Going on a date while still legally married....Wrong?

Options

Replies

• Ksnoddy87
    Options
    I did before my divorce was final. I also knew in my "Chris Tucker" voice that we were never ever ever gonna get back together again. I'd be a fool if I did. I'm sure my mom wasn't thrilled but at the same time I was a grown a** women. Just don't tell her lol.

Dude, I so wanted to say that to my mom but I knew she would back hand me, lol (doesn't matter how old you get with her, lol)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's fine.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Just coffee?? Heck no.. no problem. Beyond that could get sticky, but not just coffee...
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    As long as you're comfortable with it, I don't see the problem.
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I did. So, my biased opinion is that it's OK. :)

Ditto

Yep me too. Go for it!
  • 1myfit
    1myfit Posts: 69
    Options
    Just make sure you use sweet and low......0 cals. I think then she will be ok with it. LOL
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't say I said that to my mom LMAO. I knew better than then that. I just didn't tell her at first lol.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. Your 'soon to be ex' probably already has!!!
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    Go for it! You don't need a piece of paper to tell you it's over. I will say, that when I got mine with the little gold seal that I was one happy girl.

I totally agree...his absence alone is confirmation for me, lol!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    If papers have been counter-signed and it's just coffee..it's a no-brainer, go for it. Sorry to hear about everything
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You know, a good test of this new guy would be to go for coffee with him and enjoy the time. If he wants sex, tell him you're not comfortable doing that while you are still legally married. His response will tell you a LOT about him!
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I went through that issue with my ex when we divorced... I have no qualms about it and didn't feel guilty about it either. You are going out on a date - I wouldn't go past first base until after it's "signed, sealed, and delivered" verdict though.
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    I say go for it. Your 'soon to be ex' probably already has!!!

I'm pretty sure, lol!!! *rolls eyes*
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Hey it's only coffee.. go out... have FUN!! :))

10879315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I may be biased since I went on a date while still legally married - but, it is okay in my book. The papers are signed. You aren't doing it in secret or behind his back -- the end of the marriage is imminent. I say go for it.
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    If papers have been counter-signed and it's just coffee..it's a no-brainer, go for it. Sorry to hear about everything

no apologies necessary...it is what it is...lesson learned lol!!!
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    You know, a good test of this new guy would be to go for coffee with him and enjoy the time. If he wants sex, tell him you're not comfortable doing that while you are still legally married. His response will tell you a LOT about him!

VERY true!!!
  • ¤valor¤
    ¤valor¤ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why wait for paperwork? If its a done deal for sure... Go have fun!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't do it, but I think you should make the decision based on your own convictions. I would decided based on how you feel about it. You know if it will make you feel guilty or not. We can't tell you that. :)
  • Ksnoddy87
    Options
    Just make sure you use sweet and low......0 cals. I think then she will be ok with it. LOL

LOL!!! right!!