true hourglass figures

Options

Replies

• fitnatic67
    Options
    she bout to get trucked up in here in 3....2....1!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    What I found online said that the bust must be AT LEAST 10" bigger than the waist and the hip and bust are roughly the same.

I fit in this category and would say that NO I don't lose weight any faster than others. I put it on all over and kept my hourglass figure at my highest weight. Now that I'm losing, it's more pronounced and I lose it much differently than I put it on. I think it just depends on your diet and the exercises you are doing.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Don't mind me, I'm just here for pics.

Why you're at it.....can you add some more pics? Huhhh huhh? :wink: :laugh:
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Don't mind me, I'm just here for pics.

LMFAO!

:flowerforyou:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Do we have to consider our waist like the middle point between our hips and boobs, or can we go with the smallest point between our boobs and hips? My under-bust measurements is a good 8 inches smaller than my bust (that's in a squish-me-down sports bra, need to check with a regular bra), but my 'actual' waist I guess is bigger b/c of pregnancy leftovers and completely destroyed and weak abdominal muscles...... Also, does it matter what kind of bra we're wearing? Like I said, sports bra = squish and that's what I was wearing when I last took my measurements.....
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Ok so wait..what was the question?

::Crickets::
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to put down any other shapes, so please don't get mad at me for asking about only one particular shape, I just wanted to know based on the same shape that I have. Heck, different shapes have different workouts they should do an should avoid. Like I said, I had read about the weight gain/loss for hourglasses as being quick in areas about what exercises are best for hourglass shapes. I would not respond to all the "pear" shape threads or "apple" shape threads or "ruler" shape threads because I am not those shapes.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and am dropping weight relatively fast and was wondering if any other true hour glasses have experienced the same? I had read that our shape gains and loses the fastest and want to see how true it is. So,please, if you are not a true hourglass shape (and many on here who claim to be, when looking at their pictures clearly aren't) refrain from commenting if you can.

Thank you

You may be an hourglass now, but the way it usually works you'll be a pear for a while. As you lose, the bust goes down faster (hopefully only at first...:cry: ). I've lost inches 2x as fast in my chest as my hips....
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I lost very fast for the first 4/5 months. It's slowed down considerably since then but it's still fairly consistent the more I learn about my body and calories needed for me to lose and maintain.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I dunno what you class as a true hour glass I guess i could be classed as one but I rather it be called pear shape.. 28 waist 46 hip. My ratio always stays the same. I put on weight EXTREMELY quickly but I lose it weight quickly as well. I however have a small bust (about a 30-32 inches) .
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Shawty had them AppleBottom Jeans..boots with the fur...
    The whole club was lookin at her...

Wait, what?
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    O.o

Srsly....?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm actually more hourglass after my loss. because of my pear nature i put weight on my butt hips thighs and back. it makes my waist measure larger when i'm not at my fittest. fittest i'm 34-26-35..... use to be even in hs, then i got preggers and my hips wont go under 35 now. and btw, that hips opening during preggers, hurts. but i'd go through that pain plus some if i could reshape my figure. lol. most women would i think.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I only have 17 pounds to go to me my ideal weight and I pretty much guarantee I will stay at my ratio. In this whole weightless of 23 pounds i have only lost 2-3 inches on my hips but loads on my waist and bust.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You may be an hourglass now, but the way it usually works you'll be a pear for a while. As you lose, the bust goes down faster (hopefully only at first...:cry: ). I've lost inches 2x as fast in my chest as my hips....
    Unless you are a freak of nature like me, in which case you might actually go UP a cup size before all is said and done (I started as a 44F, after shedding 125 pounds, I am a 32G):sad:
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and am dropping weight relatively fast and was wondering if any other true hour glasses have experienced the same? I had read that our shape gains and loses the fastest and want to see how true it is. So,please, if you are not a true hourglass shape (and many on here who claim to be, when looking at their pictures clearly aren't) refrain from commenting if you can.

Thank you

I don't think you meant this to come off rude, (as it did) but to answer you question (no I'm not hour glass, I'm a big booty girl with a tiny upper body) your shape has zero impact on how quickly you gain or lose weight. Things that DO impact it are mostly out of your control (Ie genetics coding many things including how often your body releases hormones that regulate appetite and hunger) with some baring on metabolism (which is also partly controlled by genetics as well).
    Thank you very much. I thought it was weird that it was posted as such on another site so I wanted to see how true it may be.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Unless you are a freak of nature like me, in which case you might actually go UP a cup size before all is said and done (I started as a 44F, after shedding 125 pounds, I am a 32G):sad:

there would be women willing to trade spots with you dear. lol. grass is greener
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    that was another post....lol
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Well its not really that you went UP a cup..you went down in band and up in cup. If you reversed the two (buy a bigger band and a smaller cup) it would transpose.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Heck, different shapes have different workouts they should do an should avoid.

This is inaccurate.