true hourglass figures

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there shaped like a Bulova? I mean a TRUE Bulova. Not a knockoff, not a Timex, but a true Bulova.
    No, but I am shaped like a Cory Ida, which is probably a good thing, since that's what (umm... I mean who) I am.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    What if you have plastic surgery to increase your bust? Then do you count as an hourglass?

Same question for butt implants.

You have butt implants?

Seriously?! Mine's huge but no implants...
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there shaped like a Bulova? I mean a TRUE Bulova. Not a knockoff, not a Timex, but a true Bulova.

hahahaha!!!:laugh:
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You may be an hourglass now, but the way it usually works you'll be a pear for a while. As you lose, the bust goes down faster (hopefully only at first...:cry: ). I've lost inches 2x as fast in my chest as my hips....
    Unless you are a freak of nature like me, in which case you might actually go UP a cup size before all is said and done (I started as a 44F, after shedding 125 pounds, I am a 32G):sad:

I would cry. A lot. Then call a plastic surgeon. :) But that's me. I'm so tired of the dents in my shoulders and upper back pain, these things have got to GO.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am an hour glass and like another poster said, you don't lose weight faster with a certain body shape but it can be more noticeable. When I used to weigh less than 140 I looked gross whereas a woman the same height with a different body shape can weigh the same and look chunky.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is helpful, but...

Found this on superskinnyme.com:

Hourglass Body Shape
    •Well-proportioned upper and lower body.
    •Shoulders and hips (almost) same size
    •Dramatic indentation (> 6″) at waistline
    •Tend to gain weight all over your body, especially hip and chest area.
    •Tend to be endomorphs or mesomorphs.
    •Strictly female shape.
    •E.g. 32-26-33, 33-27-35, 36-30-38.

Then I found this on epigee.org:

•Mesomorphs: Mesomorphs are usually described as having an athletic build. They often have an hourglass or ruler shape, and gain muscle mass easily. The majority of mesomorphs have broad shoulders and a narrow waist. They have a fast metabolism and can lose weight more easily than endomorphs.

Don't know much about these sources, but I thought it would help the discussion.

Continue.
    By this definition, I am an hourglass. I have broad shoulders and hips and my waist is 11 inches smaller than my hips. But, I don't know if I am a "true" hourglass. I am also very much a mesomorph. But, no, I don't lose weight particularly easily or quickly.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    WTH?
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to put down any other shapes, so please don't get mad at me for asking about only one particular shape, I just wanted to know based on the same shape that I have. Heck, different shapes have different workouts they should do an should avoid. Like I said, I had read about the weight gain/loss for hourglasses as being quick in areas about what exercises are best for hourglass shapes. I would not respond to all the "pear" shape threads or "apple" shape threads or "ruler" shape threads because I am not those shapes.

Since when do we avoid exercises based on shape? Like... I'm a pear so I should avoid working out my butt? If that's what you mean- that's utterly stupid. All muscles should be engaged so that you're healthy and balanced. totally ridiculous

EDIT: I just read that article and it was... stupid. You can't pick where your fat is lost, it just comes off. SO, if I want to lose my pear butt... I'm going to do the same darned things as someone who wants to lose their giant boobs or big o'l gut.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'm losing about a pound a week. My stomach is not losing as fast as the rest of me though, so my hourglass is a bit round at the moment.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Large and round in the middle? Why yes, that's me.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    OMG some of the comments here are off the wall hilarious.

I am a psuedo hourglass apparently!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    JOINING THE POPCORN EATERS!

This is fantastically entertaining. Needed the laughs.
  • SCrompton
    SCrompton Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I guess I am an extreme hourglass :P

42"
    30"
    43"

I'm cool with that...just wanna make all those measurements a little smaller ;-)

BTW I agree with pretty much everyone else, your body shape might make you "look" like you lose weight faster or slower, but has nothing to do with the actual speed of fat loss.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Man_TapeMeasure.jpg

How may I be of assistance??
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    What if you have plastic surgery to increase your bust? Then do you count as an hourglass?

Same question for butt implants.

You have butt implants?

Seriously?! Mine's huge but no implants...

I'm still waiting for the pictures of said butt with implants...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Heck, different shapes have different workouts they should do an should avoid.

This is inaccurate.
    then why are there tons of articles like this on the internet and some from more legitimate sites than others? http://www.livestrong.com/article/342092-the-best-exercises-for-body-shape/

There are articles about anything and everything. Fit people work their entire bodies. I read the article and it looks like a load of *hoscience.

*credit to MrsCon40
  • Disapearing
    Disapearing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Don't mind me, I'm just here for pics.

Ditto. On another note, way to ask without offending anyone..
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Heck, different shapes have different workouts they should do an should avoid.

This is inaccurate.
    then why are there tons of articles like this on the internet and some from more legitimate sites than others? http://www.livestrong.com/article/342092-the-best-exercises-for-body-shape/

Livestrong.com is the ultimate reference for people who think a Google search counts as research.
  • Disapearing
    Disapearing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Large and round in the middle? Why yes, that's me.

No, $8 Casio over here. But I'm trying to work my way up to a spendier $12 shape. :( give me time.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    What I have learned from this post is that I have no clue what shape I am, aside from out of shape. When I as thinner, I think I could say I was true hourglass. As fat as I am now? I am just hugely glad that bust does not equal hips, given most of my weight is hips, *kitten* and thighs.