Older Men vs Younger Men?

Options
catshark209
catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
Or men one's own age?
Ladies, what do you think?
My partner is 17 years older than me and my ex husband is 5 years younger. I guess I'm not so into men my own age. :bigsmile:
If I had to, though, I'll stick with the older guys.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well.. my ex husband was two years older and my current boyfriend is my exact age (he's 2 weeks older). I've dated guys who were up to 10 years younger and I found them too immature. I've dated a couple guys who were older - not more than 5 years or so and I guess I just prefer guys around my own age. :)
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have dated men older than me almost by 13 years, as far as dating went he was 31 I was 19, but it worked out since neither of us were into partying he had his own place and was established, it wasn't childish or anything I really enjoyed it. I also dated someone only 2 years younger than me and I hated it and it was very short lived, my husband now is 3 years older than me. If I wasn't in a happy marriage and was single again I would probably go at least 5-10 years older. At that age they are typically at the same place I am.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've had grief both ways. 2 years younger and didn't want to spend time with me. 19 years older and wanted to take up every minute of my day.

Being single is the best. ;o Don't let my SO hear that.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've always stuck to close to my own age. My ex-husband is 3 years older. Actually everyone I've dated in the last 10 years or so since I got divorced was 1-3 years younger than me. So maybe I like 'em a little younger now? LOL I don't really care either way that much, but if I had to say I'd probably say within 5 years either way.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I married when I was 25 and my wife 42. She thought I was in my 30's and I thought she was in her 30's...we were both wrong but it has worked out wonderful! 26 years later and still going strong.

Her first husband was old school type, wanted her to be a corporate wife and keep a perfect house and host dinner parties and belong to the country club. She divorced him after 19 years. 3 kids.

She tells me life with me is fulfilling, we are more like equals in a partnership together. We both work, we both do things around the house. We cook, we shop, we travel together. I get along fine with the kids, who are all grown and married and kids of their own. Interestingly enough, her daughter married someone her own age and divorced after 6 years. She got remarried 3 years ago to a guy 7 years younger and now she says she couldn't be any happier. She even says she used us as an expample of the kind of happiness and type of marriage whe wanted for herself.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    hmm I have dated my own age, younger, up to 10 years older == My own age was frustrating, older just want to get married and have babies in no time, younger acted jealous, insecure and puppy doggish...

soo in my experience... age in guys is just a number! haha
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Or the young ones want to brag that they had an "older woman". LOL.
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my current bf is my age... the oldest guy i dated was 28 yrs and I was 18... my friends thought he was creepy for dating someone so young!!! now i see it....
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ok let the old man chrip in here.. I'm 23 years older than my wife, 55 and 32.. She said when she was in high school she knew her husband would be much older when she got married than her, weird..I'm just glad a few do like old men, hahahaha!! We have a 7yo daughter as well been married 9 years we have no problems I'm crazy about her an well as she is about me..Reason I'm trying to get into better shape is the 7yo I got to get her grown before I leave this world..
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've always been into older men.
    They are typically more intelligent and mature. I can actually have a real conversation with older men, where as younger men, and men my own age just want sex 24/7, and cant hold any form of conversation.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I've never dated anyone before (senior in college), but I'm generally attracted to older guys. Younger guys (like freshman) are very immature and obsessed with drinking. Seniors and above are still obsessed with drinking, but they're funnier and a little more mature about it.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've always been into older men too. I prefer at least a 10 year difference, but it's not mandatory. Guys my age are too immature, don't know what they want, want to party/drink all the time. 30+ is my kinda guy :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    my current bf is my age... the oldest guy i dated was 28 yrs and I was 18... my friends thought he was creepy for dating someone so young!!! now i see it....

When I was 18, I dated a 33 year old. I didn't see the problem, either. Once you're 21, it really doesn't matter too much, IMO
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I can't see myself dating a younger man. They're so immature at my age (26), that going any younger seems like a nightmare. And they look awful! So skinny and babyish. I wasn't attracted to boys in my high school for that same reason. And like the poster before me, didn't really date till older.

SO is 2 years older, so that is probably the minimum age difference.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've always been into older men too. I prefer at least a 10 year difference, but it's not mandatory. Guys my age are too immature, don't know what they want, want to party/drink all the time. 30+ is my kinda guy :)

Agreed!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    Options
    Ok younger guys it seems the older guys have taken the lead but I can promise you will get older... LOL
  • mcintyrekn
    mcintyrekn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like my men older than me.... Better in every way!! :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    In my 20's, I never dated a man under 35 until I met my husband who is 2 years older than me. I always prefer more mature men.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I've usually dated men my own age. I once dated a guy 7 years younger (I was 35, he was 28), but he was pretty mature.

Now that I'm 49, I hate to say it, but I find that guys my age have all let themselves go to seed. I've gotten in shape, and most men my age are fat and look like crap. I now that's not a very charitable thing to say, but I've found it to be true. I'm finding myself increasingly attracted to younger men. Yikes! Sounds creepy even to me! :ohwell:
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    Options
    I've usually dated men my own age. I once dated a guy 7 years younger (I was 35, he was 28), but he was pretty mature.

Now that I'm 49, I hate to say it, but I find that guys my age have all let themselves go to seed. I've gotten in shape, and most men my age are fat and look like crap. I now that's not a very charitable thing to say, but I've found it to be true. I'm finding myself increasingly attracted to younger men. Yikes! Sounds creepy even to me! :ohwell:

You are correct most older guys R NOT in shape.........Shape up guys.........