Goal weight for 5'10 female?

Options

Replies

• 7memyselfandI
    Options
    I'm 5'10", HW was 185, I'm down to 150 right now, goal is 140-145...
  • lorals05
    Options
    I am 5'9 and currently weigh around 162. For my frame (and knowing what I used to look like), I would like to get to a goal weight of 145-150. I look ok now, it's just not toned. I have a thinner frame, but a muscular build if that makes any sense....
  • dointhis4me
    dointhis4me Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'9" and I'm currently at 154lbs which is little more than halfway to my goal of 130. For the people saying they don't think they can get under 175... pfft. That's utter bull. I work in an auto parts factory, it's physically demanding, walking upwards of 6 miles per day and repeatedly lifting heavy parts. I'm more muscular than I've ever been and I'm still down to 155 with belly flub and saggy inner thighs... there's still a lot of weight to lose!

Don't limit yourself. Merely state that this 175 limit is your first goal. Then re-evaluate and press on!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 130lbs, I've got a small frame. I'm sitting around 165lbs at the moment and still feel quite big. Everyone is different though - looking at my sister (I try not too, she's got an amazing figure!!) and her weight and figure I'd need to weigh quite a bit less than her to look the same as her...if that makes sense?!
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I'd like to be 150, because i look good between 145 and 160, and I tend to bounce around pretty quickly. I'm currently 194 and I've been down as low as 182 in the last year... Next year by this time I'd like to be down and have maintained.

I'd also like to make it to 160 by my 33rd birthday, and 150 by the fall. Not sure if that's possible for ME. That'd be 34 lbs in 5 months... I will have to work HARD. Time to step up the exercise.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently weigh 152ish.. but I'm looking to get down to 140.

My trainer thinks I'm going to disappear but I think I'll be ok.
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", the lowest I have been in the last 12 months was about 148 (size 6-8), currently 156 (size 8-10). I would love to get to 140 - 145lb and be an easy size 6 but we are trying for baby #2, so just trying to get back to the 150-152 range while I can! My sister who has the same build as me is around 130-135 at 5'9" and still looks healthy and is about a size 4-6.
  • bigfluffyjujubird
    Options
    i am 5 9 and my goal is 161-168 really depends on your frame, check out the bmi tool that will give you an idea, anything under about 161 for me and i actually start to look ill, as an adult i think the lowest i have been is around the 151 mark and people just thought i was ill, i have a really large frame though and shoulders like a wrestler!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is a solid 150. I think any less would be too hard to get to and maintain.

Same for me. I could probably get lower but it would be way too hard. I have a medium build.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 175lbs. I used to be 145 (many years ago) and my doctor was very concerned that I was underweight at the time. He wanted me at 160. I am a classic pear shape though and carry more weight on my butt and thighs. At 145 you could count my ribs and vertebrae! I think the ideal weight depends on your shape and bone structure. I will probably go until I feel strong and healthy and then switch to maintaining. But I'm well past the bikini phase of my life!! LOL
  • xellenx
    xellenx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 11 and want to be 147lbs i've been around 163 for about a year, the lowest i can get to is about 153 for about a day and get excited its under 11 and get bored and go back again! also so nice to hear from tall girls it just impossible comparing with 5ft 3 people! what size are people wanting to be as well?
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    5'11" here. 160 in my profile pic. I would like to be 155, but with low(er!) body fat. I've been trying to lose 5 pounds for 7 months!! lol! I think I'm in the midst of the longest plateau EVER!!!
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    165lbs for me.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 150lbs. I am at 166lbs now and I think I would be satisfied if the extra skin would just tighten up already! in other words, I will be happy when the jiggle is gone, regardless of the number on the scale.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 180 first, but if I don't like how Iook there, I'll lose to 170.
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 11 and want to be 147lbs i've been around 163 for about a year, the lowest i can get to is about 153 for about a day and get excited its under 11 and get bored and go back again! also so nice to hear from tall girls it just impossible comparing with 5ft 3 people! what size are people wanting to be as well?

I agree totally!. Im 5ft 11 too. I started off on here at 177 and am currently down to 159. In the past ive been up way, way higher than 177 and got down through Weightwatchers to 157 - but like you it only lasted one solitary week!

If i can see that 157 again I'll be satisfied, and will be happy to waiver over a few pounds.

I darent lose any more .... my boobies are like fried eggs already!! x
  • pfeiferfit
    Options
    For sizing, I've been a 6 (and with vanity Gap sizing, a 4) but I'm sitting in baggy 15's today, so I'd love to be an 8 the rest of my life. And I'll get there. At that point, if the muscles are there, I don't care if I'm 180, but I know at that size i'd be about 150-155.
  • pfeiferfit
    Options
    Also wanted to add it's SO frustrating thinking about weight when you can't see height. I'd be SCARED to see us at 110 but if you're 5'1 it's reasonable. Also at 170 I'd look pretty good, but again, if you're much shorter it's not a healthy weight.
  • fitkoc
    fitkoc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i'm 5"11 and not small boned, my goal is set for 150, purely for BMI to be at the midpoint of my healthly BMI, purely as a goal, i've been doing MFP for 4 weeks now, and i've lost 5 pds....it seems the weight really takes its time to come off, i started at 181, which was still healthy bmi but certainly heading for overweight. i find that the toning makes a huge difference, the scale difference doesn't really help much except for your mental goals daily. tone up, you'll feel great! i've decided to do 5 pounds at a time and let me body adjust, and when i feel good, just maintain. i have to say being more aware of what your putting into your body, makes a difference as well, keep it up!
  • bigfluffyjujubird
    Options
    i want to be a UK 12 if i can be or a small 14 so thats a US 10-12 as i think you guys are a size lower than us , i soooo need to shop in the US drop a dress size already without thinking about it woohoo!

i dont want to be toned i have so much to do and just about fit in 30 mins on the treadmill 3-4 days a week as i have a small person to look after plus i work so size 12-14, i am currently Uk 16-18.

uk size 12 in normal shops and a 14 in "those" shops where everything is smaller just because they can hahaa