Kidding.....

sorta. :bigsmile:

No, no. I think you have it right. MEN HAVE NEEDS TOO!!! :sad:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    BJs always work for my man....
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    You apologized and that should be it. Leave him alone and greet him with a normal hello when he comes home.
    My husband has been very angry with me before, but if he ever let my phone calls go to voice mail, I would not continue to phone him.
    Your husband sounds like he deals with being upset like I do. If my husband upsets me, he knows to leave me alone and all will be fine later. If he continues to try to talk with me, it will get worse.
    We always end up discussing what happened, later in the day. Maybe your husband will be cooled down later and you can tell him face to face that you are sorry and will try not to laugh at things like that again.
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 544 Member
    I hate when guys/girls do this crap. Life is too short to be angry... what if something happens to you and you are in a fight?? The last thing you want to have as a memory is "I was fighing with him/her about something stupid."

On another note, I vote a *kitten*. *kitten* solve all arguements in my relationship... LOL
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Stop calling and texting him for a bit. Let him cool off, then tonight, just sit down with him and face to face apologize (I hate phone apologies). It's not groveling, it's communicating better. Then ask him, moving forward, that when sharing something super important, if it's obvious you're not getting the topic's importance, if maybe he could calmly clue you in so you're both on the same page.

I've been here, done this. My husband is the poster boy for ADD so he totally does not tune into other people's emotions without a head's up...and sadly, I'm over reading situations so we're always clarifying tone and height of emotion. Otherwise, it would be a Nugent style "Free For All" anytime we talked! LOL!

Good luck and, BTW...a nice dinner is always helpful! :flowerforyou:

This is perfect IMHO! Definitely stop with the phone contact - he obviously needs time to stew for a bit and doesn't want to hear from you right now. As soon as you can, have some alone time with him and give him that face to face apology and let him know you're ready to listen to him now. Maybe over the phone conversations about those sorts of things should be off base too - save them for when you can be more tuned in to each other in person so you don't misconstrue his feelings on the subject.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Hey There,

Please remember to reserve sexual content for posts made in Groups, per this item of the guidelines: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    By him the book "Everyone Poops" as I assume that's what his problem is.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    LIKE!
    just to clarify, a DH is a designated hitter.

thank you

Back on subject, if you said sorry nothing else you can do.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    I vote BJ.

Kidding.....

sorta. :bigsmile:

No, no. I think you have it right. MEN HAVE NEEDS TOO!!! :sad:

Pfft! That was MY answer....NOT kidding.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Have an ice cold beer a steak sandwich and a dome job waiting for him when he gets home.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    My husband would want me to leave it be. It's hard for me. But I just have to stop bugging him about it. He'll come around.

But the sammich and a beer never hurts, either...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I thought DH was dumb husband... All this time I was like..whew others like me! :-D
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Not enough people are suggesting a beej.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Me personally, I would tell him to "SUCK IT UP", but I really don't care how my husband feels. So if you do, don't listen to me.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Good for you. I'd had to have felt super, mega, really bad to have sent the message you did. If he wanted to press the issue still -- after that much effort was put into apologizing -- I'd have told him to "get the f' over it already" but I'm mean like that.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Me personally, I would tell him to "SUCK IT UP", but I really don't care how my husband feels. So if you do, don't listen to me.

careful we can't tell people that on the boards anymore
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Pick your battles...This is not something I would worry about, You already said you were sorry and Im sure since he is your husband that you two have fought over bigger things than this..Let it go ! he will come around..
    Dont beat a dead horse !
  • BJs always work for my man....

It'd be a winner in my house too.
  • Dear Husband . . . this is exactly why I call him "hubs" on here, but apparently this offends some people . . . :ohwell:
    why would anyone find that offensive?

you must have missed the frat boy post about this one the other day.... it was amusing :laugh:
  • Honestly? Nothing! You already sent a lengthy apology, and told him your intentions were not to hurt his feelings. Nothing else is really needed except for him to realize you are being sincere and GET OVER IT!

^^^ This
    At this point, ball is in his court, if he chooses to continue on that has made it his problem. Passive aggression. If you keep on and on and on... no favours are being done. Eventually he'll come around. You've done your part and that is that.

^^both of these!