do you toss out the bread?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Why order a burger? Just fry your own hamburger patty at home.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I actually replace the bun with a sandwich thin. 100 calories, fiber and low in sugar. I also have had a salad and cut up a turkey burger and threw it in. OK lets get real here, I didn't throw it in, that's just rediculous! I twirled around as I tossed it high in the air bounced it off the microwave and into my salad while doing a 360 cartwheel style triple antandra dble axel with a bangin high five to yo mother. :noway:
  • val205
    val205 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I never used to but I've just watched the fat head movie on you tube and it's totally changed my way of thinking. I'll be tossing the bread for sure now :)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    If you like it, fit it into your calories. Most commercially prepared breads are too calorie-dense and nutrient-poor (not to mention bland) for me to really care about them. I'd rather have bacon and avocado and skip the bun.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I eat a burger from a restaurant I eat the bread. When I have cravings at home I actually have a burger meal saved in my diary. I pile lettuce on a plate, tomatoes, 1 chopped pickle spear, some fat free shredded cheddar, 1 serving or less of cooked lean beef drained, and I use ketchup and mustard as dressing. I love my burger salads!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    (threadjack over)

I like eating hamburgers bunless with a fork. I'd rather eat my calories in the form of bacon and grilled onions on top. Yum yum.

I never understood that either. Do you know how much bacon I could get instead of a soggy, greasy piece of bread??
  • emt8672
    Options
    I try not to eat much bread any more, I have switched to Jospehs lavash bread its delish (i was very hesitant at 1st ) but it is only 50 calories for 1/2 .
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I cut out bread as I suspect a mild wheat intolerance as I bloat instantly and put on about 3lbs by end of day. I use Gluten free bread so can have my toast and eggs at weekend (only once a week) and I still only go up by 1lb a day since going low carb.