Meet people like you on MFP- a questionnaire.

Options

Replies

• abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Name: Abbie
    Lives in: Arlington, Virginia (DC Suburbs)
    Want to lose: Original goal was 50 pounds, and I'm hovering between 30-35 pounds lost. I think ultimately I'd go for 55-60, but no more than that.
    Fave movies: Life as a House, Europa Europa, Happy Feet, Little Women
    Fave books: A Tale of Two Cities, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Fave TV: Law and Order: SVU, How I Met Your Mother
    Fave music: basically everything
    Fave sports: Cross country running, skiing, lacrosse
    Hobbies: cross stitching, scrapbooking, baking
    Interests: criminology, crime, and criminal justice
    List 5 random facts about yourself:
    (1) I'm getting married to the love of my life and my best friend in March 2013
    (2) I believe life should come with a soundtrack
    (3) I would rather have 5 amazing friends than 50 acquaintances
    (4) I think the best states in this country are actually Commonwealths (Born and raised in Massachusetts, live in Virginia)
    (5) There is nothing better than a warm night at Fenway with a cold beer
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Name: Angela
    Lives in: outside Philadelphia :)
    Want to lose: 3 pounds to get to my first goal weight, then another 10-15!
    Favorite movies: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Clueless
    Favorite books: Perks of Being a Wallflower, Harry Potter
    Favorite T.V: The Office, GLEE!, Greys Anatomy, Always Sunny, reality shows like Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, Campus PD
    Favorite music: practically anything and I mean that...
    Favorite sports: like to watch baseball (PHILLIES!) and football
    Hobbies: reading, watching movies, sleeping, shopping
    Interests: my wedding, my dog, the radio/traffic industry
    List 5 random facts about yourself
    1. I love uggs (don't hate, I make them look good!)
    2. I'm scared of hair cuts
    3. I sat in on 2 tapings of the Maury show (you are NOT the father!)
    4. My biggest fears are my teeth falling out, rape vans, and drowning in a water bed
    5. I'm a daddy's girl and always will be!
  • cariliz
    Options
    Name: Cari

Lives in: Germany

Want to lose: about 60 lbs

Fave movies: Dirty Dancing, The Goonies, Pretty Woman, Princess Bride, Can’t Buy Me Love, Big Daddy, Meet Joe Black, The Notebook, P.S. I Love You, A Man Apart, Twilight Series

Fave books: Mostly non-fiction…..but trying to finish the Twilight Series(I’m still on Twilight)

Fave TV: Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Dexter, The Walking Dead

Fave music: Anything except country (well, besides Lady Antebellum)…some of my favs are Bon Jovi, Marc Anthony, Adele, Jessie J……and I love me some NKOTB!

Fave sports: to watch-Football both NFL(Go BILLS!) & college(Go Huskers!)

Hobbies: Traveling, cooking & SHOPPING! I love boasting about an awesome deal. =)

Interests: Spending time w/ the fam, dancing, and interior decorating

1) I have a brown recluse scar on my left leg.

2) I have NEVER lived anywhere longer than 6 years(Thanks to the Air Force, as a dependent child growing up & now a spouse.)

3) My parents met on a blind date(And have been married for 40+ years) and likewise, my husband and I met on a blind date(12 years married).

4) I have always hated the color red(something my mom said when I was growing up), so I NEVER wear red. Until last week I purchased two red pieces of clothing…..I figured it’s a NEW me!

5) I absolutely despise green beans.
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    Name: Tricia

Lives in: Pompey, UK:

Want to lose: 59lbs left to first girl then possibly another 15-20lbs

Fave movies: a walk to remember, mary poppins

Fave books: matilda,the catcher in the rye

Fave TV: t.v whats that?? never my turn for remote here!!

Fave music: bette midler, bonnie tyler, dolly parton, fleetwood mac, the carpenters :)

Fave sports: dont do sport im afraid

Hobbies: not a lot, chatting, playing with my babies and spending money lol

Interests:

1. Im very insecure
    2. I can play the flute
    3. Im a mummy of 4, 2boys 2 girls, one being a prem baby born at 28 weeks
    4. I have a thing about things "going well together" My boys names both begin with F and my girls G lol
    5. I used to be a freelance model
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Name: Melanie
    Lives in: near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Want to lose: About 75lbs
    Fave movies: The Breakfast Club, Serendipity, Transformers, Sleepless in Seattle
    Fave books: Not a reader
    Fave TV: The Big Bang Theory, CSI Miami, Blue Bloods, Two Broke Girls, Ringer, Surviror, The Biggest Loser
    Fave music: Top 40, Hard rock
    Fave sports: I love love hockey!!
    Hobbies: don't really have any
    Interests: photography, family, friends

1. I am messy at home but very organized at work
    2. I am a big flirt.
    3. I am going to be a great Aunt and not even 40 yet.
    4. I am a very sarcastic person.
    5. I am always smiling, people wonder what I am up to, LOL.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    Lives in: Tennessee
    Want to lose: About 25 more lbs
    Fave movies: Somewhere in Time. Tombstone
    Fave books: Avid Reader(books not stupid nooks or kindles)
    Fave TV: The Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, Hawaii 5-0, Trueblood
    Fave music: At present anything Metallica, BlueGrass, Classical. My mood varies with music. My son calls my ipod, bi-polar radio.
    Fave sports: Not a sports fan,
    Hobbies: Playing PS3 Move games with my son, Hiking
    Interests: people in general, interest me.

1. I dont know that I have ever really been "in love"
    2. My children and gbabies mean everything to me.
    3. I always have music with me
    4. I am making headway on the self esteem issues
    5. I am bored with all foods at the present.
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Name: Anne
    Lives in: Reno, NV moving! to Sacramento, Ca on Dec 22nd
    Want to lose: 120ish total I have around 90 to go ( - I'm becoming more concerned with being healthy and toned than just skinny, but either way I have a long way to go
    Fave movies: Bromances, chick flicks, comedies
    Fave books: I've been into memoirs lately, I read "Bossypants", just finished "The Help" (not a memoir), and I'm now reading "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?"
    Fave TV: How I Met Your Mother, Glee, The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec
    Fave music: Country, Blues, Jazz, Top 40
    Fave sports: Baseball!!!
    Hobbies: I used to swing dance a lot, but lately I'm just invested my time in finishing school, now I mostly go on walks with my dog
    Interests: Reading, traveling, fitness, Behavioral Psychology
    1. I've always been overweight
    2. I don't have kids - just my pup
    3. I'm moving in with my boyfriend this month
    4. I don't like bare white walls
    5. I live in my pajamas when I'm at home
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Name: Ed
    Lives in: Westland, Michigan, USA
    Want to lose: I am 305.6 and want to lose another 65.6 pounds to get to 240. Did I mention I am anal? lol
    Fave movies: Bad Lieutenant (NC-17 version), Copland, (500) Days of Summer, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Star Trek II, LA Story, South Park Movie, The Harold and Kumar movies, Blade Runner, 28 Days,
    Fave TV: Curb Your Enthusiasm (HUGE fan), Flight of the Conchords, Conan, not much on TV other than that.
    Fave music: Joe Jackson, Paramore, Evanescence, Godsmack, anything hard rock, blues or alternative is cool.
    Fave sports: Hockey, bicycling, college football and basketball.
    Hobbies: None other than working right now. I do like hiking in the woods. Used to play chess but too nerve racking.
    Interests: Health and fitness, sex, lawn care and food :) (no one is reading this right?)
    1. I flirt inappropriately
    2. My MBTI type is INFJ.
    3. I am a Yooper
    4. I used to play curling
    5. I used to work at a record store and secretly wish that had been my career.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Name: Kelsi
    Lives in: A podunk town in SE Texas :D
    Want to lose:Not an ounce.
    Fave movies: Horror movies. Any of them
    Fave books: Gone with the Wind, Water For Elephants (WAY before the movie was announced), World War Z
    Fave TV: The Food Network, Science Channel, and Animal Planet .mostly, though....The Walking Dead
    Fave music: Heavy metal
    Fave sports: i ran track in high school. i'm not a team sports kind of gal. I also enjoy barrel racing.
    Hobbies: art, writing, gardening (i've got a mean fall garden going on right now)
    Interests: healthy cooking, dog training, animal rescue, classic Mustangs, and fitness (duh)
    1. I dropped out of Art School because i didn't like paying lots of money for someone to tell me i had to draw like everyone else.
    2. I was voted "Most Unique" in high school.
    3. When i was young, i wanted to be a vet, but realized i like animals far too much to ever have to put one to sleep.
    4. I have a tendency to plow through life unabashedly, and i step on people's toes a lot (and my opinion of that is keep your feet out of my way.)
    5. I have broken my little toe on my right foot three times, all times involving a pair of pants and a bed in some way. And i bave broken my nose twice, once headbutted by a friend and once headbutted by a dog.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Name: Ann
    Lives in: Greater London, London, UK
    Want to lose: 31.9kg
    Fave movies: Bourne Supremacy, Chronicles of Rid****, Pitch Black, Babylon AD, xXx (anyone yet realised I do like a bit of Vin diesel? ^^), Greenstreet Hooligans, Out of the blue (I am talking NZ films here not the crappy american thing ^^), Price of MIlk, Irrefutable Truth about Demons, the first 20 minutes of Harry Potter and the Golet of Fire *chuckles*
    Fave TV: Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Strike Back Project Dawn
    Fave music: Prodigy (oy, I still want Keith Flients children lol), Florence and the machine, Metallica, ASP, Type O Negative, Mumford and Sons, Tschaikovsky...
    Fave sports: Handball, Volleyball, Rugby, Boxing, Dancing
    Hobbies: Proper Hiking in the Mountains, the Gym at the mo
    Interests: Reading, Festivals, Music... lots of things though and constantly changing...
    1. I have road rage
    2. I am a potty mouth
    3. I like another tattoo
    4. I will move to the sea side
    5. I once wanted to be a Lawyer...
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fave movies: Bourne Supremacy, Chronicles of Rid****, Pitch Black, Babylon AD, xXx (anyone yet realised I do like a bit of Vin diesel? ^^), Greenstreet Hooligans, Out of the blue (I am talking NZ films here not the crappy american thing ^^), Price of MIlk, Irrefutable Truth about Demons, the first 20 minutes of Harry Potter and the Golet of Fire *chuckles*
    Fave music: Prodigy (oy, I still want Keith Flients children lol), Florence and the machine, Metallica, ASP, Type O Negative, Mumford and Sons, Tschaikovsky...
    Interests: Reading, Festivals, Music... lots of things though and constantly changing...
    1. I have road rage
    2. I am a potty mouth
    3. I like another tattoo
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am no my way out to the gym but want to make sure to write in this message bored.:smile:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Name: Joslyn
    Lives in: The sticks in Minnesota
    Want to lose: 30 pounds would be nice, but I'd settle for another 25.
    Fave movies: The Jerk, Bridget Jones, Bridesmaids is a new favorite, Anne of Green Gables series.
    Fave books: Anything Louisa May Alcott that was too "dark" to be published in her lifetime (i.e. none of that "Little Women" crap), Bridget Jones, Jennifer Wiener books, Laurie Notaro.
    Fave TV: THE MIDDLE. Watching Sue is like looking into the past, and Frankie is my present. Mike is my husband pretty much. Also love Modern Family, The Office, and I'm liking Whitney.
    Fave music: I'm kind of all over the map here. I love Ingrid Michaelson and Justin Timberlake and Timbaland and Emma Johnson (clarinet performer). So yeah, quite a variety.
    Fave sports: Eh.
    Hobbies: I do not understand. What is a hobby?
    Interests: Real estate (I'm a real estate agent), midwifery (I want to be a nurse practitioner midwife), music, health, and the endocrine system. I'm a nut about the endocrine system. Weird, I know.
    1. I'm somewhat OCD about a few things.
    2. I have a crazy 3 year old and an angelically good 20 month old, which makes life somewhat insane.
    3. I'm avoiding doing work right now.
    4. I love to drive.
    5. I just got done installing laminate flooring in approximately half of my house, so I'm still "reconstructing" my life.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Name: Anne
    Lives in: Reno, NV moving! to Sacramento, Ca on Dec 22nd
    Want to lose: 120ish total I have around 90 to go ( - I'm becoming more concerned with being healthy and toned than just skinny, but either way I have a long way to go
    Fave movies: Bromances, chick flicks, comedies
    Fave books: I've been into memoirs lately, I read "Bossypants", just finished "The Help" (not a memoir), and I'm now reading "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?"
    Fave TV: How I Met Your Mother, Glee, The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec
    Fave music: Country, Blues, Jazz, Top 40
    Fave sports: Baseball!!!
    Hobbies: I used to swing dance a lot, but lately I'm just invested my time in finishing school, now I mostly go on walks with my dog
    Interests: Reading, traveling, fitness, Behavioral Psychology
    1. I've always been overweight
    2. I don't have kids - just my pup
    3. I'm moving in with my boyfriend this month
    4. I don't like bare white walls
    5. I live in my pajamas when I'm at home

LOVE Bossypants! Have you read "Hypocrite in a White Poofy Dress"? Thinking you'll love it. Funny memoir!
  • cariliz
    Options
    1. I have road rage
    2. I am a potty mouth
    3. I like another tattoo

Ann

I love me some Vin too! :love:
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Name: Rob
    Lives in: Lakewood, CO (Denver metro)
    Want to lose: 50 more
    Fave drama movies: The Mission, Vanilla Sky, Forrest Gump, Elizabethtown, Romeo + Juliet
    Fave other movies: Dumb & Dumber, Tommy Boy, 50 First Dates
    Fave books: Anna Karenina, I am Legend, Job (from the Bible), I also like Poe & London
    Fave TV: Jeopardy, Seinfeld, Myth Busters, Dean of Invention, anything science or nature
    Fave music: Pink Floyd, SRV, Hendrix, any of the guitar masters, Patty Griffin, blues, bluegrass
    Fave sports: Watch hockey, play baseball
    Hobbies: Snowboarding, writing (on occasion), learning, hiking, fishing, hunting
    Hobbies I’d like to adopt: Art, bouldering, snowshoeing, piano, guitar
    Interests: Art, science, my faith system, the outdoors

5 random facts about myself:

My favorite thing in the whole wide world is to be impressed or inspired by things that are new to me. It could be art, inventions, places, cultures, natural phenomena, ideas, even plants. Anything. I get all mushy just thinking about the first time I saw a Magnolia tree in bloom (we don’t have anything like that where I live), or visiting the Notre Dame campus one quiet summer evening (I went to a dinky little school with no tradition), or visiting Washington D.C., Madrid… the world is full of amazing stuff, and I cannot get enough.

I have had my two front teeth knocked out at least 4 times starting in 2nd grade – sidewalk face-plant while jumping my bike, getting hit in the mouth by rocks being thrown at me (two separate events), and getting hit in the mouth by a baseball. My teeth were broken or broken out several more times, but those were the four major ones. We didn’t play video games when I was a kid. We grew up for real.

I have had the privilege of facing imminent death. I was surprisingly calm about it, as well, which is kind of comforting when I think back on it. In a rafting accident, once, I got separated from the raft, my life jacket came up around my head and I basically fatigued out before I could get any control over the situation. I was doing the dead man float when they pulled me out, though I don’t think I was totally unconscious. I still had some kind of consciousness or thoughts, despite everything sort of blacking out. I wrote about it immediately so that I would never forget any of the thoughts and feelings of those moments. You just don’t let experiences like that get away from you. It almost completely occupied my mind for a couple of weeks.

I absolutely thrive on friendship, but have an extremely difficult time meeting new people – it’s my curse.

I am a Social Studies teacher and Special Educator, as well as an adjunct instructor at a small college.
  • branflake5
    Options
    Name: Brandy
    Lives in: California
    Want to lose: 28 lbs
    Fave movies: Wedding Singer, Just Friends, A Lot Like Love, Nightmare Before Christmas, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Amityville Horror (newer one) to name a few
    Fave books: I don't really have a fav I like true crime, not sure I have ever read the same book twice other than the Cat in the Hat which I have read prob 500 times lol kids loved it
    Fave TV: American Horror Story, Dexter, Walking Dead, 2 Broke Girls, Friends (always be a fav) ID Discovery channel
    Fave music: Deftones, NIN, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, 311, Sublime, Pearl Jam, also loves 80's & 90's cover bands:)
    Fave sports: to play ummm kickball... swimming... volleyball. to watch well I can tolerate football when I am forced to but I ask lots of questions so that usually gets me out of it;)
    Hobbies: drawing, cooking
    Interests: art, music, animals
    1. I like animals more than most people
    2. I have every drawing, card, school artwork my children have ever done
    3. I don't have many friends IRL but the ones I have, we have been friends for 10yrs or more.
    4. I am new to California and miss my hometown Cincinnati, Ohio
    5. Snuggling is one of my fav things to do (I should have put this in my interests)
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Name: Christina
    Lives in: Ocala, Fl
    Want to lose: 30lbs for now.
    Fave movies: Scott Pilgrim, Because I Said So, Pride and Prejudice, Marie Antoinette, American Beauty, anything with Jim Carrey.
    Fave books: Pride and Prejudice, Lord of Fire, Jane Eyre, The Great Gatsby, Elephant Man, Catcher in The Rye.
    Fave TV: Gossip Girl, Friends, Sex and the City
    Fave music: House and ROCK!
    Fave sports: Walking, swimming.
    Hobbies: Reading, painting, drawing, writing, scrap booking, walking
    Interests: Design, art, psychedelics, fashion, health, nature.
    1. I work at a bank and I hate money.
    2. I love volunteering
    3. I studied Interior design at AIFL.
    4. I love mushrooms!
    5. I am obsessed with all things rococo and victorian!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Name: Brittany
    Lives in: New Britain, Connecticut
    Want to lose: More than a hundred pounds.
    Fave movies: The Holiday, The Wizard of Oz, Across the Universe
    Fave books: How to Read Literature Like a Professor, Go Ask Alice, Trough the Looking Glass, Harry Potter series
    Fave TV: Corner Gas, Scrubs (the older episodes), Leverage, Jeopardy!, Boy Meets World.
    Fave music: Hm,. I love The Beatles. John Mayer, Colbie Callait, a girl called Haley Klinkhammer who isn't famous but amazingly talented. She goes by haleybop on youtube.
    Fave sports: I don't like sports, that's why I'm fat :P But I like to watch futball (soccer, to most people)
    Hobbies: Reading, sleeping, playing Mario and Kirby, anything gun-related.
    Interests: Anatomy, Medical Terminology, guns, sociology, dreamology, religion, nature.
    1. I, like the OP, enjoy listing things :D
    2. I have more than 30 guns in my home. They are all awesome.
    3. When I was younger I REALLY thought I was going to marry a Jonas Brother. Literally.
    4. I'm almost always in a good mood, even if I'm not having a particularly wonderful day. I don't try to be in a good mood, it just happens.
    5. I'm not wearing pants. True story.
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options

LOVE Bossypants! Have you read "Hypocrite in a White Poofy Dress"? Thinking you'll love it. Funny memoir!

I haven't!! I'll have to go find it.