a grown up, do what you want. I would. :)
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a coffee date in my opinion! Have fun!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'd go!
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You don't need a piece of paper to tell you it's over. I will say, that when I got mine with the little gold seal that I was one happy girl.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I did. If the marriage is over, the marriage is over...a piece of paper does not make a difference.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    go! technically I'm still married, but I haven't heard from the jerk in 2 years! Been dating all this time. ;)
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I did. So, my biased opinion is that it's OK. :)

Ditto
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I did before my divorce was final. I also knew in my "Chris Tucker" voice that we were never ever ever gonna get back together again. I'd be a fool if I did. I'm sure my mom wasn't thrilled but at the same time I was a grown a** women. Just don't tell her lol.
  • chefgorman
    chefgorman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It is O.K. and you have every right to be happy regardless of other people opinions.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that cup of joe with someone who's (hopefully) better than the last! :drinker:
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    He's too hot for me to pass the opportunity up!! lol! My argument to my mom was why should my life be on hold for my husband when HE decided to leave? I don't think that's fair....of course I'm going to be wise with my choices but coffee is so innocent...thanks for everyone's feedback! :drinker:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    As long as the new guy knows and doesn't mind being your rebound.