Warning: Gross subject

Options
124»

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Everyday I have yougurt, apple, veggies and at least 8 cups of water and still can't go!!

Im on day 5 with no action now lol feeling very bloated :(

Did you actually track the amount of fiber in the apple and veggies? It's probably less than you think. Aim for 30-35 grams a day. I suggest whole grains, fiber cereals, and maybe some fiber supplements.
  • slayerdan
    Options
    Have you tried anal? Kidding.....it gets better and goes away.....eat alot of broccoli 2x a week and lots of water.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all 3 pages of responses; sorry for any redundancy. If you can, get tested for common food allergies. My best friend had this problem for most of her life as well and turns out she was allergic to a bunch of stuff she had been eating every single day of her life since childhood. She said once she eliminated those things she became "normal" (in the bathroom anyway).
  • bdmom3
    bdmom3 Posts: 21
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of warm or even room temperature water, with lemon. I buy real lemon and it does the trick every morning. I mix my Emergen-C in it to taste better and less sour.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL. This is so wrong. So if you eat 6 times a day you have 6 stools?
    What you say is valid for IBS and this is not the case here.
    The general no. is one maybe two per day. This is normal function without events. :)

No, eating healthy regulates everything. You should have a bowel for every time you eat (if you eat 2x's a day, you should have 2 bowel movements).

Are you getting enough fiber? Are you eating fresh fruits and veggies? Are you drinking plenty of water?
  • slnash
    slnash Posts: 16
    Options
    SMOOTH MOVE TEA- I drink it once or twice a month because I always get "clogged up" right before my period.

Lol cause a poop thread wasn't enough

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    No, eating healthy regulates everything. You should have a bowel for every time you eat (if you eat 2x's a day, you should have 2 bowel movements).

Are you getting enough fiber? Are you eating fresh fruits and veggies? Are you drinking plenty of water?

Is that right? I have never heard that before. I eat 3 meals plus snacks like fruit and I just go once. Am I going to die?

bahaha!

being regular is what is healthy. a movement EVERY time you eat? I doubt that is true for everyone.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    When the scale started to drop for me, my bowel movements decreased as well. I had read that fat is not loss through your bowel movements. Fat is cells that increase or decrease. I eat a substantial amount of Fiber and drink lots of water!!

When I have more often bowel movements, I notice the scale goes up as well.

When I had my gastric bypass surgery, because of my decrease in food intake, the doctor said I might only have a BM 1-2 times a week. But then some weeks I will have a bowel movement daily. Eh, whatev!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    . His suggestion was definitely more water and to GRADUALLY increase your fiber, not go from minimal to pedal-to-the-metal high fiber, whole grain, bark and twigs all at once.

Definitely this. A lot the time when people start eating more healthily they start eating foods they haven't put into their bodies for years! These are also foods that have components or chemicals (relax, I'm not saying they are unhealthy, I'm talking naturally occurring stuff here) that certain people will be at least partially intolerant to, not to mention a whole lot more fibre than you are used to.

You may find this diet sheet from the British Dietetic Association useful http://www.bda.uk.com/publications/IBSdietary_resource.pdf The constipation section is at the bottom but if you have any of the other symptoms such as wind or bloating then other sections may be useful too.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    did you cut out coffee?? i love coffee. it makes me poop.